Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Polian Hall of Fame Finalist

Blue Horseshoe

The thing I don't understand is Jim Irsay is lauded by many on the forum for the same things they criticize Polian for. To me, Polian is definitely a Hall of Famer. Polian had some bad drafts at the end, so it was the right time for Irsay to make a change and get in some new blood.

I've also heard criticism about Polian's son, but didn't Bob once do that with Jim, making him a GM in 1984, with a background that would never got him a GM job in a million years ?

That being said, I think it's fair to say both Irsay and Polian were successful during this era, Irsay deserves credit as owner , and I think Polian deserves his due.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Polian will be in the Hall of Fame. 

Harrison and Polian in the same year.

Should be easy decisions, but Harrison got snubbed last year along with Dungy.

It would be awesome to see Polian, Harrison, and Dungy all get in together. 

That would just be too cool.   I agree.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I respect this Knicks team, their fans and media not so much. They think they are better than us because they live in a big city. Snobby to be honest. I remember the 90's when they were mocking us 'being Country like' and calling us Hayseeds. They have all the big celebrities that go to their games, like Spike, Jon Stewart, Tracy Morgan, etc..  My early look at this series:   -Brunson is going to be a problem, he is a Superstar, Haliburton is as well but not as consistent as Brunson is at scoring the ball. Haliburton is a better passer though, that is almost a wash. Brunson may be a tad better, but the Pacers have McConnell as well for depth, see my next point.   -Pacers have more depth   -Pacers are a better 3-point shooting team   -Pacers are a better Offensive team   -Knicks are better defensive team   -Knicks have HCA   This series is going to end up 2 ways. Either Pacers in 6 or Knicks in 7. Pacers will win in 6, if we can get one of 1st 2 games. If we fall behind 2-0, I doubt we can win 4 out of 5 against them.    Rebounding will be a huge key to this series as well. The team that gets a lot of 2nd chance points, will be the team that will probably win. The Pacers have the better Big's with Turner and Pascal but the Knicks are a scrappy bunch. 
    • He’s our dog man.  I gotta feeling he’s going to be a monster.
    • the thing is, our game changing TE may be on the roster in jelani woods.  He just has to stay healthy.  Remember that stretch of games where he scored a touchdown in every game he played in until he got hurt?     idk what injury bug bit him, but I hope it doesn’t bite him again this season. 
    • What a chump. Milwaukee and their fans are a dump. I hate the Brewers too being a Cubs fan.
    • Not only do I think we should’ve picked up the option, but I think we should retain him if he’s not too expensive.     He may not be the complete DE we want him to be, but he’s serviceable.  And it’s hard to find serviceable DEs.  Him and Latu would be a solid rotation and also gives us depth in case of injury.
  • Members

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 92

• AwesomeAustin

AwesomeAustin 2,410

• John Waylon

John Waylon 5,228

• erock

erock 3

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 41,576

• IndyD4U