Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hats off to Colts and Patriots fans

TAPLOOK

I've come to the conclusion that we are all football savants after spending a little time on the Ravens board. 

The midwest tolerates. I remember a Jets fan walking into a sports bar before the 2009 AFCCG and expecting a lot of trash talking. When he didn't get much, he asked about it and was told, we don't talk much, we just show it on the field.

That is just how we roll. By no means are we saints and not have an iota of fanatic in us but most of us here know what a measured response should be, for the most part :).

The midwest tolerates. I remember a Jets fan walking into a sports bar before the 2009 AFCCG and expecting a lot of trash talking. When he didn't get much, he asked about it and was told, we don't talk much, we just show it on the field.

That is just how we roll. By no means are we saints and not have an iota of fanatic in us but most of us here know what a measured response should be, for the most part :).

I've always admired Midwest sensibility.  I traveled a LOT when I was younger and unsettled and always was very interested by the attitudes of the different regions. I'm a native S. Co. guy and you can have 25 best friends after being in town for a week but only 1 or 2 are worth a dam. In New England it's harder to get to know people but they make great friends once you connect. I absolutely loved the Midwest women back in the day and found them to be the most fun, laid back and pretty of anywhere in the country.   

I have never experienced the kind of abuse I took when I visited the Philly fan forum (the official team one) before the 2010 game. I wasn't trash talking, I even said "I come in peace" and just wanted to talk football. I was told I'd be taken to a restroom and beaten if I showed up at the game, called every name in the book, and threatened with stabbing....among other things. What a pitiful, pathetic bunch of losers. Of course I had no intention in the first place of going to the game...but still. Philly fans have a bad reputation (jail at the old Vet) and they deserve every bit of it. I am thankful that this place is sane. We disagree sometimes, and there is trolling....but nothing like what I experienced on their OFFICIAL SITE. I even emailed some of the vulgar responses to the admins and got no reply.

I've come to the conclusion that we are all football savants after spending a little time on the Ravens board.

What the heck happened ? I have business from N . VA to Maine, and the Midwest including Indy. People are nice throughout, but sports is taken more personally and seriously in the Northeast, than in some other regions.

I have never experienced the kind of abuse I took when I visited the Philly fan forum (the official team one) before the 2010 game. I wasn't trash talking, I even said "I come in peace" and just wanted to talk football. I was told I'd be taken to a restroom and beaten if I showed up at the game, called every name in the book, and threatened with stabbing....among other things. What a pitiful, pathetic bunch of losers. Of course I had no intention in the first place of going to the game...but still. Philly fans have a bad reputation (jail at the old Vet) and they deserve every bit of it. I am thankful that this place is sane. We disagree sometimes, and there is trolling....but nothing like what I experienced on their OFFICIAL SITE. I even emailed some of the vulgar responses to the admins and got no reply.

That is one place you had better believe them. They have a drunk tank and court in the bowels of the stadium , they snowballed Santa, and they are generally hostile be it an Eagles , or Phillies game in the other stadium.

Now now you shouldn't take internet trolling to heart.

Saints fans (not Bogie) are tied with Packers fans. I went to the 2010 rematch with the Vikings for what was supposed a once and a lifetime game and I definitely got what what I "was supposed" to get.

In Mississippi for the NFCCG in 2009, I remember a sports bar that was half themed for Minnesota and half themed for New Orleans. It was quite something I was surprised by.

Back in the 90's, Favre did have quite a following amongst the Gulf Coast around the time they put together that awesome 1996 team. it was not uncommon to find Favre jerseys everywhere in stores around 1995-1997. I had one. :hat: It was not surprised to see them buy purple jerseys back in 2009.

I still have a Favre jersey too, not ashamed of it. It's great to see Packers fans that do like him, cause it was depressing reading how much they hated him for a few years. He was the reason I started watching football as a kid.

How about this one Bogie...you'll think I'm making it up. I was raised a Packer fan without any explanation, and a Seminole fan but no explanation was needed because we live in the small town next to Tallahassee. I watched my Dad all but cry during the games that came on local TV when they couldn't even beat Tampa Bay. Another time we BOTH cried was when some little punk upset our #2 ranked Seminoles the first game of the year in 1989. Forget his name...think he might have popped up in the NFL in 1992 lol!

Favre was the king in Green Bay immediately in 1992. By 1996 he was the country's favorite until 2004.

I get the Packer's end of the debate towards the end but I'm not sure they know that it wasn't long before Favre that the Bears beat that Packers 61-7...that's a bigger whoopin' than what we saw the Packers do to the Bears that Sunday night. Now obviosly there are some fans somewhere that remember that but they sure aren't people on the internet or in sports mags. If they were, they would be a little easier on The Ole Gunslinger.

Not sure anyone beats St. Louis fans. I still remember how respectful they were toward Pats fan back in 2002 when we were beating them for our first ring and how much they complimented the Patriots. And then when the Red Sox were about to sweep the Cards in 2004 with game 4 in St. Louis many Cards fans gave their tickets to Red Sox fans so they could witness it live. Just class, class, class.

Not sure anyone beats St. Louis fans. I still remember how respectful they were toward Pats fan back in 2002 when we were beating them for our first ring and how much they complimented the Patriots. And then when the Red Sox were about to sweep the Cards in 2004 with game 4 in St. Louis many Cards fans gave their tickets to Red Sox fans so they could witness it live. Just class, class, class.

The certainly wouldn't happen in Baltimore !

To bad it was the Redsox!

Just playin!!!!!

But seriously that is amazing that people like that still exist!  Wow!  Just Wow!

That's what I like about our fan base. We'll haze a little bit but not to the point where you don't enjoy your time

EDIT: Well except for the part about your team losing

Now that is a first. Being a Cubs fan, St Louis is known as low class, white trash, racists. But hey that may be because I'm a Cubs fan. Nothing tops the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry.

Now that is a first. Being a Cubs fan, St Louis is known as low class, white trash, racists. But hey that may be because I'm a Cubs fan. Nothing tops the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry.

Really? I suppose division rivalries are always heated. But they were unbelievably nice to Boston fans in both football and baseball.

Really? I suppose division rivalries are always heated. But they were unbelievably nice to Boston fans in both football and baseball.

Truly I'm surprised by that. It wasn't too long ago fans at int of the playoffs games were chanting racial slurs towards Ferguson protestors in the stadium.