Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Pick ups in FA/draft

Hello everyone, I thought I'd might aswell list those who I hope we can look at in FA or the Draft to fill our positions of need. This would be who I would consider so If there is someone I have left out that you may like, then please let me know. Also some of the players listed who are in the draft are under the assumption they are available or are willing to trade up if they fall a little.

Positions of Need:

Center

Safety

maybe a Guard

maybe a #2 Cornerback

maybe another pass rusher

maybe maybe a Wide receiver

WR

Jordan Matthews 

Allen Robinson 

Guard ( cheap options):

Shelley Smith

Garrett Reynolds

Center;
Evan Dietrich Smith

Brian De La Puente

Alex Mack

Travis Swanson 

Russell Bodine

Tyler Larsen

LB ( pass rusher or ILB):

Shayne Skov

Marcus Smith

#2 Cornerback:

DRC

Chris Harris

Antonio Cromartie

Walter Thurmond

Brandon Ghee

Javier Arenas

Bradley Roby

Darqueze Dennard ( if we really want to trade up)

Safety

Chris Clemons

Major Wright

Calvin Pryor

Jimmie Ward 

Craig Loston

Deone Buccanon

Those in bold are those I want especially but let me know what you think.

If we can somehow get Mack that's the main problem solved. Then in the draft I would hope we can get Moncrief and a safety like Ward, Bucannon, or Terrence Brooks. I have completely changed my mind on Ed Reynolds. He is probably a 4th or 5th rounder. I would also like to see us trade into the 4th and pick up a CB like Rashaad Reynolds or EJ Gaines if their still on the board.

It may just come down to BPA. With how they've drafted before I have a feeling that at #59 (if we don't trade back), the highest rated players on our board who would still be available will be:

-Donte Moncrief

-Tre Mason

-Keith McGill

-Kelcy Quarrels

My ideal world at OL & DB with current UFA's

Michael Oher @ LT  // Hugh Thornton @ LG // Alex Mack @ C // Roster Move- Anthony Costanzo @ RG // Gosder Chilerus @ RT

Vontea Davis CB1 // DRC CB2 // Darius Butler CB3  

Laron Landry FS // Major Wright SS (Since TJ Ward is gone)

My ideal world at OL & DB with current UFA's

Michael Oher @ LT  // Hugh Thornton @ LG // Alex Mack @ C // Roster Move- Anthony Costanzo @ RG // Gosder Chilerus @ RT

Vontea Davis CB1 // DRC CB2 // Darius Butler CB3  

Laron Landry FS // Major Wright SS (Since TJ Ward is gone)

In what world is michael oher a left tackle, ??? he's barely a right tackle!

There is actually so much wrong with your wish list....

1. Michael Oher (RT)

2. DRC is not a press corner

3. We would be stuck with 2 strong safety's again.

1. Oher would be a cheap investment, and better than our current depth at the LT position and Costanzo would dominate at G. IMO  (Oher did have a bad season this year, but he has a lot of potential) I could be wrong on this call

2. The only CB on our roster that is better than DRC, would be Davis. 

(I know that he's not worth the money he's asking, but he is one of the best UFA's left on the market.) 

- I also like Mike Jenkins in that spot 

3. LaRon was actually ranked #1 DB by ESPN during his run with LSU, #1 Safety by Athlon and #2 according to Sporting News at what position?

FS

- Bethea should have been re-signed....

- Wright would be a cheap investment and start at SS, move LaRon over

1. Oher would be a cheap investment, and better than our current depth at the LT position and Costanzo would dominate at G. IMO  (Oher did have a bad season this year, but he has a lot of potential) I could be wrong on this call

2. The only CB on our roster that is better than DRC, would be Davis. 

(I know that he's not worth the money he's asking, but he is one of the best UFA's left on the market.) 

- I also like Mike Jenkins in that spot 

3. LaRon was actually ranked #1 DB by ESPN during his run with LSU, #1 Safety by Athlon and #2 according to Sporting News at what position?

FS

- Bethea should have been re-signed....

- Wright would be a cheap investment and start at SS, move LaRon over

LaRon Landry - 7 seasons // 91 starts / 570 combined tackles / 5.5 Sacks / 41 Def / 6 Int / 10 FF / 1 TD

Major Wright - 4 season // 42 starts / 253 combined tackles / 0 Sacks / 18 Def / 9 Int / 3 FF / 3 TD