Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian: Manning Fine With Colts Drafting Qb In First Round.

KyFan18

Manning is smart and knows the Colts need to prepare and move on without him. He knows he only has another 2-3 years within him. And with that, he may even want to be traded after next season to a contender if we go 7-9 or such.

haha...no! i dont see Peyton in a nother uniform besides the Colts. All 31 other teams would be drooling over Peyton Manning. Okay, maybe every team except for Patriots and Packers.

I remember during the draft process, Polian let out some things saying we could have targeted a QB in the 1st round. Either his QB was taken, or it was a smokescreen.

I'm not sure, but I could see this being similar. Now that teams don't have to hang there salary cap around the #1 pick anymore, teams obviously will consider trading up more then ever. Is he trying to hint Luck is our guy, and who ever wants him has to not only compensate us for the 1st pick, but compensate us for him being the guy we want?

Idk just and idea.

Polian was talking about Andy Dalton.

smitty...we were in Super Bowl contention last year

with this very same team...plus Peyton Manning...

You remember... :unsure:

I agree with that statement. Colts have terrible record because the QB is terrible. Bad QB play effects everything but special teams. Quick 3 in outs affect the defense with bad field position and wears them out.

Colts would not have a decade of winning if it was a bad team with a great QB.

This is still a good team with the worst QB in the league

I don't know is you have seen product on the field, but Manning and one draft will not be able to put this team in SB contention. In my honest opinion, one good draft and getting Manning back will put us back in playoff contention, but SB contention. Too many complete teams out there for us to compete with.

Ive seen the product on the field. As good a QB as PM is, he has not been able to win many super bowls, playoff games and he has been blamed for it. Patriots lose TB and they didnt fall down the tube, they were able to be really respectfull. Thats because they had a balanced team where the QB is not the essential piece. Im not saying that to lose the head of your team wont hurt, it does and you are not going to be as good but you dont start losing every game that you play if you have a good team. Apparently we dont and BP has told us that we do. I dont think so and i agree with you that no matter who is the QB including Manning in the near future that we will probably not be there because of a weak team. But its has always been a weak team because of weak defenses, but we've had PM to take care of us fans. BP certainly has not. Last note, if PM comes back healthy next yr, then I feel sorry for Luck because he will not get to play, no matter how good he is in college, he will be just like sorgi and painter. I wonder how many fans think that he can be the starter if PM is healthy. LOL No wonder that PM is not worried who that pick. Period.

Ive seen the product on the field. As good a QB as PM is, he has not been able to win many super bowls, playoff games and he has been blamed for it. Patriots lose TB and they didnt fall down the tube, they were able to be really respectfull. Thats because they had a balanced team where the QB is not the essential piece. Im not saying that to lose the head of your team wont hurt, it does and you are not going to be as good but you dont start losing every game that you play if you have a good team. Apparently we dont and BP has told us that we do. I dont think so and i agree with you that no matter who is the QB including Manning in the near future that we will probably not be there because of a weak team. But its has always been a weak team because of weak defenses, but we've had PM to take care of us fans. BP certainly has not. Last note, if PM comes back healthy next yr, then I feel sorry for Luck because he will not get to play, no matter how good he is in college, he will be just like sorgi and painter. I wonder how many fans think that he can be the starter if PM is healthy. LOL No wonder that PM is not worried who that pick. Period.

I agree, all Peyton needed was a near complete team and he could get us deep into the playoffs. This team and next year's team will not be able to get us far with Peyton. Maybe 2013 or 2014, but then we will be asking ourselves how much does Peyton has left in him.

I agree with that statement. Colts have terrible record because the QB is terrible. Bad QB play effects everything but special teams. Quick 3 in outs affect the defense with bad field position and wears them out.

Colts would not have a decade of winning if it was a bad team with a great QB.

This is still a good team with the worst QB in the league

Agreed.

Thats what a forum is for, is to post there opinions and news if you dont care about these then dont comment. Why dont you just get leave

So, let me get this straight.

You want jskinnz to leave the forum because he voiced his opinion of the topic, and a forum is for voicing opinions. What?

