Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edelman Signs with Pats

The Pats are having a great offseaon.

Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, re-sign Julian Edelman.. they've been pretty good. Denver has added Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward, and DeMarcus Ware, pretty good for them too. Don't sleep on us either though, Arthur Jones was a great signing and something we needed to help on rune stopping, re-signing Vontae Davis was big too, and adding D'Qwell Jackson and Hakeem Nicks are both two solid additions, at least on paper

Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, re-sign Julian Edelman.. they've been pretty good. Denver has added Aqib Talib, T.J. Ward, and DeMarcus Ware, pretty good for them too. Don't sleep on us either though, Arthur Jones was a great signing and something we needed to help on rune stopping, re-signing Vontae Davis was big too, and adding D'Qwell Jackson and Hakeem Nicks are both two solid additions, at least on paper

Agreed

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10613215/julian-edelman-agrees-re-sign-new-england-patriots

Great news. Edelman is back. Guess he didn't get much interest after Smith and Hicks signed.

Last season aside he's not really got that much of a body of work and there will be the accusation of course that Saints a lot of ex NE receivers that he's a product of the system. I think it was best for both sides he went back to NE.

AFC is really tooling up in FA this year, going to be an interesting season. Can't wait :)

Edelman even played on D in same cases lol.

He is a versatile player.

Honestly we need to have him play in the slot, we need an outside receiver.

I am not sold on Aaron Dobson...he played injured the whole year...it's really a bad signal when a rookie is injured on his first year for years to come.

The Patriots still have many holes to address this offseason, I am not sure if the draft will be enough.

-TE

-DT

-DE

-Safety

-WR

The above and obviously we need to draft more O-Line players.

Last season aside he's not really got that much of a body of work and there will be the accusation of course that Saints a lot of ex NE receivers that he's a product of the system. I think it was best for both sides he went back to NE.

AFC is really tooling up in FA this year, going to be an interesting season. Can't wait :)

Yes. Last year was his first full season playing 16 games so I am sure teams were looking at that as well as the Brady factor and his size. I am excited he is back. He has always been one of my favorite guys because he is so tough and can play so many positions for us. At least now the Pats don't have to worry about a punter returner. :)

Yes. Last year was his first full season playing 16 games so I am sure teams were looking at that as well as the Brady factor and his size. I am excited he is back. He has always been one of my favorite guys because he is so tough and can play so many positions for us. At least now the Pats don't have to worry about a punter returner. :)

I'd love to see how far he could "return" Allen (?). :P

He's a good guy for the Pats but by the same token I think the Pats is very much the best team for him. 

I was sort of hoping the Pats would let Edelman walk and leave more room for a bigger physical WR.  I don't like having two smaller slot receivers on the Pats.  It hasn't worked.  It didn't work with Welker either.

I believe the reason why Edelman gets good numbers/stats with the Pats was the same reason why Welker did because defenses let Brady have those shorter over the middle completions as they don't want to give up the big play down the field so the defenses bend but don't break against the Pats' offense.  Lots of dinks and dunks.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10613215/julian-edelman-agrees-re-sign-new-england-patriots

Great news. Edelman is back. Guess he didn't get much interest after Smith and Hicks signed.

I'm  happy for Edelman & he seems to fit like a glove in NE. I really respect that kid's toughness & work ethic. He needs a nickname now. Yes, I know individual praise rounds counter to what the Patriots preach, but that man works his tail off & he's such a vital cog on that team. Julian is a freakin' stud man!