Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (-8) @ Oakland (10-12-14)

oldunclemark

History has taught us to never underestimate the power of a hated rivalry to turn games upside down.  

The Raiders are terrible, but Carr is a QB that has a big arm, accurate throws and is fearless.  If/when he gets protection and some receivers they may be on their way back up.  We were Fresno State Bulldogs Season Ticket holders when Carr was there (hubby's body can't handle it any more).  Carr is a great leader who has been coached by his brother since he was little.  

All that said I believe we beat them soundly.   

That kind of scares me never like to jump on a streak. I am the cooler.

8,5 is a lot on the road but that D vs the Raiders I am still staying away. It is tempting.

I love the Lions +1 vs Minn this week. That D vs Bridgewater making his second start and all they have to do is win the game. I know they are beat up on offense but it shouldn't take much more than 10. The Vikes have only scored over 10 once since the week 1.

Detroit is 2nd in points per game I know it looks like a set up and I am the bowling pin. 

I'm finally catching my breath - I said it in my earlier post, there's nothing about a hated division rivalry that is predictable.  That said, good teams do what it takes to win.  

Derek is going to be a good QB.  He looked like he was playing in college - no nerves.  Good decision making for the most part.  Raiders played out of their minds today.  They had 2 weeks to game plan this game and it looked like it.  Everything about them looked better.  

Don't know how we keep hanging on with the serious injuries to seriously important players.  However, if we do, we're going to be in the thick of it come playoff time.

Rivers or DeMarco Murray for MVP.

Depends on if Chargers or Cowboys win their divisions and their AFC/NFC seeding, IMO. That is what it could come down to. Besides, both the AFC West and NFC East play the NFC West, a huge factor in MVP balloting, IMO.

If the game is close...it'll probably be because the Raiders get hot and its a shootout...

....SD is so thin at running back, they almost have to throw

The 'over' is a very good bet

I was in bed sick, and thought it was a hallucination that the Raiders made it a good game. Perhaps they are a little better than people give them credit for when Carr is in while the Jets & Jags are the two worst teams.

Perhaps the Chargers are not as good as people think. Note, I said 'perhaps'. Wins over the Jets, Jags, Raiders and Bills is not a terrific body of work. A great win over the Seahawks, but are they as good as advertised? With a more juicy schedule on the horizon (excluding the Rams and the Raiders), we shall soon know.

Can't fault Rivers for how he has played to date. Top notch.

I can't disagree with you Braveheart.  Our schedule is back loaded.  Our biggest issue is injuries.  We're beating people with our 2s and 3s, can we keep doing that until we get some of our key players back?  If so, it could be interesting.  

In the past we probably would have crumbled and lost that game.  It's a different team.  The years we went 14-2 and 13-3 we won the ugly ones.  That's what it takes to pull off that kind of record.  We'll see. 

Perhaps the Chargers are not as good as people think. Note, I said 'perhaps'. Wins over the Jets, Jags, Raiders and Bills is not a terrific body of work. A great win over the Seahawks, but are they as good as advertised? With a more juicy schedule on the horizon (excluding the Rams and the Raiders), we shall soon know.

Can't fault Rivers for how he has played to date. Top notch.

One thing about that Seahawk game.  The temperature on the field was over 130 and Seattle was in their dark green uniforms.