Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland Raiders (0-16)?

oldunclemark

Most of you are not nearly old enough to have grown up rooting for the Oakland Raiders.

...They were the SeaHawks and the Broncos all rolled into one...Dave Casper, Kenny Stabler, Ted Hendricks, Otis Sistrunk, Freddy Bilitnekoff, Jim Plunkett, George Atkinson Jack Tatum. And old coach John Madden. Good guys and outlaws combined. For years and years.

Like Al Davis said "When you've got great coaches, Great players and a great organization.

There's only one thing left to do."

"Just win baby"

But I'm worried that this may a year that lives in infamy. You all know that Oakland is 0-6 (only 92 points scored all year) with a game at

Clevaland today. THIS COULD BE THE DAY.

Not only the day that Johnny Manziel finally comes off he bench. But the day that the Raiders win that first

game. Boy, I hope so. My worry is: What if that does not happen?.

Have any of you taken a (and I don't know why you would) look at Oakland's schedule?

At 0-7, the Raiders would have 2 games left with Denver, 2 games left with Kansas City and a rematch with

San Diego. That's looking like 0-12.

They have Seattle and San Francisco to play out of the NFC West. That's probably 0-14

The only other two games are at home vs. Buffalo and at St Louis.

They're going to win a game, right? Its really hard to go 0-16, isn't it?

Oakland isn't bad enough to go 0-16, are they?

Cleveland, Buffalo, and St Louis all look winnable so I think they will win at least one of those.

They should have beaten New England and San Diego.

Sure Blue..which one WILL they win? What if they lose at Cleveland

I agree that some are winnable but half the games they lost were winnable

0-16 isnt going to happen to my Raiders.............................................................is it?

If they almost win a game. can I claim that??

. In the year that Detroit was 0-16, didn't they ALMOST beat a half dozen teams?

You make a point.

The thing about the Raiders though is that they don't seem like the worst team in the NFL. People can argue the Jags, Titans, and Bucs are worse. 

You make a point.

The thing about the Raiders though is that they don't seem like the worst team in the NFL. People can argue the Jags, Titans, and Bucs are worse.

I could not agree more. I love their new QB....I cant believe they lost to SD

They seem to play very hard and they have a big home field advantage ( I hate it when people say they're going to move to LA..really? Folks will be headed for the parking lot after the 3rd quarter. They dont care about football in LA)

But that schedule is brutal. SD, Denver, KC, Seattle, SF....They cannot afford to show my guys any mercy

I honestly hope the Raiders don't - I don't want them getting the #1 pick, LOL!  They love to play the spoiler, so they could start to pull things together.  

I don't want them to win too much, but I really don't want Carr to suffer the fate of his brother and get beaten to pieces.  He's a good man.  

That upcoming schedule is a parade of pain....

I dont see the win right now..Buffalo?...wow...maybe not

Seattle..SF..no way..KC....unlikely

what ive learned from my years as a nfl fan is there is no guarantee in any single game  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are assuming NE wins all but one of their remaining games..

But you're taking it literally and you mis understand..

...the Broncos would still need that game..they'd be the No, 2 seed with a week off.

they would need to play and win going into the 2 week break.

You're talking playoff implications. Im saying there's no way that with awek off..that manning wont play vs. Oakland.

Bill Polian doesn't run the Broncnos...Peyton isn't taking a week off...and Denver isn't so good they dont need that win