Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex-Colts look good for SD

oldunclemark

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please give me one excuse I've made You are the king of excuses ex: ,Schaub, Bob, Johnny clipboard

Dude you make up excuses and lame barbs for everything you don't like. The examples are endless, every post you make when something even remotely good happens with someone you don't like.

Yeah living here in Texas I got to see plenty of RG as well. The guy was a straight up baller in college and I was one of the few who thought he and Andrew were legitimately battling for that number one pick spot. I have high expectations for him going forward, because last year needs to be forgotten for him. I remember Foles in college too, he knew he what he was doing, but I wasn't surprised at all that he was a back-up at first. Now that he's been given his chance, he might be able to stand out and prove that he should have gone higher than he was picked and that he can be solid in the NFL, ala Russell Wilson.

It's beginning to look like RG might not be the most coachable guy in football. It's just everywhere you read. Gruden is trying to defend him but usually where there is smoke there is fire. Could you imagine reading a story about Andrew Luck not learning or picking up the offense ? I think attitude and coachability was the reason why there was no competition for that 1.1 spot in the draft. 

http://www.hngn.com/articles/39449/20140818/washington-redskins-rumors-robert-griffin-iii-alienating-rg3-kirk-cousins-jaygruden.htm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2173678-rgiii-not-instilling-confidence-in-development-state-of-washington-offense

Please cite examples from last session. Any example at all

We can't go off of the last session because the last session was a preseason game where two quarterbacks did bad. You had nothing to say about Johnny in his first preseason game when he performed well against the Lions. I don't remember how Griffin did but I'm assuming it was well because I don't remember you being able to bag on anything or declare that the sky is falling for either franchise then. I'm sure we'll have more examples in the upcoming couple of weeks, when the regular season is going on. I'm sure you'll have some fuel after game on though, because Griffin is going to be facing our defense first.

We can't go off of the last session because the last session was a preseason game where two quarterbacks did bad. You had nothing to say about Johnny in his first preseason game when he performed well against the Lions. I don't remember how Griffin did but I'm assuming it was well because I don't remember you being able to bag on anything or declare that the sky is falling for either franchise then. I'm sure we'll have more examples in the upcoming couple of weeks, when the regular season is going on. I'm sure you'll have some fuel after game on though, because Griffin is going to be facing our defense first.

Stupid auto correct. I meant to say last season. not session

It's beginning to look like RG might not be the most coachable guy in football. It's just everywhere you read. Gruden is trying to defend him but usually where there is smoke there is fire. Could you imagine reading a story about Andrew Luck not learning or picking up the offense ? I think attitude and coachability was the reason why there was no competition for that 1.1 spot in the draft. 

http://www.hngn.com/articles/39449/20140818/washington-redskins-rumors-robert-griffin-iii-alienating-rg3-kirk-cousins-jaygruden.htm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2173678-rgiii-not-instilling-confidence-in-development-state-of-washington-offense

I don't take much stock in rumors, because two seconds on google can wield completely different takes on situations

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/teammates-see-a-maturing-robert-griffin-iii/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/08/25/deangelo-hall-comes-to-defense-of-robert-griffin-ii-brandon-meriweather/

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/numbers-dont-add-kirk-cousins-believers

I mean I know he had clear beef with the previous coaching staff and players may have been rubbed wrong by that, but I don't buy into the overreaction hype that he should be benched in favor of Cousins or his teammates belief in the matter or anything like that.Some rumors have merit, though, and who knows, maybe these do. I'm not buying them at the moment, though. Maybe if the Redskins end up 0-4 after the first four weeks or Griffin shows a clear lack of knowledge of the offense in the first few games.

I don't take much stock in rumors, because two seconds on google can wield completely different takes on situations

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/teammates-see-a-maturing-robert-griffin-iii/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/08/25/deangelo-hall-comes-to-defense-of-robert-griffin-ii-brandon-meriweather/

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/numbers-dont-add-kirk-cousins-believers

I mean I know he had clear beef with the previous coaching staff and players may have been rubbed wrong by that, but I don't buy into the overreaction hype that he should be benched in favor of Cousins or his teammates belief in the matter or anything like that.Some rumors have merit, though, and who knows, maybe these do. I'm not buying them at the moment, though. Maybe if the Redskins end up 0-4 after the first four weeks or Griffin shows a clear lack of knowledge of the offense in the first few games.

