Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bethea & Adam V. updates

TKnight24

I just don't understand Adam V leaving. At 41, does he really want to go to a new team for 1 or 2 years? I can't see us offering him 2 years 4M$ total, and him saying "No, I want 5M$" We must simply want to draft a kicker for cheap and put that 1-2M$ a year into another position.

I just don't understand Adam V leaving. At 41, does he really want to go to a new team for 1 or 2 years? I can't see us offering him 2 years 4M$ total, and him saying "No, I want 5M$" We must simply want to draft a kicker for cheap and put that 1-2M$ a year into another position.

He's a kicker. There is no disadvantage of a new system or something. He already has a ton of jewelry from the NFL. Why wouldn't he want to maximize his value?

He's a kicker. There is no disadvantage of a new system or something. He already has a ton of jewelry from the NFL. Why wouldn't he want to maximize his value?

It's tough to just pick up and move at this point in his career. He's made plenty of money to where he could (and should) take a pay cut. Unless the Colts are offering jack squat....

HGRekks BINGO!!!

You guys really think that A guy at 41 with 4 rings wants to move his family for 1 maybe 2 years, over 1M$?? I'm sure he's been smart enough with his money that it isn't an issue. Like I said, unless the Colts simply don't want him back for anything other than league minimum. 

It's tough to just pick up and move at this point in his career. He's made plenty of money to where he could (and should) take a pay cut. Unless the Colts are offering jack squat....

You guys really think that A guy at 41 with 4 rings wants to move his family for 1 maybe 2 years, over 1M$?? I'm sure he's been smart enough with his money that it isn't an issue. Like I said, unless the Colts simply don't want him back for anything other than league minimum. 

He has two residences. He only lives in Indy during the season, and Florida (I believe) in the offseason. He moves his family every offseason. I don't think it's particularly important to him to stay in one city.

It's wishful thinking that every player will take some kind of home town discount. AV might do that, but the bottom line is that he is 41 and likely riding one of the (if not THE) last contracts he'll ever sign in the NFL. I'm sure many players looking at retirement would like to inflate their account to secure their future economic stability, regardless of what is stashed away.

Personally, I want AV back. I think he's one of the best in the league and one of the best in history. I just understand if he wants to cash in while he can.

I wonder if Adam goes out and sees what is out there for him if he comes back and gets a deal done here. 

I figured the Colts would try to keep Bethea but they weren't going to go over what they think he's worth and I have a feeling Bethea thinks he's worth more than that.  I thought we needed help at safety but personally I would have rather changed Landry than Bethea but Landry has the long term contract and Bethea is the free agent so that's the way the cookie crumbles.