Is the forum for voicing an opinion, but not an opinion of someone else's opinion?

If it's not an opinion then we all agree, and don't need to discuss it.

Everyone's got one, and they all stink. Just to varying degrees based on your point of view.

all you guys talk about is Luck did any of you see the Stanford Oregon game? why no talk of Barkley Griffin III or Jones? go watch some tape people jesus

He did fine in that game for the hundreth time.He has no defense,no recievers,and the line was terrible that game.In other words.the PM of college football.Griffin and Jones no thanks but Barkley might be a contender for the 1 slot by the time april rolls around.

He did fine in that game for the hundreth time.He has no defense,no recievers,and the line was terrible that game.In other words.the PM of college football.Griffin and Jones no thanks but Barkley might be a contender for the 1 slot by the time april rolls around.

I'll take Griffin and the other draft picks that can be had for trading the overall #1.

Who would rather see the team fail? Get off yer high horse, you are talking nonesense. You just make something up, throw it out there......

You look to be whining, actually....

Um no. If you actually have half a brain which you apparently don't since your talking like the ignorant "yer" ye haw fanbase we have here you'd understand that most "fans" of this team only stick around when they win and subsequentially talk crap about this team when they lose even a single game. Listen to some of the local radio shows after one of the horrendous losses we've had this year and you'll understand. Don't come in here with that stuff.

I would rather have Griffin behind Peyton for a few years than Luck. Griffin has world class track speed as a qb and he can throw decent enough right now imagine with Peyton helping him out.

haha...no! i dont see Peyton in a nother uniform besides the Colts. All 31 other teams would be drooling over Peyton Manning. Okay, maybe every team except for Patriots and Packers.

There are a lot more than two teams that would pass on Peyton imo.

Saints, Steelers, Chargers, Texans, etc. Im not saying those guys are better QBs they just wouldnt pay what Manning makes to get him.

• 2 weeks later...

Polain has been less than truthful before.

Manning can easily understand the potential need.

Time will tell if Manning is able to return at or near his previous level. If he does, then you seriously have to look into packaging that draft pick into more picks, to get immediate help.

Of course anything should be preceded by the firing of the whole staff.

ESP anyone?

I would rather have Griffin behind Peyton for a few years than Luck. Griffin has world class track speed as a qb and he can throw decent enough right now imagine with Peyton helping him out.

I get so sick of this arguement. Manning didn't turn Sorgi into a great QB, he didn't turn Painter into even a half way decent QB, what makes people think he'll turn any other average rookie QB coming out of the draft into a a great QB. It takes a lot more than physical talent to be a good NFL QB. If all it took was having a good arm and being a good runner to become a great NFL QB, then Vick and V. Young would be HOFers. I'll take a cerebral QB over a physically gifted QB every day of the week and 3 times on sunday.

Do you really want a qb with a run first mentality?

I think its much better to get a true, pass first QB who can run if needed. Do you really want a QB who has obvious holes in his game rather than a guy that has no holes?

I get so sick of this arguement. Manning didn't turn Sorgi into a great QB, he didn't turn Painter into even a half way decent QB, what makes people think he'll turn any other average rookie QB coming out of the draft into a a great QB. It takes a lot more than physical talent to be a good NFL QB. If all it took was having a good arm and being a good runner to become a great NFL QB, then Vick and V. Young would be HOFers. I'll take a cerebral QB over a physically gifted QB every day of the week and 3 times on sunday.

True. Ask Rodgers how much help he got from Favre.

Do you really want a qb with a run first mentality?

I think its much better to get a true, pass first QB who can run if needed. Do you really want a QB who has obvious holes in his game rather than a guy that has no holes?

RG III has a throw-first mentalty with great accuracy, but can run when the protection breaks down or he has a clear path to the first down marker. He can pass and pass well. Luck is not going to be on the Colts bench for two years unless he is not living up to expectations (i.e., not ready for primetime). If he is on the Colts' bench in year 2, he will be playing behind a Curtis Painter-quality QB, not PM.