Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I would imagine our run defense has already been lauded and probably (colts @ broncos)

SC-Coltsfan

More than once but IMHO the way they played they deserve the praise. I can't ever remember our run defense being that stout for a whole game, especially against a quality back like Monte Ball. Yeah they gave up a few runs here and there but their play was lightyears better than in the past. It starts up front and that part of the defense is definitely a step in the right direction. The lack of pass rush and secondary play doesn't concern me a whole lot yet only because Manning rarely gets sacked by anyone and he's going to find holes in anyone's secondary.

I wouldn't go so far as praise. We have to do better getting stops in short yardage. But overall, I thought the run defense was pretty good. Just three carries for notable yardage, and one was an end around.

I'm more concerned about dealing with a less traditional rushing attack. It's usually mobile QBs and read option that we get gashed by.

More than once but IMHO the way they played they deserve the praise. I can't ever remember our run defense being that stout for a whole game, especially against a quality back like Monte Ball. Yeah they gave up a few runs here and there but their play was lightyears better than in the past. It starts up front and that part of the defense is definitely a step in the right direction. The lack of pass rush and secondary play doesn't concern me a whole lot yet only because Manning rarely gets sacked by anyone and he's going to find holes in anyone's secondary.

I agree the run defense was stout up front; as stout as I have witnessed in several years as well. Our corners played well too, especially Butler and Davis. I also thought Toler and Adams played decent.

Our only real weakness was covering the TE, and lets face JT is not the ordinary run of the mill TE. He owned DJ. That said, we should have done a better job covering him. In future games, we need to do a better job covering TE's.

I agree the run defense was stout up front; as stout as I have witnessed in several years as well. Our corners played well too, especially Butler and Davis. I also thought Toler and Adams played decent.

Our only real weakness was covering the TE, and lets face JT is not the ordinary run of the mill TE. He owned DJ. That said, we should have done a better job covering him. In future games, we need to do a better job covering TE's.

After the half time adjustments ( and coaches words) the Colts as a team played very well. It didn't surprise me the Bronco's come out smoking. It's Manning at home and that's a tough matchup for any team to face. Once the Colts got settled down they played very good with the exceptions of the turnovers and that happens when you are playing in catch up mode. There were quite a few fans right here in this forum who said the Colts were going to get completely blown out. Well they did in the first half but then got it going and had a chance to tie or get a win. J.T. is a top flight TE who is in the top category of TEs. The Bronco's game plan worked till we adjusted.

After the half time adjustments ( and coaches words) the Colts as a team played very well. It didn't surprise me the Bronco's come out smoking. It's Manning at home and that's a tough matchup for any team to face. Once the Colts got settled down they played very good with the exceptions of the turnovers and that happens when you are playing in catch up mode. There were quite a few fans right here in this forum who said the Colts were going to get completely blown out. Well they did in the first half but then got it going and had a chance to tie or get a win. J.T. is a top flight TE who is in the top category of TEs. The Bronco's game plan worked till we adjusted.

I was certainly excited to see our defense give the offense so many opportunities. We just needed a few more minutes, and we would have likely completed the comeback.