Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

0-10 Will Turn Into 0-16 What Should We Do?

antipatriot

I thought we had a chance to beat the Jags I really did, however we got outcoached and outplayed once again. It ended up not even close and goes to show that Caldwell has lost this team which in my opinion started to happen during our last super bowl run when we rested the starters I think the vets took that very hard and I think mentally it cost this team that superbowl. However back to the present, the only way we win a game this year with our schedule is if a team lays down for us and that is not likely to happen especially with the division games. I still like many of you continue to watch our games beginning to end as hard as it is to watch I am a Colts fan for better or worse. So I have a couple of thoughts which for the most part are pretty obvious but I would like your opinions and additiions or subtractions to these:

Cut or let these guys walk at years end:

Brackett - Angerer is a better player and is younger we can find a backup for Angerer who would cost less

Wayne - I hate to say this but he wont be worth the money he will want to stay

Gonzo - easy to replace someone who doesnt play and cant stay on the field

Addai - This one I am unsure of as I like the way he plays but we are looking good without him also

This would help salary wise so we could put some more money into another top reciever and possibly a corner

Draft Luck and let him sit for a couple of years. I know this is hard to do in this day and age and he would not like it however it would secure us at the most important position in the game for years to come. Or trade down to draft Jones who will still be a high pick but a little cheaper.

Fire the coaching staff Caldwell on down we have been outcoached at every turn this year.

Take a run at Gruden he may have an out in his ESPN contract, if not maybe Mike Zimmer, Jeff Fisher, Brian Billick or Andy Reid if he is let go which is a good possibility.

Gruden? lmao you can't be serious! What did he do other than ride on Dungys coat tails to a super bowl win? He sucked before that and continued to suck after that season. I say no to the rest of your list also. Especially Reid. He's horrible. We need a defensive coach. Preferably one that hasn't had a head coaching job yet that can bring some emotion to our sideline like a Rob Ryan or Baltimores defensive coordinator who always has a top defense. Can't think of his name at the moment. I don't want a coach that's been fired. Good coaches don't get fired so why bring one here? Try an find the next Hood!!

Gruden? lmao you can't be serious! What did he do other than ride on Dungys coat tails to a super bowl win? He sucked before that and continued to suck after that season. I say no to the rest of your list also. Especially Reid. He's horrible. We need a defensive coach. Preferably one that hasn't had a head coaching job yet that can bring some emotion to our sideline like a Rob Ryan or Baltimores defensive coordinator who always has a top defense. Can't think of his name at the moment. I don't want a coach that's been fired. Good coaches don't get fired so why bring one here? Try an find the next Hood!!

You do remember that Dungy was fired by TB before coming to Indy right?

Why get rid of Manning's favourite target and most reliable player. He's still got it, and he is having a pretty good year without PM. Reggie is needed for Manning to really do well. He can still perform at a high level without Wayne, but he wants him and he's the security blanket/go to guy when Manning is in trouble.

Brackett shouldn't go either. He's still under contract, so there's no need to release him. The Colts should move Pat to MLB, and then move Brackett to WILL. WILL linebacker is a small quick player who has great coverage skills. Nobody on the team fits that role better than Gary. Our linebacking core should look like

Brackett - WILL

Angerer - MIKE

Conner - SAM

We would also have Wheeler and Moten as good backups. Once his contract is up in 3 or 4 years, we could let him go then, but not now.

Addai may be injured, but when healthy he's very good. Although I understand ppl's plea to get rid of him, the Colts are very patient with players like Joe, so I think next year is his make or break year. A big year and he stays, an injury prone one and he's out. Keep in mind, that Joe not only brings a rushing perspective, but he's also one of the best blocking RBs in the NFL, and is a good receiving running back. He's a complete back, something that is hard to find these days.

Gonzo is a good player, but he's useless. I think if the Colts don't draft a WR in this year's draft, they're going to be forced to resign him, but as a backup/depth, because if one guy goes down, we would be very thin at WR. It's a no question situation if no WR is drafted this year.

---

I agree with what you said about Luck. We're going to have our own Aaron Rodgers project! :)

---

I think that we should target a more defensive head coach. Would definitely not want Reid, he can't do anything, even with arguably the most skilld team in the NFL. Zimmer would be great. Jon Gruden is my favourite coach of all time, but I don't think he would be a good fit here. He brings an offensive background, and the reason his D was sooo good back in the day was because it was full of star players like Sapp, Lynch, Brooks, Barber, Rice. He didn't have the greatest D in Oakland. Brian Billick is useless, don't want him. Fisher would be a good fit, but I would rather have Zimmer. Look at the Bengals D this year.

Addai may be injured, but when healthy he's very good. Although I understand ppl's plea to get rid of him, the Colts are very patient with players like Joe, so I think next year is his make or break year. A big year and he stays, an injury prone one and he's out. Keep in mind, that Joe not only brings a rushing perspective, but he's also one of the best blocking RBs in the NFL, and is a good receiving running back. He's a complete back, something that is hard to find these days.

I agree we need joe with or without Peyton. With that said he is not a guy who can carry the load. Need to start using him as a third down back on give him 10 to 12 carrys on a handfull of series every game.....

