Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walterfootball Draft Stock

I've heard about that jump by Phillip Gaines, but most seem to still think he's going towards the end of the 4th, at the earliest.  I've also heard of a similar jump by John Urschel, OG, Penn St.  I'm wondering if we'd go there if some of the more obvious OG candidates are gone at #90 (Dozier, Cyril Richardson, Billy Turner, etc.)

Don't leave at that...what are you a fan of? Who do you think get's it right.

Oh.   Sorry.    I thought I had made that clear in many, many other posts.

I think between ESPN.com and NFL.com is where I find the most accuracy -- by far.

Not that they're always right.   But more right than wrong.    More accurate than not.

Other websites much less.......

I think CBS Sports is much improved this year.

But last year,  CBS Sports had Ryan Nassib, the QB from Syracuse as the #1 player in the draft in December of 2012.  Right after the regular season and just before the Bowl season.    NOT the top QB.    The top player overall.    I mean, come on.....

I was skeptical of them BEFORE that...    but when they they came up with that,  I thought they lost all credibility.    Nassib went in the 4th round to the NY Giants.     

Most of these websites are just guys who don't fully understand scouting,  and if they do understand scouting, they don't understand how to grade and if they know how to grade,  how to sort through all the players and stack a board.   They're just lost.

That's my view, and I've come to that from reading various websites, magazines and newspapers for roughly 45 years..........

One that I used to like a lot, that I think is pretty bad this year is Draft-Tek.  They've got a great draft simulation tool, but their Draft board is way off on a lot of players...

I actually hate their draft simulation tool.  They way they structure it, it's to draft based on biggest need and reach for players to fit that need.  As opposed to drafting BPA to fit a need (not necessarily the biggest, but one of the bigger needs) and waiting for say the next round to draft a player that's closer to his ranking to fit the biggest need.  Before the newest set of mock drafts, they'd have us reaching for someone they ranked like 99 (I wanna say it was SJB) in the second round, when there were other players (i.e. Kyle Van Noy) who were ranked higher, but fit a need that was graded one step below CB.

I actually hate their draft simulation tool.  They way they structure it, it's to draft based on biggest need and reach for players to fit that need.  As opposed to drafting BPA to fit a need (not necessarily the biggest, but one of the bigger needs) and waiting for say the next round to draft a player that's closer to his ranking to fit the biggest need.  Before the newest set of mock drafts, they'd have us reaching for someone they ranked like 99 (I wanna say it was SJB) in the second round, when there were other players (i.e. Kyle Van Noy) who were ranked higher, but fit a need that was graded one step below CB.

True, but you can play with the draft needs for the Colts to keep it from reaching as much.  You can rank all the positions closer together and not rank anything as a #1 priority, and it's much more likely to not reach for something.  But I agree that it's pretty useless this year, because their draft board is so terrible. 

True, but you can play with the draft needs for the Colts to keep it from reaching as much.  You can rank all the positions closer together and not rank anything as a #1 priority, and it's much more likely to not reach for something.  But I agree that it's pretty useless this year, because their draft board is so terrible. 

Yeah, their draft board I feel is way off on a lot of people.  Perhaps they just want to go against the grain to gain the attention.  I imagine they'll be right on a couple, though.  I mean, once you get through the second or round, its' really anyone's game at that point.