IMO , Shanahan didn't do him any favors .I thought he adapted his offense to fit RG's skill set and pretty much took a "win now" attitude. RG111would have been better served to go through the growing pains that many thought was necessary for him to become an elite NFL QB. If I had to guess on what to "buy" and what maybe is not the whole truth , I would say he's probably got a bit of an attitude problem. But I agree that he's not likely on the verge of being replaced by Cousins nor do I know if Cousins has outplayed him enough to warrant such a bold move. Pretty serious move benching a guy you paid 3 1's and a 2 to move up about 4 spots to draft him.  Plus guys that run 4-4's with great arms are pretty rare. That said , this is his 3rd year and he has 2 great WR and a dynamite TE , plus a very good running game. So if he falters , I would be very worried that maybe he's just one of those guys.....

IMO , Shanahan didn't do him any favors .I thought he adapted his offense to fit RG's skill set and pretty much took a "win now" attitude. RG111would have been better served to go through the growing pains that many thought was necessary for him to become an elite NFL QB. If I had to guess on what to "buy" and what maybe is not the whole truth , I would say he's probably got a bit of an attitude problem. But I agree that he's not likely on the verge of being replaced by Cousins nor do I know if Cousins has outplayed him enough to warrant such a bold move. Pretty serious move benching a guy you paid 3 1's and a 2 to move up about 4 spots to draft him.  Plus guys that run 4-4's with great arms are pretty rare. That said , this is his 3rd year and he has 2 great WR and a dynamite TE , plus a very good running game. So if he falters , I would be very worried that maybe he's just one of those guys.....

Yeah no doubt. I don't believe any excuses can be made for him if he falters this year. He has a coach he likes, he has the offensive weapons, he's said to resemble his old self according to coaches in practice...this is a put up or shut up year. I'm not sure Shanahan did him many favors either but I can see why he tailored the offense for the guy. It may well have hindered him in the longrun, though, and it definitely didn't do Shanahan any favors. I can't wait for the season to start, talking all this football :rock:

Chargers are gonna win the West this year.

I'm high on the Chargers too, but the Seahawks sliced them up in the Preseason. But then again who beats the hawks anyway? Nobody except the Colts last season & the Broncos this Preseason.

Only teasing even Manning said their win didn't mean much with Sherman, Lynch, & a lot of the starters for Seattle out. I gotta see Rivers vs the Hawks D & secondary in week 2 first when the games really matter. 

Yeah no doubt. I don't believe any excuses can be made for him if he falters this year. He has a coach he likes, he has the offensive weapons, he's said to resemble his old self according to coaches in practice...this is a put up or shut up year. I'm not sure Shanahan did him many favors either but I can see why he tailored the offense for the guy. It may well have hindered him in the longrun, though, and it definitely didn't do Shanahan any favors. I can't wait for the season to start, talking all this football :rock:

Not that I'm trying to knock RG but I ran across this today. I only read the RG 3 stuff as I think it's an intriguing case of a guy that might turn out to be great or might be a monster bust that will set a franchise back minimum 5 years.

Jaws....

ESPN's Ron Jaworski says Robert Griffin III's mechanics have "regressed" in the "fundamental way of throwing the football."

"His throwing slot, his footwork, his inability to remain consistent in that," Jaws said. He's the latest to pile on RG3 following an injury-hindered 2013 season and poor 2014 preseason. 

Not that I'm trying to knock RG but I ran across this today. I only read the RG 3 stuff as I think it's an intriguing case of a guy that might turn out to be great or might be a monster bust that will set a franchise back minimum 5 years.

Jaws....

ESPN's Ron Jaworski says Robert Griffin III's mechanics have "regressed" in the "fundamental way of throwing the football."

"His throwing slot, his footwork, his inability to remain consistent in that," Jaws said. He's the latest to pile on RG3 following an injury-hindered 2013 season and poor 2014 preseason. 

I read that earlier. While it's not encouraging, I don't think his mechanics have ever been at issue. Footwork, maybe, but his throwing slot is fine, even if not ideal. 

More concerning is the fact that he struggles to go through his progressions, and is incredibly uncomfortable in the pocket. I think that's the reason his footwork and arm mechanics seem sloppy at times, because he doesn't want to make his reads from side to side, and would rather look one way and then bail.

200_s.gif

I read that earlier. While it's not encouraging, I don't think his mechanics have ever been at issue. Footwork, maybe, but his throwing slot is fine, even if not ideal. 

More concerning is the fact that he struggles to go through his progressions, and is incredibly uncomfortable in the pocket. I think that's the reason his footwork and arm mechanics seem sloppy at times, because he doesn't want to make his reads from side to side, and would rather look one way and then bail.

200_s.gif

I remember Nolan Nawrocki who was PWF's author of their draft review (similar to Kiper) saying some pretty negative things about him. One he called "seeing ghosts in the pocket" which is just what you have. Meaning he felt pressure that really wasn't there and bailed out. He also didn't like his attitude a whole lot and felt he was not ready for the pro game. On the other hand , he thought he had great running ability and arm talent.

