Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More child abuse allegations for AP.

Dustin

I think in some situations you bite the bullet. They will lose more money and long term standing relationships with enraged fans than the money they would save on keeping him just in case he is found innocent which has a slim chance of happening given the evidence and testimonies.

I'm not taking about bottom line money, I'm talking about the massive cap penalty next season if they cut him now. That stadium will be full even if AD plays this week

no they didn't, they will get cap relief for Hernandez, . Again, not even close to the same situation. Hernandez has been incarcerated since he was arrested

They have been taking cap hits the last two seasons, CBA won't help them recoup the cap only the bonus, http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-released-new-england-patriots-arrested/2459401/.

Like I said, it is what it is. In the very least they could deactivate him.

Are you kidding me?  Did you even read the article?

4169.jpg

TMZ reports Adrian Peterson has already been cleared of the latest child abuse accusation involving one of his other sons.

Peterson was accused of hitting one of his other sons, a four-year-old, in the forehead and leaving him with a scar after disciplining him for cursing at a sibling. A source said the case went nowhere because it was determined the boy was injured when he accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Peterson was punishing him. Peterson's form of discipline was "not impermissible." In Texas, parents are allowed to administer "reasonable punishment."
Source: TMZ Sports

Sep 1

This is what happens when you trust unreliable sources like TMZ.  They constantly shotgun out allegations and rumors against people and then constantly have to retract stuff because their editing is horrible.  In this case the retraction came 70 minutes after the initial report.

In fairness to the OP, that's not was reported on the first rotoworld post.  You copy/pasted the one posted at 8:39.  When the OP posted this at 7:30, the only rotoworld post on it was the one at 7:12, which made no mention of the fact that this was from 2013 and that it was not impermissible punishment in Texas.

They have been taking cap hits the last two seasons, CBA won't help them recoup the cap only the bonus, http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-released-new-england-patriots-arrested/2459401/.

Like I said, it is what it is. In the very least they could deactivate him.

Did they ever get any cap relief?  I know earlier this year there were reports that they could recoup the signing bonus (and they could also recoup the grievance bonus as well).  I saw that the max amount that you could expect to be about $4.5 million.  http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=297

Did they ever get any cap relief?  I know earlier this year there were reports that they could recoup the signing bonus (and they could also recoup the grievance bonus as well).  I saw that the max amount that you could expect to be about $4.5 million.  http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=297

The only way they could have avoided the cap hits would have been to keep AH on the roster. They have been trying to recoup the signing bonus which is part of the CBA.

My mom or dad never laid a hand on me...... But I feared them when I was a kid, and respect them now as an adult.

We did chores because we were told to, and yes I got yelled at, grounded from TV, phone, friends., etc.

I don't want to be the judge of which "discipline" is correct per household......   but this is not "discipline"  this is child abuse.  Child abuse is against the law and AP needs to be convicted.