Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown Is A Good Player

oldunclemark

Brown played well today.

At times I question if the small gains in the running game we've seen this year are simply a product of the game being over and defenses not caring if we want to run the ball.

Either way, Brown did have a good game today.

If we start seeing that week in and week out, who knows, there may be hope for him yet.

Brown played well only against his own standard of ineptitude.

This.

Why are we not developing our running game this year? We know when Peyton comes back the passing game will be back to form...but for the love of god why we are letting a terrible backup QB throw the ball 40-50 times a game? Develop the run game NOW so when Peyton comes back it will only be better. Another example of our inept coaching staff not having a freakin clue...

Probably because we're 3 scores down by the time Painter gets his shoes laced up.......

Ehhh Andy, I watched your videos... and didn't notice at all what you are talking about. Addai had a straight shot into the endzone with 0 defenders near him. The only guy he had to avoid was one of his own blockers. Brown ran, total, about 3 times the distance, he could not just plow downfield, but had to shape his route based on defenders. Combine numbers do not matter in the NFL, they are just nice when evaluating talent.

Addai may have a faster 40 yard dash, but Brown definitely plays with more quickness, and hits the holes harder than Addai. Addai is a more patient back and will wait for holes (hence his dancing style) But if you are talking about who plays with more speed, I think the logical answer is Brown

I agree that Brown plays with more speed, but that doesn't make him faster. Addai is faster than Brown...those 2 videos were good examples as both players had to run straight at their fastest speeds and Addai's was faster. Combine numbers do matter, and even then it's not a little difference, Addai has .16 seconds on him, which is a pretty big difference for RBs.