I remember Nolan Nawrocki who was PWF's author of their draft review (similar to Kiper) saying some pretty negative things about him. One he called "seeing ghosts in the pocket" which is just what you have. Meaning he felt pressure that really wasn't there and bailed out. He also didn't like his attitude a whole lot and felt he was not ready for the pro game. On the other hand , he thought he had great running ability and arm talent.

That's pretty much it. I don't know about his attitude; I always thought that was a little overblown, but he does have some sass to him that obviously rubs some people the wrong way.

As for him in the pocket, yeah, he's not comfortable, and has never been a progression-based passer. He was a one or two-read passer in college and in 2012, and those reads were almost always on one side of the field. If those reads weren't there, it was time to go. Very few dumpoffs or checkdowns, unless designed, and always on the same side of the field as the initial read.

He's talented, but has a lot of work to do.

That's pretty much it. I don't know about his attitude; I always thought that was a little overblown, but he does have some sass to him that obviously rubs some people the wrong way.

As for him in the pocket, yeah, he's not comfortable, and has never been a progression-based passer. He was a one or two-read passer in college and in 2012, and those reads were almost always on one side of the field. If those reads weren't there, it was time to go. Very few dumpoffs or checkdowns, unless designed, and always on the same side of the field as the initial read.

He's talented, but has a lot of work to do.

If he bombs , which is possible , Washington will go down , along with Minn. in the H Walker trade , as maybe making the worst draft day trade ever. They gave up the 6th spot of the 2012 draft along with that years high #2 pick , plus their 1st rounders in 2013 and 2014 to move up a mere 4 spots to #2 in that 2012 draft.  San Diego's was pretty bad also as they only moved up one spot. It should be noted that Eric Metcalf was 29 years old at the time of this trade and did absolutely nothing going forward. Scored 1 TD for the rest on his NFL career. Very few yards from Scrimmage and low averages on punt and KO returns.

The San Diego Chargers needed a new quarterback after having scored the fewest touchdowns in the league in the previous season. To obtain the second draft pick, the team traded its third overall pick, a future first round pick, a second round pick, and three-time Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf to theArizona Cardinals, guaranteeing the Chargers the right to draft whichever of the two quarterbacks Indianapolis did not take first.

If he bombs , which is possible , Washington will go down , along with Minn. in the H Walker trade , as maybe making the worst draft day trade ever. They gave up the 6th spot of the 2012 draft along with that years high #2 pick , plus their 1st rounders in 2013 and 2014 to move up a mere 4 spots to #2 in that 2012 draft.  San Diego's was pretty bad also as they only moved up one spot. It should be noted that Eric Metcalf was 29 years old at the time of this trade and did absolutely nothing going forward. Scored 1 TD for the rest on his NFL career. Very few yards from Scrimmage and low averages on punt and KO returns.

The San Diego Chargers needed a new quarterback after having scored the fewest touchdowns in the league in the previous season. To obtain the second draft pick, the team traded its third overall pick, a future first round pick, a second round pick, and three-time Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf to theArizona Cardinals, guaranteeing the Chargers the right to draft whichever of the two quarterbacks Indianapolis did not take first.

I think the fact that he did so well as a rookie might soften the blow, should he fail to perform moving forward. A lot of people laid the blame at Shanahan's feet, also, so with the coaching change, there will be a little bit of grace for him. The "B" word won't come out unless he's absolutely terrible this season.

I think the fact that he did so well as a rookie might soften the blow, should he fail to perform moving forward. A lot of people laid the blame at Shanahan's feet, also, so with the coaching change, there will be a little bit of grace for him. The "B" word won't come out unless he's absolutely terrible this season.

Agree with some of that but I don't like all that stuff I'm reading about teammates starting to resent him. Usually there's some truth and that kind of reporting is normally just not fabricated. So , IMO , if he plays anything less than at least acceptable or "pretty good" and he alienates his team , he and the Redskins blow sky high. I know what I have here is really pure speculation but it does appear to be a potentially very volatile situation.

Agree with some of that but I don't like all that stuff I'm reading about teammates starting to resent him. Usually there's some truth and that kind of reporting is normally just not fabricated. So , IMO , if he plays anything less than at least acceptable or "pretty good" and he alienates his team , he and the Redskins blow sky high. I know what I have here is really pure speculation but it does appear to be a potentially very volatile situation.

It very well might be. I don't follow it too closely, because it started to resemble a soap opera toward the end of 2012, and I'm bored with that kind of stuff. But like you say, when you start getting similar reports, spaced apart, you start to wonder how serious the situation really is. And I have to think that there's at least a couple guys in the locker room that are close to Cousins, and could potentially sow discord if Griffin stumbles.

Overall, I hope the dude does well. I have nothing against him. But he has to perform.