Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip B. Wilson Makes Suggestion For New Dc

bayone

are 6 suggestions

1st one was what Coyer supposedly Wanted and FO didn't

1.) Blitz more in unpredictable situations — I’ve written this several times after reviewing the games. The Colts always seem to wait to send an extra LB on third-and-long. Every other team knows it. Why not send LB Philip Wheeler in on first or second down every now and then? I’m not sold Wheeler is playing that well anyway, so utilize the guy’s speed and strength and see if he can make a play that way.

http://blogs.indysta...-of-assistance/

If the reports that the FO is the one nixing the idea of a more aggressive blitzing defense under Coyer is true then it explains a lot of the problems. The FO should be finding players to fit the defensive and offensives scheme not dictating the scheme. That would explain a lot of the reports that there was factions up at 56th street.

I would love to see a more aggressive attacking defense instead of seeing the lets play it safe and hope you mess up or Frathis make a play.

I doubt its the FO thats dictating the scheme, coyer got fired at denver for a reason as well as he did here... hopefully the colts do play sims more and there are some noticable differences on defense cause if not firing coyer during the season was practically pointless.

If the reports that the FO is the one nixing the idea of a more aggressive blitzing defense under Coyer is true then it explains a lot of the problems. The FO should be finding players to fit the defensive and offensives scheme not dictating the scheme. That would explain a lot of the reports that there was factions up at 56th street.

I would love to see a more aggressive attacking defense instead of seeing the lets play it safe and hope you mess up or Frathis make a play.

What I would like to see, isn't neccesarily more blitzing (although it likely would involve that) but more effective blitzing. Like the article said, you want to blitz when they don't expect it, and when you do blitz you want it to count so the other offense has to worry about it thus dictating to them how the game will be played

In other words, lets blitz smarter, not harder.

I doubt its the FO thats dictating the scheme, coyer got fired at denver for a reason as well as he did here... hopefully the colts do play sims more and there are some noticable differences on defense cause if not firing coyer during the season was practically pointless.

Coyer was quoted a couple days ago that we have an organizational scheme on defense and that his hands were tied to some extent. FO is absolutely dictating scheme. What I've always hated about Polian. He tries to control too much and won't stray when things are not working.

Coyer was quoted a couple days ago that we have an organizational scheme on defense and that his hands were tied to some extent. FO is absolutely dictating scheme. What I've always hated about Polian. He tries to control too much and won't stray when things are not working.

I wouldnt believe that if i were you.. one of the main reasons Coyer even had success in denver is because he had a really good set of LB's and champ bailey... other than that the guy was horrible... CP was cleaning house since 06 so i doubt its the FO... BP himself said the scheme needs to change so why would they want to do more of it... not to mention BP isnt the one pulling the strings idk why fans keep thinking its BP who is making all these decisions lol

... not to mention BP isnt the one pulling the strings idk why fans keep thinking its BP who is making all these decisions lol

Having the "Vice Chairman of Football Operations" title will probably do that. Followed by his two kids holding "Vice President and GM" and "Director of Football Administration" titles......A Polian is responsible. Start at the head (Bill).

Having the "Vice Chairman of Football Operations" title will probably do that. Followed by his two kids holding "Vice President and GM" and "Director of Football Administration" titles......A Polian is responsible. Start at the head (Bill).

lol do you know what Vice Chairman is? its basically a title for BP to have in what the colts SHOULD do... lets not forget the fact that its Jim Irsay who is the one who selects the GM not Bill though he may have had a hand in that as well... fans need not to forget whos team this truly is.. not BP's or his son... CP is the one who is making the decision hence his status as GM... BP is getting ready to retire fans are thinking he is still in charge because they listen to his show.

lol do you know what Vice Chairman is? its basically a title for BP to have in what the colts SHOULD do... lets not forget the fact that its Jim Irsay who is the one who selects the GM not Bill though he may have had a hand in that as well... fans need not to forget whos team this truly is.. not BP's or his son... CP is the one who is making the decision hence his status as GM... BP is getting ready to retire fans are thinking he is still in charge because they listen to his show.

For someone who lives an ocean away you sure think you know alot about 56th street. Vice Chairman is just a 'title for BP to have'. Seriously?

And yes, we as fans know whos team this is. Ours.

For someone who lives an ocean away you sure think you know alot about 56th street. Vice Chairman is just a 'title for BP to have'. Seriously?

And yes, we as fans know whos team this is. Ours.

"Vice Chairman title on its own usually has only an advisory role and not an operational one"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_title

..... which is what i said earlier... before you speak mate its best you actually know what your talking instead of making smart remarks

:smack:

"Vice Chairman title on its own usually has only an advisory role and not an operational one"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_title

..... which is what i said earlier... before you speak mate its best you actually know what your talking instead of making smart remarks

:smack:

So when Polian is making statements using the term 'we' is he referring to the mouse in his pocket? Or is he referring to the Colts organization that he helps run? Just looking for clarification.

So when Polian is making statements using the term 'we' is he referring to the mouse in his pocket? Or is he referring to the Colts organization that he helps run? Just looking for clarification.

Im sorry do you not say "we" as well when you refer to the colts? BP is still the president of the colts, BUT he is not the one drafting the players of forming their contracts.. thats CP, and as a Vice Chairman he can only advise his son, he cant make any decisions pertaining to them.

BP isnt the one pulling the strings idk why fans keep thinking its BP who is making all these decisions lol

Bill has been the one making the decisions for a decade, he makes the press statements, he has his radio show, he is the person Kiper & others reference during draft time, he is the one out on the field shaking each players hand before home games etc.... so it shouldn't be hard to think that he is the one making the decisions, he does a real good job of being the most visible GM in the NFL...

I don't know maybe that is why people think he is the one making decisions

Bill has been the one making the decisions for a decade, he makes the press statements, he has his radio show, he is the person Kiper & others reference during draft time, he is the one out on the field shaking each players hand before home games etc.... so it shouldn't be hard to think that he is the one making the decisions, he does a real good job of being the most visible GM in the NFL...

I don't know maybe that is why people think he is the one making decisions

That was a decade ago this is now... Chris Polian is the one dealing with contracts and players... Like i said earlier Bill Polian mentioned on his radio show that Curtis painter will be the starter for the rest of the season... i guess it didnt turn out that way... BP is pretty much the colts loud speaker when it comes down to it..

"Bill Polian isn’t making the Colts’ day-to-day personnel decisions. Chris Polian, the Colts’ general manager, took over those duties during the offseason."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-colts-polian

BP is on his way out, and whatever he says its best fans take that with a hint of salt... Chris Polian will be the one talking to peyton about his contract this offseason not BP