Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats look terrible.

Dustin

The Saints lose and it's because "Atlanta is for real!"

When the Pats lose it's "OMG What's wrong with the Pats?"

New England will be fine. Even if they drop 0-2, they will be fine. The AFC East is pretty weak, don't fool yourself over Miami, New England does tend to drop a divisional game every year, it happens.

The 1993 Cowboys started 0-2 and finished 12-4 and won the Super Bowl. 2007 Giants also started 0-2.

I think the Pats will win in Minnesota based on my hunch, but I'm not worried about them really. They'll get through, they always do. This is total over reaction.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vikings OC Norv Turner can generate offense & it would be interesting to see if that game went TD to TD, but like GP said if you fix Brady's pocket & give him time to shuffle his feet he will be fine. Also, get WR Edelman involved early this week. Julian is more valuable than Gronk to me on drives down the field. 

Miami is always a thorn in NE's side & San Diego is always a thorn in INDY's. The Pats are going to go 12-4 easy and make the playoffs. Book it. JMO. 

Yes, I know NE is an AFC rival but darn it I respect their toughness & winning consistency & I don't care who calls me a traitor either. Not directed at you Jules BTW. 

I will be recording this Pats vs Vikings game on my DVR because I specially want to watch how comfortable or rushed Brady is in the pocket & whether sacks of him are front 4 related or coverage related. Lastly, throw passes early to WR Kenbrell Thompkins too. I've got a good feeling about that kid being a reliable chain mover.

I do feel bad for Brady & their offense on Monday morning after the loss though because after reading that book on BB's father called "Education Of A Coach" the grey hoodie could make you feel dumb for playing so poorly. He's like a military drill sgt that way: Tear you down constructively & build you back up to never repeat the same mistakes again. I respect that Annapolis background pedigree. 

It's the quiet guys who are wicked smart who you always want to impress through diligence & never, ever royally tick off. I've had bosses like that. When they stop scolding you & leave you on your own that's the closest thing to praise or a complement you're gonna get.  ;)

I do feel bad for Brady & their offense on Monday morning after the loss though because after reading that book on BB's father called "Education Of A Coach" the grey hoodie could make you feel dumb for playing so poorly. He's like a military drill sgt that way: Tear you down constructively & build you back up to never repeat the same mistakes again. I respect that Annapolis background pedigree. 

It's the quiet guys who are wicked smart who you always want to impress through diligence & never, ever royally tick off. I've had bosses like that. When they stop scolding you & leave you on your own that's the closest thing to praise or a complement you're gonna get.  ;)

I respect it- not sure I want to be part of it tho ;)

I respect it- not sure I want to be part of it tho ;)

I read ya JJ. It would be hard to go through that NE tear down & rebuild every week for 4 months or 120 some odd days. It's 1 thing to say it outloud; it's another thing to literally live through it on a daily basis. 

Me, if I was on that roster in the starting lineup, everytime Bill slammed my play in front of the team I'd just go "Bite your tongue, sit at the foot of the master, & remember every dude in that room has been broken down by Bill. I'm in good company & his team is almost always playing in the AFC Championship Game so just shut up, listen, & do whatever the hades he tells you too whether you like it, understand it, or not." 

Plus, I wanna see that sharp private whit/dry humor I hear so much about. I'd want be 1 of the lucky few in his inner circle of trust & complete confidence like Bruschi, Brady, or Kraft. Even Jon Bon Jovi seems tight with Bill man. The quality of genius always fascinates me. SW1 is no wizard myself, but I just wanna be near brilliance in any profession just to maybe learn something directly from them. 

New England will be fine. Even if they drop 0-2, they will be fine. The AFC East is pretty weak, don't fool yourself over Miami, New England does tend to drop a divisional game every year, it happens.

The 1993 Cowboys started 0-2 and finished 12-4 and won the Super Bowl. 2007 Giants also started 0-2.

I think the Pats will win in Minnesota based on my hunch, but I'm not worried about them really. They'll get through, they always do. This is total over reaction.

They will beat the Vikings more than likely like a drum. Minny played a 3rd string qb last week. NE always has trouble in Miami

Oh by the way the last time that NE lost week one they went to the Super Bowl.

You are right total overreaction. How could you expect anything else?

I dont know whether AP is playing this week, if he is not, its a big break for NE.

I have faith in NE defense but i am losing faith with their offense. And its not on Brady. I will never count him out. Its the offensive line and the sophomore receivers who are giving me an alarm.

I dont know whether AP is playing this week, if he is not, its a big break for NE.

I have faith in NE defense but i am losing faith with their offense. And its not on Brady. I will never count him out. Its the offensive line and the sophomore receivers who are giving me an alarm.

Remember, Brady was put on the injury report list with a calf injury a few days before the Miami game.  If he has a leg problem it's effecting him in the pocket.  The 2nd half of the dolphins game was the worst I seen Brady play in a very long time.  His passes were off target and pretty bad thrown.

I can't blame the Patriots receivers and TE's anymore.  I believe this season the Pats have more offensive weapons than what the Seahawks had last season.

