Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Belichick is the best....and I HATE saying that.

cmgww

Did you notice how Bill "punished" Brady by making him take a knee with nearly a minute (and I think three timeouts) left after the Colts scored and NE got the ball back? 

LOL... 

You know I didn't think of it as a punishment at the time but I was very surprised by the lack of aggressiveness in that situation.  

But given what I know about what Belicheck does with his RB's after they fumble it's actually not all that surprising that he would do that to Tom.  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts looked like their game plan was to not let Tom Brady beat them.  And he didn't, he really didn't have that good of a game.

But Belicheck just ran it down their throats.  

And I don't think Gray is that talented, he had a good scheme and good blocking.  We couldn't get a man near him til he was practically 10 yards down the field.

I could have probably got a hundred yards behind that.

I would disagree. Stats aside which I don't care about he was 9 for 12 in 3rd downs. He made some big plays in the 2nd half and hey..that's what you need from the QB. Not 4 TDs and 400 yds as the only measure.

Now he did turn it over twice but he made up for it 2nd half. Those 3rd down conversions were pretty important.

In the end its all important so.............

I would disagree. Stats aside which I don't care about he was 9 for 12 in 3rd downs. He made some big plays in the 2nd half and hey..that's what you need from the QB. Not 4 TDs and 400 yds as the only measure.

Now he did turn it over twice but he made up for it 2nd half. Those 3rd down conversions were pretty important.

In the end its all important so.............

Ok I'll give you that because I missed the 2nd half and could only look at what happened in the first half and stats.

Although I would of course be remiss if I didn't ask how far he had to go for a 1st down in most of those situations.  Again I don't know because I didn't see the 2nd half, but if Gray goes for 4 on 1st down and 5 on 2nd down and Brady only has to get a yard, I'm not sure you can say he had a great game.

He had a decent game but the 200 yards from the RB stands out.

Not sure. there were some critical 3rd and 8's and 3rd and 5 when we'll throw.

Might have been some 3rd and 2 with a run...

Ok I'll give you that because I missed the 2nd half and could only look at what happened in the first half and stats.

Although I would of course be remiss if I didn't ask how far he had to go for a 1st down in most of those situations.  Again I don't know because I didn't see the 2nd half, but if Gray goes for 4 on 1st down and 5 on 2nd down and Brady only has to get a yard, I'm not sure you can say he had a great game.

He had a decent game but the 200 yards from the RB stands out.

Here is the breakdown of the third down conversions:

Pass plays:

3 and 7, Brady to Edelman for 7 yards

3 and 3, Brady to Gronk for 20 yards

3 and 10, Brady to Edelman for 13 yards

3 and 6, Brady to LaFell for 26

3 and 3, Brady to Rob for 16

3 and 4, pass to Rob for 26 and TD

Run plays:

3 and 1, Gray for 2 yards

3 and 1, Gray for 20 yards

3 and 4, Gray for 5

Out of the 9 conversions, Brady passed for 6 of them hitting big plays on almost all of them and a TD. Gray did run twice when it was third and one and once at third and four which was at the end of the game.

Brady had a MUCH better second half than first half extending drives for scores.