Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Del Rio to Oakland?

oldunclemark

He was 68-71 with one playoff win in nine seasons.

at Jacksonville, that's pretty good...2 or 3 very good seasons...in the Colts division? That's not bad

It has to be personal. Off the field. personality. Something. The record does not say 'terrible'

The personal dislike of Del Rio is something I still need explained to me

What happened to waiting until the season was over to interview..??

Denver had a bye week and they apparently talked to him.

They cant sign him until the playoffs end....

there was eve a story about Mark Davis (Al's son) talking to Jack when the Raiders ended their season at Denver..

The raiders have some good defensive players and a young QB...good kickers....

As an old school Raider fan....I think it would be an excellent choice...

On Saturday's NFL pregame show...

...they reported that Jack Del Rio is the No.1 candidate to be the next coach of the raiders,

He is from California and obviously, doesn't want to be defense co-ordinator of the Broncos forever

....seems like a good fit...

Yeah get rid off him and get Rex

If I was a head coach candidate I don't know if I would even want to go to Oakland. They don't have any players and Reggie McKenzie hasn't exactly done a great job with drafting or signing free agents. Oakland is where careers go to die.

But if you want to be a head coach..you take that challenge..

....I think you take a job that's open..and remember..he's from California..its like going home

But if you want to be a head coach..you take that challenge..

....I think you take a job that's open..and remember..he's from California..its like going home

He will get other opportunities at some point. You have maybe two players you can build around, Khalil Mack and Derek Carr. Better offers will come along, if not this year.

He will get other opportunities at some point. You have maybe two players you can build around, Khalil Mack and Derek Carr. Better offers will come along, if not this year.

That's 2 pretty good players..

But I don't think you make decisions that way...You have to think you can build a team your way.

..and a team in your home area...with great tradition..in a division you know well??

If he's offered..he'll take it i'm sure..and they've been last fior 2 years..no place to go but up

Let him go there.

All too easy to watch Denver's defense fall back to pieces.

Have you seen their secondary? I haven't.

Run D is solid, but good QB's tear the secondary apart and avoid the very hot/cold pass rush. If Luck doesn't do it, Brady likely will without even needing to TRY a running attack. They won't have to play to DEN's defensive strength.

IND, of course, will have to pass anyway because we can't run to begin with. Let alone against a great run D like DEN. If Pep is smart our play selection will be 99% passing. It's our only chance.

That's 2 pretty good players..

But I don't think you make decisions that way...You have to think you can build a team your way.

..and a team in your home area...with great tradition..in a division you know well??

If he's offered..he'll take it i'm sure..and they've been last fior 2 years..no place to go but up

I can understand him taking the job, just think it's going to be a lot of work. The organization hasn't had the greatest history of stability at the head coach position and Reggie McKenzie should have been fired this off season as well. If they bring in a new GM next year, he'll probably want his own coach, so you're possibly looking at a one year shot. I mean it doesn't really matter what either you or I think because Del Rio will do what he deems best. I just think he could get a better job at another point.

I can understand him taking the job, just think it's going to be a lot of work. The organization hasn't had the greatest history of stability at the head coach position and Reggie McKenzie should have been fired this off season as well. If they bring in a new GM next year, he'll probably want his own coach, so you're possibly looking at a one year shot. I mean it doesn't really matter what either you or I think because Del Rio will do what he deems best. I just think he could get a better job at another point.

Head coaching contracts are guaranteed. That could be best case scenario for him.

Have you seen their secondary? I haven't.

Run D is solid, but good QB's tear the secondary apart and avoid the very hot/cold pass rush. If Luck doesn't do it, Brady likely will without even needing to TRY a running attack. They won't have to play to DEN's defensive strength.

IND, of course, will have to pass anyway because we can't run to begin with. Let alone against a great run D like DEN. If Pep is smart our play selection will be 99% passing. It's our only chance.

Just sayin'. Although our run game looks a lot better with Boom playing his guts out and TRich being a healthy scratch. (Aka benched where he belongs)  Too bad it took 17 weeks to realize how bad he is.

If Denver were smart, they'd ditch 4 man rush Jack in a heartbeat. Fox, too.