I agree we need joe with or without Peyton. With that said he is not a guy who can carry the load. Need to start using him as a third down back on give him 10 to 12 carrys on a handfull of series every game.....

4 season tickets for sale for next season.

4 season tickets for sale for next season.

I just don't get this, I understand you are frustrated by this season, but I just don't get it when fans jump ship when the team doesn't have a good season. I am sure the Colts won't have any trouble selling those...

I just don't get this, I understand you are frustrated by this season, but I just don't get it when fans jump ship when the team doesn't have a good season. I am sure the Colts won't have any trouble selling those...

Would you pay over $3,000 for your season tickets next year if nothing changes come the end of this season? If Caldwell/Coyer are still in place?

Would you pay over $3,000 for your season tickets next year if nothing changes come the end of this season? If Caldwell/Coyer are still in place?

Yep, they were in place last year and we won the division and were in place the previous season and we went to the SB, so no I would not "dump" my ST off of 1 bad season. We think we have it bad here, look at Philly, they have no major injury issues went out and spent money for some big FA players have what many consider a very good HC and yet are just 3-6...

0-16 is prob gonna happen. Painter seems to be regressing he cant make simple throws, lack of conversions on any down, that does our defense no favors at all, they keep us in some games but the lack of ofensive production cripples us. Its truly sad our offense looks this bad. I hope this coaching staff and managemeent learned a valuable lesson. Always have a viable backup and give him reps in practice. IMO its not even the defense at this point our offense is the worst in the league.

Yep, they were in place last year and we won the division and were in place the previous season and we went to the SB, so no I would not "dump" my ST off of 1 bad season. We think we have it bad here, look at Philly, they have no major injury issues went out and spent money for some big FA players have what many consider a very good HC and yet are just 3-6...

Wow! who could have seen this post coming.Stevie Wonder and all other legally blind people, thats who. The ONLY thing as predictable as these tired retorts. Is JC standing on the sideline without a clue as to what to do.

I think you can also put part of the blame on Peyton. How many games has he been in when the Colts had a huge lead and yet he remained in. Yes the coaches also deserve blame for not pulling Manning, but at some point Peyton should have seen the need to get his backup some in game action when the games were out of hand.

Wow! who could have seen this post coming.Stevie Wonder and all other legally blind people, thats who. The ONLY thing as predictable as these tired retorts. Is JC standing on the sideline without a clue as to what to do.

Doesn't make them untrue no matter how hard you try to make them.

I think you can also put part of the blame on Peyton. How many games has he been in when the Colts had a huge lead and yet he remained in. Yes the coaches also deserve blame for not pulling Manning, but at some point Peyton should have seen the need to get his backup some in game action when the games were out of hand.

MOD, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOD, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please what? You don't agree and you complain? How many games did Peyton play in that were blowouts that he could have come out of the game and gotten the backup some playing time. Why is Peyton untouchable to you?

Please what? You don't agree and you complain? How many games did Peyton play in that were blowouts that he could have come out of the game and gotten the backup some playing time. Why is Peyton untouchable to you?

If we had a coach with backbone Manning would not have to make those decisions. The things you hold Manning responsible are so stupid you are saying them for effect.Nobody is that ignorant. Show a player who wants to ever come out of a game and same player should be shown the door.

You really think that putting Painter in some of the blow outs we had the last of couple years would of changed anything???? He has had three full pre seasons. Also got plenty of time at the end of the 2009 season ( i know we all remember that). It's not Peytons job to get his back up in game action... And not to sure what painter would of learned handing the ball off, for a drive or two???????????

You really think that putting Painter in some of the blow outs we had the last of couple years would of changed anything???? He has had three full pre seasons. Also got plenty of time at the end of the 2009 season ( i know we all remember that). It's not Peytons job to get his back up in game action... And not to sure what painter would of learned handing the ball off, for a drive or two???????????

I believe there is a huge difference in playing in pre season games with the B squad vs other team B squads then in actual real games with the A squad. Would it have made a difference? Who knows but it should have happen and both the Coaches and Peyton can share the blame it didn't happen.

If we had a coach with backbone Manning would not have to make those decisions. The things you hold Manning responsible are so stupid you are saying them for effect.Nobody is that ignorant. Show a player who wants to ever come out of a game and same player should be shown the door.

I thought Peyton was a team leader? Wouldn't a good leader look at the score, know the game is over and say...hey lets get the kid some playing time?

I thought Peyton was a team leader? Wouldn't a good leader look at the score, know the game is over and say...hey lets get the kid some playing time?

I wouldn't have mattered. Painter would've came in, struggled, then continue to be the back up.

Dont do it..Mr Big... :ttth:

You'll wish you still had 'em...

You'll miss the 'Manning Revenge Tour'

or the 'Year of Bad Luck'

was there at 0-10 then 1-10

was there at 0-13, then 3-13

was there at 1-15.

But at least there were glimpses of playing football. Not good football, but football.

There is not even a glimps now. We have high school coaches in this state that can call a better game than this staff....

When my bill gets here in February, and this staff is intact, 4 season tickets for sale.

Me and my sweetie for 50 years will head to our place in florida, buy Bucs season tickets, tailgate in the sunshine, and have a blast with the rest of the bluehairs....

At our age we prolly won't get to see 285 more games, like we have here, but we will have some fun....