Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edgerrin James gives advice to Trent Richardson

TKnight24

So how did Trent Look in the game this week? I didn't see it. 

He definitely looked more decisive and comfortable in the backfield.  But one, it's pre-season and two, it was such a limited sample size that nothing can really be made.  We'll see come September.  Still optimistic, but unconvinced.

He definitely looked more decisive and comfortable in the backfield.  But one, it's pre-season and two, it was such a limited sample size that nothing can really be made.  We'll see come September.  Still optimistic, but unconvinced.

Stats looks bad, but I didn't see it, that's why I asked. He had 13 yards on 5 carries and his long was 8 yards. So that's an 8 yard run and four 1.25 yard runs. 

Stats looks bad, but I didn't see it, that's why I asked. He had 13 yards on 5 carries and his long was 8 yards. So that's an 8 yard run and four 1.25 yard runs. 

Well he took I think 2 losses after Khaled Holmes went out and we had an undrafted rookie at center, which undoubtedly played into that.  Before Holmes went out, I think he was okay.   Like I said, it's the preseason.  Can't read too much into it.

I wonder if Irsay offered Edge a suitcase of money to come talk to T-Rich. 

I'm happy that Edge is doing it regardless, I just wonder who set this whole thing up.

What's the difference? Edgerrin was as smart a player as the Colts have ever had and his wisdom can only help this young team. Mr. Irsay loved Edgerrin and has probably given him an open invitation to come around and talk to the players. Both Irsay and Edgerrin are strong family men and bleed Colt's blue and white. You think Edge had to ask his kids twice about the chance to meet Andrew Luck? Most everything great about the Colts goes back to the brilliance of #18, #88 AND #32. Open door policy for all of them. IMO

Since Jim Brown was mentoring him before in Cleveland, now Edge in Indy, I'm just curious how a guy goes about having legends stop over all the time.

I doubt that Jim Brown ever mentored Richardson while in Cleveland, considering the negative comments Brown made about him right after the draft.

Its always great to see Edge here, reguardless of the reason. I am curious if it's something to do with dealing with learning how to be a pro, while still focusing on the task at hand. Richardson hasn't looked like he does in most game films that I have scoured up yet -- but surely he'll show up soon. The improvements in the blocking should help as well. With the 3 backs that we have at the moment, we should be fine.

Can't hurt but I think Jeff Saturday mentoring the o-line, especially the middle of it, will do more to help Trent's performance.

I believe it's time that people try to be a bit more objective regarding Richardson. That means admitting he has displayed serious shortcomings and has much to learn, as well as so far being hampered by porous blocking attempts. 

I want to see much more of an effort get him involved by way of receiving, but I feel his issues with running will work themselves out.