Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In the Unique position to Win as we Improve our Roster

throwing BBZ

So......?

We were home to some.    Caught another, SF at the right time?

Would you like to play them 10 times and guess how many we'd win?

Beating a team once doesn't mean we're better than they are, nor does it mean we have a better roster.

And you know it.

There is never a "right time" to play the Niners.  :)

The schedule falls where it falls, and we destroyed the Niners.  I think we could at least go 5-5 against them.  Pagano coached teams have not lost back to back games.  Just my 25 cents...if that makes any sense. :)

I have a sneaking suspicion that Montori Hughes will become a big factor for our defense this coming season.

And he will not be 'sneaky' about it!!  A 350 pound athlete coming at you like a freight train....

With our rotations, we need him to produce now  :thmup:

Hopefully our front seven makes our secondary look good. We still have a big problem at CB (Toler) and possibly safety (depending on Howell's health). Vontae is the only one that I trust. 

At least our front seven should be able to shut down the run...at least on paper we definitely got better. 

Hopefully our front seven makes our secondary look good. We still have a big problem at CB (Toler) and possibly safety (depending on Howell's health). Vontae is the only one that I trust. 

At least our front seven should be able to shut down the run...at least on paper we definitely got better. 

Don't forget Butler. :)

We can depend on him too.

Hoping Price has come along as Grigson has mentioned too.

If Pagano can make Price an average corner in the league then I will be absolutely impressed. 

Price looks like a guy with two left feet to me. He is the most clumsy Colts corner I have ever seen (30+ years). I was completely shocked when he made the first cut last year. 

His height is intriguing, and the coaches must believe they can fix him, or he would not have lasted this long. Maybe they can find a doctor who can surgically transplant a right foot. :)

If Pagano can make Price an average corner in the league then I will be absolutely impressed. 

Price looks like a guy with two left feet to me. He is the most clumsy Colts corner I have ever seen (30+ years). I was completely shocked when he made the first cut last year. 

His height is intriguing, and the coaches must believe they can fix him, or he would not have lasted this long. Maybe they can find a doctor who can surgically transplant a right foot. :)

I totally agree.  He was LOST in the preseason last year.  I too was surprised.

I am only going on what Grigson has stated.  We have not seen him since Blueshoe.

I totally agree.  He was LOST in the preseason last year.  I too was surprised.

I am only going on what Grigson has stated.  We have not seen him since Blueshoe.

I agree. If we can have a corner produce for us with his size then I am all in.

If Pagano can coach Price up then I will be amazed with his abilities as a coach. That said, we all know that Pagano is not the position coach, but I am sure he plays a huge part in the secondary, since it is his main expertise.

There is never a "right time" to play the Niners.   :)

The schedule falls where it falls, and we destroyed the Niners.  I think we could at least go 5-5 against them.  Pagano coached teams have not lost back to back games.  Just my 25 cents...if that makes any sense. :)

The point was, the 9ers were a disaster when we met them.    A complete disaster.

Kaepernick was in a career worst funk.     And Aldon Smith should've been suspended and wasn't.     The Colts were sky high.  We just made the TRich trade, and the entire team played with more energy than I can recall in some time.

Your own post says we could go 5-5 against them, and I'd be fine with that. 

My objection is with posters who say we beat them, so we're better than they are.   (I appreciate you're not one of those posters)

Things are never that simple.

The point was, the 9ers were a disaster when we met them.    A complete disaster.

Kaepernick was in a career worst funk.     And Aldon Smith should've been suspended and wasn't.     The Colts were sky high.  We just made the TRich trade, and the entire team played with more energy than I can recall in some time.

Your own post says we could go 5-5 against them, and I'd be fine with that. 

My objection is with posters who say we beat them, so we're better than they are.   (I appreciate you're not one of those posters)

Things are never that simple.

I am with you NCF...just had to put my spin on it.  :thmup: