Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

Pure comedy. I would love to see anyone here get hired at a job to be the man, then get bought out and new guy comes in and changes everything. Then gets fired few months later, move to another state and start all over all without skipping a beat. Give me a fricken break.

Till I see other wise I support Trent and my Colts and I hope he proves the dbags wrong.

The coordinator excuse doesnt cut it. The playbook excuse doesnt cut it.

If he had shown improvement towards the end of the season then those excuses may have held some water, but he didnt show the slightest improvement.

Is training camp more valuable then actual game time ?

Training camp doesnt last as long as he was here, he didnt improve a bit.

How can a coordinator change the way you run ? He gets handed the ball, he gingerly approaches the line like his feet are made of cement, he stops, he dances, sometimes he moves forward a little and sometimes he was just tackled right there.

He was tackled by a player who had been blocked to the ground, the guy was out of the play, but instead of running past the downed player trent slows down and does a little stutter step until the player turns over and grabs him.

If the cordnator and playbook were that big of an issue and took that long to learn then None of the other runningbacks should have been any better then Trent was. He had plenty of time to learn everything. Nowhere in the playbook does it say to run slowly, stop, dance , then slowly proceed.

If it took 14 weeks to learn a playbook or adjust to a new coordinator then the First half of the season would be horrible each year and teams would pay their coordinators a ton more to never leave them and go elsewhere.

It also wasnt the offensive line because everyone else was getting yards running behind it.

There is no viable excuse for him having been so bad for so long. The guy stunk.

He may do better next season, but its all on him, because no excuse explains why he stunk.

The Colts offensive line was not the worst in NFL history, so how is it that it reduced a 3rd overall pick to being the 14th worst runningback with 150 carries ? It didnt.

Trent failed because of Tent. Can he turn it around, nobody knows, but his performance so far is nobody's fault but his own.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coordinator excuse doesnt cut it. The playbook excuse doesnt cut it.

If he had shown improvement towards the end of the season then those excuses may have held some water, but he didnt show the slightest improvement.

Is training camp more valuable then actual game time ?

Training camp doesnt last as long as he was here, he didnt improve a bit.

How can a coordinator change the way you run ? He gets handed the ball, he gingerly approaches the line like his feet are made of cement, he stops, he dances, sometimes he moves forward a little and sometimes he was just tackled right there.

He was tackled by a player who had been blocked to the ground, the guy was out of the play, but instead of running past the downed player trent slows down and does a little stutter step until the player turns over and grabs him.

If the cordnator and playbook were that big of an issue and took that long to learn then None of the other runningbacks should have been any better then Trent was. He had plenty of time to learn everything. Nowhere in the playbook does it say to run slowly, stop, dance , then slowly proceed.

If it took 14 weeks to learn a playbook or adjust to a new coordinator then the First half of the season would be horrible each year and teams would pay their coordinators a ton more to never leave them and go elsewhere.

It also wasnt the offensive line because everyone else was getting yards running behind it.

There is no viable excuse for him having been so bad for so long. The guy stunk.

He may do better next season, but its all on him, because no excuse explains why he stunk.

The Colts offensive line was not the worst in NFL history, so how is it that it reduced a 3rd overall pick to being the 14th worst runningback with 150 carries ? It didnt.

Trent failed because of Tent. Can he turn it around, nobody knows, but his performance so far is nobody's fault but his own.

He ran out of obvious run formations almost the entire time. Behind a crappy line. Once pep finally started switching it up he looked better and showed some glimpses. Was he all world? No, but I'm not ready to write him off yet. He has the same potential to be every bit as good as Lynch or worst case Lacy.

He ran out of obvious run formations almost the entire time. Behind a crappy line. Once pep finally started switching it up he looked better and showed some glimpses. Was he all world? No, but I'm not ready to write him off yet. He has the same potential to be every bit as good as Lynch or worst case Lacy.

I dont remember any glmpses. He had 3 carries for 1 yard and a fumble in the playoffs. That is no indication that anyone was seeing glimpses of anything, not the fans and not the coaches.

2 runningbacks were worse then him this season and one of them was over the hill and held together with tape and string.

Any runningback off the street could have matched and surpassed his numbers.

Look at it this way if he was on any other team in the league then you would declare him a bust, but since he is a Colt you can't bring yourself to admit it.

He had plenty of time, in the real world you get 90 days usually at a job to prove yourself, he had way more then that.

If he needs more time and can only run in certain schemes and situations then he is a bust. He is a 3rd overall pick and should be able to flourish in almost any offense, not set records for the lowest ypc.

I think Pagano and Pep are compitent enough to know that if their guy is getting stuffed at the line because of their play calling that they better adjust it. If not then they have no business in the NFL. Since they have both achieved success in their careers and so far Richardson has not then I would say they are better at their jobs then he is at his.

Next up on the why Richardson sucked in 2013 is : The equipment guy didnt size his shoes properly, or perhaps he isnt used to the surface in LOS. Maybe Lucks neck beard distracted him. The Gatorade was yellow and not orange. He had to park further away from the stadium and the walk made him tired. Donald Brown tricked him and told him the coaches like guys who can't pick up yards.

The bench hurt his butt. He was bullied.

I dont remember any glmpses. He had 3 carries for 1 yard and a fumble in the playoffs. That is no indication that anyone was seeing glimpses of anything, not the fans and not the coaches.

2 runningbacks were worse then him this season and one of them was over the hill and held together with tape and string.

Any runningback off the street could have matched and surpassed his numbers.

Look at it this way if he was on any other team in the league then you would declare him a bust, but since he is a Colt you can't bring yourself to admit it.

He had plenty of time, in the real world you get 90 days usually at a job to prove yourself, he had way more then that.

If he needs more time and can only run in certain schemes and situations then he is a bust. He is a 3rd overall pick and should be able to flourish in almost any offense, not set records for the lowest ypc.

I think Pagano and Pep are compitent enough to know that if their guy is getting stuffed at the line because of their play calling that they better adjust it. If not then they have no business in the NFL. Since they have both achieved success in their careers and so far Richardson has not then I would say they are better at their jobs then he is at his.

Next up on the why Richardson sucked in 2013 is : The equipment guy didnt size his shoes properly, or perhaps he isnt used to the surface in LOS. Maybe Lucks neck beard distracted him. The Gatorade was yellow and not orange. He had to park further away from the stadium and the walk made him tired. Donald Brown tricked him and told him the coaches like guys who can't pick up yards.

The bench hurt his butt. He was bullied.

Sounds like you have a biased hate towards him or you flat out didn't watch him play. Cause there was plenty of glimpses.

No there wasnt. Someone already posted his supposed highlight where he once made 2 guys miss, and thats all there was. I dont remember a single highlight that made him look like he had potential and I challenge anyone to find a video that does. It doesnt exist, he was absolutely consistently horrible.

No there wasnt. Someone already posted his supposed highlight where he once made 2 guys miss, and thats all there was. I dont remember a single highlight that made him look like he had potential and I challenge anyone to find a video that does. It doesnt exist, he was absolutely consistently horrible.

Your constant bashing and sarcasm is really irritating. Is this some kind of lethal obsession? Are you just a troll who likes to get a rise out of people? I know I don't have to read and can ignore and probably will soon but seriously get over yourself man! Like other posters said why don't you try to find some positive things to say about the team rather then bashing all the time? Yes, it's a forum and a free country but 90% of us come on here because we are diehard COLTS fans and want to discuss and root for our favorite team.

I am also a believer that there were many contributing factors to his subpar performance this year, but he did have some flashes of potential, and he also contributed very well as a blocker. Not going to humor you with video. If he sucks next year, then he sucks, what's done is done. so be it. No reason to constantly cry about it.

Then the Browns fans coming on here trying to reassure themselves that their team made the right decision in trading him, bashing him and claiming they're glad he's gone? Gloating because he didn't perform well this year and bragging about the round 1 pick. Just stop it. Wonder how many of you will still be around if he does have a great year next year? Or will you stay in your factory of sadness then? Guess we'll see.

Now I wanna make a richardson voodoo doll, if I get it to work Grigson will pay me big bucks for it. Heck he might make me the runningback coach.

You will know if it happens because instead of the usual Richardson dance I will make him twerk like Miley Cyrus when he approaches the line at least once a game.

Your constant bashing and sarcasm is really irritating. Is this some kind of lethal obsession? Are you just a troll who likes to get a rise out of people? I know I don't have to read and can ignore and probably will soon but seriously get over yourself man! Like other posters said why don't you try to find some positive things to say about the team rather then bashing all the time? Yes, it's a forum and a free country but 90% of us come on here because we are diehard COLTS fans and want to discuss and root for our favorite team.

I am also a believer that there were many contributing factors to his subpar performance this year, but he did have some flashes of potential, and he also contributed very well as a blocker. Not going to humor you with video. If he sucks next year, then he sucks, what's done is done. so be it. No reason to constantly cry about it.

Then the Browns fans coming on here trying to reassure themselves that their team made the right decision in trading him, bashing him and claiming they're glad he's gone? Gloating because he didn't perform well this year and bragging about the round 1 pick. Just stop it. Wonder how many of you will still be around if he does have a great year next year? Or will you stay in your factory of sadness then? Guess we'll see.

Its cool. I understand now. Only " real " colts fans who think their GM could never make such a colossally horrible trade can see Trent's flashes of brilliance.

I get it.

I'm gonna work real hard and try to ignore everything obvious to the rest of the world so I can't truly appreciate 2.9 ypc.

I'm gonna do it for you and every " true " Colts fan. I will be a homer if it kills me.

