Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Dc Replacements:

Bleedin Blue

I was pleasantly surprised by how Coyer coached in 2009 and 2010 wasn't terrible, but we seem to be regressing badly. I'm sure a lot of this has to do with personnel and I'll grant you that Coyer may deserve another year with some good draft picks on his side before we make the final call, but I was scanning the league and I'm thinking it might be nice to see what some new blood can do. Here are some possible choices:

Roy Anderson - Baltimore Ravens (Defensive Assistant - secondary)

Roy Anderson, who has been with the Ravens since 2005 when he started as a member of the personnel department, officially joined the coaching staff in April 2009 as defensive assistant. In 2010, Anderson added secondary to his title. He assists secondary coach Teyrl Austin in the defensive backfield, while also being responsible for quality control duties, including self-scouting, analyzing game film and breaking down opponent tendencies. Anderson's experience with some of the top collegiate football programs in the country helped make him a valuable addition to the Ravens' staff.

Tony Oden - New Orleans Saints (Defensive Assistant - secondary)

Entering his sixth season with the Saints, Tony Oden takes over as secondary coach after assisting with the defensive backs for the past five campaigns.

Oden helped oversee a revamping of the secondary over the past two seasons that has paid dividends. Since 2009, the Saints have allowed the fewest touchdown passes (28) in the NFL, have the most interception return yards (848), the highest average yardage per return (24.2) and are tied for the most interception returns for touchdowns (7).

Bill Johnson - New Orleans Saints (Defensive Assistant - Defenseive line)

Entering his third year on the Saints coaching staff, Bill Johnson possesses a long history of developing the skills of top-notch defensive linemen throughout his coaching career. Entering his 31st year in the profession and 11th NFL season, the Louisiana native came to New Orleans after a two-year stint in Denver.

Who would you look at around the league as possible DC's in the future?

Mike Zimmer could be another DC option

Why would Zimmer leave a defense that he has helped build up into a top tier defense to come to the crap we have here? Very few guys will make a lateral move to another DC job. If Zimmer is going to leave I imagine that it will only be for a head coaching spot.

We either will find an unemployed DC to come here like we did with Coyer, ex head coach returning to DC, or a position coach getting a promotion to DC.

Yeah, I wonder how all the players on our squad this year would feel about the idea that the only way they have been winning games in the last decade was because of Manning... Oh wait... did you just say that we have lost every single game since Manning went out? And that we could very likely win 0 games with him out....

Oh... that's odd. Yeah, I think it might have had something to do with Manning and Kelly.

Yeah, I wonder how all the players on our squad this year would feel about the idea that the only way they have been winning games in the last decade was because of Manning... Oh wait... did you just say that we have lost every single game since Manning went out? And that we could very likely win 0 games with him out....

Oh... that's odd. Yeah, I think it might have had something to do with Manning and Kelly.

If you actually believe we are 0-9 this season just because Manning is out, then okay that is your right, but I don't, I think there are other players missing, I do question some of the draft choices and we do have some coaching issues.

I absolutely believe Manning is the reason for this record. This team has more talent than it has in the past couple of years. Those years we won 10+ games. This coaching staff truly does need some huge makeovers. I thin it is time to get an agressive D coordinator. OR get a head coach with that kind of background. I would like to consider someone from the Ravens, if not, get a former head coach with D experience (Fisher, Del Rio). Alot of former head coaches tend to succeed in that kind of role