Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coach Possibilities?

bap1331

Im really liking Andy Reid. Im sure that this time hes going to get fired. But he would be a good pickup in the offseason.

Also we should get back Tony Dungy or Bill Cowherd. They're wasting their precious time and knowledge with this commentating nonsense. How many commentators do we need on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday? I swear that roundtable is getting bigger every year! Its going to be a rotunda by next year with the camera spinning around like That 70s show...

Tony Dungy left to spend more time with his family, and a commentating job is less work intensive than a head coaching job, so I don't foresee him changing his mind on that. Plus, he won a Superbowl ring. He wrote a book. He's content and done with coaching.

As for others, I think anyone is an upgrade at this point, even Jim Mora senior (hey, at least he won a few games and had the balls to say we sucked!)

Meh, would hate to bring in Reid. Great guy, but he showed me he can't do much with very talented teams. I don't want him bringing the Eagles crap over to here.

I would love to see the Colts bring in a defensive minded coach. Would absolutely love a Mike Zimmer, or a Vic Fangio (former Colts DC), or even Jerry Gray. We need a defensive upgrade!

Im really liking Andy Reid. Im sure that this time hes going to get fired. But he would be a good pickup in the offseason.

Also we should get back Tony Dungy or Bill Cowherd. They're wasting their precious time and knowledge with this commentating nonsense. How many commentators do we need on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday? I swear that roundtable is getting bigger every year! Its going to be a rotunda by next year with the camera spinning around like That 70s show...

Who are you to decide how they spend their time? They probably feel a lot less pressure now than they did on the sidelines, and it's easier on their bodies. They've earned it. Cowher (not Cowherd) will never coach again.

Tony Dungy left to spend more time with his family, and a commentating job is less work intensive than a head coaching job, so I don't foresee him changing his mind on that. Plus, he won a Superbowl ring. He wrote a book. He's content and done with coaching.

Yeah I've always thought Dungy was one of the few who honestly ment it when he said he was done.

I don't see Dungy coming back. Also Ironicly enough the table Dungy works at is pretty small and has gone down in size. It's only Patrick, Harrison, and Dungy. Yeah they have other guys who come in with news and notes but those are the three main guys at the desk which is pretty ironic when you think about it it was NBC who started the HUGE cast. They had something like four or five guys when they first started that show.

As for Cowher no thanks. His teams have a worse record of choking the playoffs than Dungy's did. One could say the samething about Reid's for that matter. If we go the ex coach route I'd rather have guy like Fisher who has a track record of his teams surpassing expecations. As crazy as this sounds though I am not 100% convienced Caldwell gets fired this year. Forthe record I am NOT saying I wouldn't fire him. I am just saying what I COULD see the Colts doing. I think Irsay and Polian might give him a pass based on the Manning injury if he fires a lot of his staff. It wouldn't shock me either though if they did fire him. I am not going to be shocked either way with Caldwell.

Who are you to decide how they spend their time? They probably feel a lot less pressure now than they did on the sidelines, and it's easier on their bodies. They've earned it. Cowher (not Cowherd) will never coach again.

Really Doogan, :facepalm:????? It's an opinion, it has nothing to do with how they ACTUALLY spend their time.....

1) Hey, now here is a fresh topic.

2) The notion of you determining that someone else is wasting their time is really kind of funny.