Remember, Brady was put on the injury report list with a calf injury a few days before the Miami game.  If he has a leg problem it's effecting him in the pocket.  The 2nd half of the dolphins game was the worst I seen Brady play in a very long time.  His passes were off target and pretty bad thrown.

I can't blame the Patriots receivers and TE's anymore.  I believe this season the Pats have more offensive weapons than what the Seahawks had last season.

Manning had some throws which were horrific as well.

Perhaps, we will see how they play this weekend.

Well, Tom Brady generally throws pretty poorly when he doesn't have 10 seconds to stand flat footed in the pocket for his receivers to break open.

Yeah, Peyton was just brilliant in the super bowl when he was under pressure.

Maybe Brady should be more mobile and throw on the run....hmmm...how about be more like RG3?  Yeah how's that worked out for the Redskins?

Vikings OC Norv Turner can generate offense & it would be interesting to see if that game went TD to TD, but like GP said if you fix Brady's pocket & give him time to shuffle his feet he will be fine. Also, get WR Edelman involved early this week. Julian is more valuable than Gronk to me on drives down the field. 

Miami is always a thorn in NE's side & San Diego is always a thorn in INDY's. The Pats are going to go 12-4 easy and make the playoffs. Book it. JMO. 

Yes, I know NE is an AFC rival but darn it I respect their toughness & winning consistency & I don't care who calls me a traitor either. Not directed at you Jules BTW. 

I will be recording this Pats vs Vikings game on my DVR because I specially want to watch how comfortable or rushed Brady is in the pocket & whether sacks of him are front 4 related or coverage related. Lastly, throw passes early to WR Kenbrell Thompkins too. I've got a good feeling about that kid being a reliable chain mover.

Brady is now 6-7 in Miami. It happens. I'm not giving up just yet. :giveup:

And the Patriots in 2001.

Not even Brady. Not even his magic. NE is hexed down there. Remember 0-18 orange bowl.

Brady has at least made it a close lost record. Have to wait till next season to tie it up ;-)

Manning had some throws which were horrific as well.

Perhaps, we will see how they play this weekend.

People just don't want to believe QB's usually start to decline very quickly at 37 or 38 years old.

Manning is like a statue with no arm now. Has a great mind and two freaks named Thomas to throw to ...so still dangerous. Put him on a team like ... say Miami and you'd be talking about why he's still playing the game. Brady at least still has enough arm strength , but guess what ... ? Those that say 'Tom Brady at 39-40 will be better than most of QB's " are going to more than likely very disappointed. I'll go on record saying one more for TB and this is it for Peyton.

Your truce flag was a cute touch FE. Miami as a football team has always been a joke ever since I was born & I have no need to shift my opinion of them now. 

Patriots demolish their division like clockwork. Buffalo & Miami should be surrendering to Foxboro not the other way around.

Rex Ryan would be a worthy foe if he had a decent QB. Smith throws picks & Vick is like a fragile piece of peanut brittle just waiting to be shattered into a million tiny pieces once hit.

Not even Brady. Not even his magic. NE is hexed down there. Remember 0-18 orange bowl.

Brady has at least made it a close lost record. Have to wait till next season to tie it up ;-)

Fins come here Dec. 14. Revenge then. Their record up here is not nearly as good as ours down there. lol.

People just don't want to believe QB's usually start to decline very quickly at 37 or 38 years old.

Manning is like a statue with no arm now. Has a great mind and two freaks named Thomas to throw to ...so still dangerous. Put him on a team like ... say Miami and you'd be talking about why he's still playing the game. Brady at least still has enough arm strength , but guess what ... ? Those that say 'Tom Brady at 39-40 will be better than most of QB's " are going to more than likely very disappointed. I'll go on record saying one more for TB and this is it for Peyton.

I am with you on this. I think Favre made us think that playing at an elite level until age 40 will be common. Fact is most QBs past age 35 that are still in the game are back-ups. Brady and Manning have already bucked the odds especially Manning with the neck surgeries. I think you got a flavor for how much they will struggle against good teams last year. Manning was average to well below average when he faced teams above .500 with the capper in the Super Bowl. And Brady also struggled when he ran into stiff competition. Had the run game not come around at week 12, not sure they secure the bye or go deep into the playoffs. It is what it is but there is a reason why Denver has Manning on a year to year contract and why the Pats drafted Jimmy this year.

Woof, Pats defense looked completely overmatched by Cassel on that first drive, they need to get something rolling here.

And then Cassel (and the rest of the Vikings) lost all of that energy after his first terrible pick. They came out trying to make a point they're not all just AP, and it worked for a drive. Unfortunately for them the reality is they are pretty much all AP and, even then, lose a lot because they're so bad an annual MVP candidate can't literally carry them to the playoffs.

And then Cassel (and the rest of the Vikings) lost all of that energy after his first terrible pick. They came out trying to make a point they're not all just AP, and it worked for a drive. Unfortunately for them the reality is they are pretty much all AP and, even then, lose a lot because they're so bad an annual MVP candidate can't literally carry them to the playoffs.

Pretty much, the Vikings are just no good.