Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Gameplan

grmasterb

They need to be more balanced. I've said this before the game, and it's a big reason we lost. We were too pass heavy. Delone Carter and Donald Brown ran well, and we could have moved the ball more effectively if we ran more.

Now in the future, I think that we should try more short passes. Try more screens, slants, quick outs/ins, then after doing that we can set up the long bomb to Garcon. We can't just take random shots down field and go for 15 yard passes when the guy is not open. We need more dump off passes and we need better play calls, especially on 1st down, because if we get nothing on first down, we get screwed-over on 2nd and 3rd.

I think that is a big, big reason the Colts have not had a good running attack in years. The run is given up far too easily. I went back and watched some games from like 2004-2005. Manning would get behind center more and the stretch was run or he did a lot of play action passing. I remember how his play action fakes were always so convincing. That simply hardly happens anymore. The Colts, even with Manning, will start the game in a shotgun. They immediate make themselves one dimension. Now, that one dimension is enough to win most games, but i don't understand why they don't even it out more. I think Carter is a future star. The really should just pound him into the line a bit more to setup some passes.