Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will any Colts get cut?

1959Colts

Don't agree watch the tape of him when healthy he was pretty good!

I have to agree! When Toler was healthy our defense was playing pretty good.  When he went down with injury, we kept getting burnt deep and our bump & run defense went out the window due to Vaughn playing in his place. Eventhough a lot of people want Toler to go, I think that he deserves 1 more season to prove his self and his doubters. I think Satele should have left during last off-season. He has now been outplayed for 2 years now by backups.  The proof is in the videos of all of those games he missed. The Colts FO has be smart with how they handle this off-season due to the up-coming contracts of Luck and the other 2012 draft class players. Most of them have been huge contributors to the success over the last two seasons.

In the "Current Colts Roster List with Salaries" post at top of the page,

it shows contracts:

RJF:      4 years / 22 million

Toler:    3 years / 15 million

Landry:  4 years / 24 million

No way are these guys worth that kind of money!

Sorry,  but I don't see any of the three getting cut. 

The team would take considerable salary cap hits on all three....   plus, each was hurt...  so, it's hard to know how good they are.

Grigson will give them at least one more year to make an impact.

Don't see Grigson and Pags cutting anyone before training camp.  We have the cap space to sign who we want right now without the cuts.  The only "big" signing we will be doing is resigning Davis.  Other than that I feel that Grigson will do more of the signings we saw last year with most of the guaranteed money in year one and to have the flexibility to cut with minimal impact.  If you look into most of the contracts he did last year it seems most were structured like this.

Sorry, but I don't see any of the three getting cut.

The team would take considerable salary cap hits on all three.... plus, each was hurt... so, it's hard to know how good they are.

RJF and Landry there would be a hit I believe but not Toler he needs to be cut Idc if he was hurt he always has been

Sorry,  but I don't see any of the three getting cut. 

The team would take considerable salary cap hits on all three....   plus, each was hurt...  so, it's hard to know how good they are.

um what?

666K to cut Toler in dead cap (4.1 mil in Cap Savings)

1.8Mil to cut RJF in dead Cap (3.2 mil in Cap Savings)

The only one who would make no sense to cut is Landry.

um what?

I think RJF has potential he was doin good till his injury. Toler ill give ya he hasn't ever stayed healthy cut him and save the team the hassle

um what?

I double checked on Spotrac and you're right....    good to know...

It makes no sense to me that the dead cap numbers for Toler and RJF are that small,  but that's what they appear to be.

That said.....

I think there's almost no chance that either of them are let go.   Pagano spoke of Toler performing next season for the Colts and there's been no talk at all floated about letting RJF go....     I think all this talk is strictly from fans,  so I don't expect anything to come of it.

• 2 weeks later...