Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remember These Guys?

GoGoColts

I don't care what anyone says.

This team has never looked the same since that shameful December afternoon against the Jets.

They lost something more than a shot at football immortality that day.

Really...looked fine in teh playoffs, got beat by a better team in the SB and pulled off 10 wins last season with a depleated roster....I think you are way overvaluing that 1 game.

This team has never looked the same since that shameful December afternoon against the Jets.

i have been critical of the front office, but couldn't care less about an undefeated season. nobody even considers the 72 dolphins the best team of that decade...that would be pitt.

Since when is "football immortality" granted based on winning an exhibition game?

That entire storyline was an utterly trivial side show that the media tried to use to keep the fans entertained while waiting for the playoffs to start. It meant absolutely nothing, and has had absolutely no effect on anything going forward other than to BPs blood pressure and to those fans that are fixated on it.

I am SO SICK of this faction of fans that think the Colts were somehow "cursed" b/c of that day...Yeah, they didn't look the same, stomping the Jets and Ravens en route to the Super Bowl.

NEWS FLASH: THEY LOST the Super Bowl!! I've said it before, leave 18-1 to the Pats and them alone. Going for 16-0 doesn't magically make them play better against the Saints...In fact that snow game in Buffalo could have cost us a marquee player (see Wes Welker tearing his ACL in week 17 that season b/c the great Belichick wanted his starters out there).

There are no "football gods," folks...stop obsessing over it.

With Manning we're easily 8-1, maybe 7-2 at worst this season. We all know that. It's always been about #18, the entire team was built around him. That's why they went 10-6 (and a few close losses from being 13-3) last year fielding 5th stringers at a lot of key positions, and why this season we're 0-9 and terrible despite most KEY guys being healthy until recently. Thus the fatal flaw in the organization's philosophy of building everything around #18, and the reason we'll probably see some big changes in 2012.

In 2009, that D saved our butts in several close games, and ranked 8th in points allowed. That same defense is mostly intact from two years ago, and is horrific. Because when the offense only makes TWO FIRST DOWNS in the entire 2nd half (against Atlanta)....defenses tend to wear down a bit. Have you looked at time of possession this season for the Colts vs. opponents? It's laughable. The Colts D played fairly solid in the 1st half, despite Atlanta being spotted 14 points from Carter's fumble and Painters pick, both deep in Falcons territory. But they wore down when the offense kept going 3 and out over and over and over...

A little early to say that, but the Colts went to the SB that year. They had a bit of an off year the following year, but they still made the playoffs and nearly won. This year, we don't have PM.

Usually when I look back at something I feel the opposite way then what I originally felt. I'm weird like that, but still to this day, I'm ticked at Caldwell for doing that. At that point, PM had never been injured, or injury prone so he could afford a hit. Too bad Caldwell's still terrible.

Since when is "football immortality" granted based on winning an exhibition game?

That entire storyline was an utterly trivial side show that the media tried to use to keep the fans entertained while waiting for the playoffs to start. It meant absolutely nothing, and has had absolutely no effect on anything going forward other than to BPs blood pressure and to those fans that are fixated on it.

I don't like the message that giving up on games sends.

You play to win the game.

I don't like the message that giving up on games sends.

You play to win the game.

And they played to win, they just didn't win. They didn't forfiet, or leave the field, they just got some backup players some playing time....what is wrong with that?

??? huh??? Had P Garcon caught that "easy" TD ball across the middle in the first half of the SB, and Mr Kendra held onto the onside kick to open the second half Indy wins it's second SB.

The Jet game had no effect on anything except fan's attitude toward Polian.

They pulled the starters.

Does anyone really think the backups had a chance to win the game?

It not only put them in a bad situation, it left the starters on the sidelines to watch the loss when they knew they could have been playing and perhaps making a game-changing difference. It left the fans frustrated who paid money to see a game they had not expected.

It was not fair to anyone.

It not only put them in a bad situation, it left the starters on the sidelines to watch the loss when they knew they could have been playing and perhaps making a game-changing difference. It left the fans frustrated who paid money to see a game they had not expected.

What bad situtation? It's not like they pulled every starter, they pulled key starters. As for how it left the fans...really? The fans paid to see a football game and that is what they got.

All they had to do was give Painter a more realistic lead to work with. But instead make the starters sit on the bence while their teammates get demolished. Mean while the stadium is probably louder than it ever will be with boos. Pathetic.

One key injury in that meaningless game and this entire board would be screaming... "why didn't you take them out?"

dinged if you do... pinged if you don't.

I'm not saying I don't see both sides of this. Really I do. But I would not have personally made the decision that was made by this team.

And this was not the original intent of this thread I don't believe. It's just something I think is hard for a lot of fans to accept, myself included.

One key injury in that meaningless game and this entire board would be screaming... "why didn't you take them out?"

dinged if you do... pinged if you don't.

But you don't play scared. Scared to get hurt or scared to lose. If someone got hurt playing for perfection, no explanation is needed, fans are automatically on your side.

But fans will scream for explanations if you quit. I think the F.O. was out thinking themselves when they should've manned up and accepted the risks of going for perfection.

P.s. Sitting didn't affect the SB, playing scared to lose did!

But you don't play scared. Scared to get hurt or scared to lose. If someone got hurt playing for perfection, no explanation is needed, fans are automatically on your side.

But fans will scream for explanations if you quit. I think the F.O. was out thinking themselves when they should've manned up and accepted the risks of going for perfection.

wrong, the teams inability to HOLD ONTO THE BALL cost them that game. Garcon, Kendra, Wayne, and on and on...

The team was conservative, but... Indy just did not make plays.

They sure looked good in the Ravens and Jets playoff games.... and despite being heavily injured, they still won the division the next year and almost beat the Jets again in the playoffs. They lost by a single point.

You're being so melodramatic..... geez :nono2:

Can someone please explain to me what the big deal is going 16-0? I mean to this day I just don't see the big deal. the objective of any team should be to win the SB, period end of discussion. Is last year's SB champion looked down on because not only did they just win 10 games and they backed into the playoffs and were a wild card team.

i have been critical of the front office, but couldn't care less about an undefeated season. nobody even considers the 72 dolphins the best team of that decade...that would be pitt.

The Dolphins played the easiest schedule in the history of the league too that year,the afc east was garbage.They won it all and that's what matters.The Steelers were way better and so were the Cowboys and Raiders. Edited by mahagga73

The 2009 season was incredible.

Expectations were high and not realized.

The 2006 season.........even right up to the playoffs I remember people saying how we just wouldn't do anything in the playoffs.

Low expectations not realized

Prior to the 2007 season, I heard Polian talking about the super bowl and saying that it is not always the best team that wins it. Because if it was......then the 2005 Colts would have won.

Yes, I do remember