Its cool. I understand now. Only " real " colts fans who think their GM could never make such a colossally horrible trade can see Trent's flashes of brilliance.

I get it.

I'm gonna work real hard and try to ignore everything obvious to the rest of the world so I can't truly appreciate 2.9 ypc.

I'm gonna do it for you and every " true " Colts fan. I will be a homer if it kills me.

thank you atleast some one understands me  :thmup:

Maybe all the draft coverage and seeing what that horrible trade is going to cost us, brings all the Richardson hatred back to the the surface,  That trade has caused a ripple of negative consequences through everything FA, personnel, and draft related ever since it happened.  I get reminded how much I hate the trade every time I see or read something on the draft.

And its not like he is the only one who thinks this or talks about it.  NFL writers and analysts come out frequently pointing out yet another new way the trade was horrible or how it hurt the Colts.  The only ones making excuses for him are some delusional blue Kool-Aid drinkers on this forum.

Maybe all the draft coverage and seeing what that horrible trade is going to cost us, brings all the Richardson hatred back to the the surface, That trade has caused a ripple of negative consequences through everything FA, personnel, and draft related ever since it happened. I get reminded how much I hate the trade every time I see or read something on the draft.

And its not like he is the only one who thinks this or talks about it. NFL writers and analysts come out frequently pointing out yet another new way the trade was horrible or how it hurt the Colts. The only ones making excuses for him are some delusional blue Kool-Aid drinkers on this forum.

Have you tried the blue kool-aid? It's fricken awesome I tell ya! Especially if you throw a little 151 in there.

Those who think complaining about something they will never have control over is funny. Your constant complaining isn't going to change anything. All you can do is hope he gets better, but you would rather think you are more qualified to run a team because you went undefeated in Madden

Those who think complaining about something they will never have control over is funny. Your constant complaining isn't going to change anything. All you can do is hope he gets better, but you would rather think you are more qualified to run a team because you went undefeated in Madden

People grasping at any straw and trying to come up with excuses for TR in an attempt to convince themselves we didn't get fleeced in that trade is even funnier

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - accusing others of trolling
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - accusing others of trolling

I get it.

So you're a Troll? Ok great that clears things up.

not really, i don't concern myself with things i have no control over

I didn't say you ... I said "people" ... "how long you think it will take me to find some ridiculous post like TR will lead us to the SB once he has an offseason to learn the playbook" or some such silliness .... which is same "concern over something they have no control over" just from the opposite viewpoint.  The majority just prefer their positive delusions so they don't catch as much flak.

Maybe all the draft coverage and seeing what that horrible trade is going to cost us, brings all the Richardson hatred back to the the surface, That trade has caused a ripple of negative consequences through everything FA, personnel, and draft related ever since it happened. I get reminded how much I hate the trade every time I see or read something on the draft.

And its not like he is the only one who thinks this or talks about it. NFL writers and analysts come out frequently pointing out yet another new way the trade was horrible or how it hurt the Colts. The only ones making excuses for him are some delusional blue Kool-Aid drinkers on this forum.

At the same time....what's the point? The deal has been done. Yes, he had a poor showing for the most part. Why not hope he turns things around and becomes something special? Why is it being a homer to be positive or optimistic? What's the point of trashing him? Does it make people feel better about themselves? Make them feel smarter then Grigson? Should our GM not take risks, ever?

And the NFL writers and analysts job is to write/report, of course a majority will seek out a teams presumed weakness and try to exploit it any chance they get. Playoff team last 2 seasons, and by the looks of our acquisitions so far, we will be a force to be reckoned with again this year, so not exactly sure how it has "hurt" the Colts.

I dont get to watch much college football, barely any really, because my job requires me to work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week.

I look forward to the draft and especially the first round pick to see who we got. I watch the YouTube videos on the player, research him a little on the internet, amd wait impatiently for the season to begin in hopes we drafted a star.

None of that will happen this season.

Locally we get all the Colts games here. My exposure to the Browns though was nonexistent. I hadn't really seen Trent play.

I was working when the trade was announced and I hoped it was a good one.

Then he played ......

The guy was a bust as far as I could see then and still is now. He put up numbers that even the worst runningback could easily match.

I dont mind saying the 2013 draft left me disappointed, probably more then normal because of the 2012 draft, but it still didnt seem very good to me. So then the 2014 draft is already seeming like it is gonna be less then stellar because we traded out 1st rounder for a guy whose ypc could be matched by running to the line of scrimmage and just falling forward.

I dont like Trent, I think the fact that he was so content with being benched proves what kind of work ethic he has. The excuse that the playbook is hard to learn also makes me think he is lazy or not very intelligent. There was plenty of time for a motivated player who wanted to contribute and be one of the best at his position to learn a playbook.

So now we have no 1st rounder, no opportunity to draft a great player, and we in turn are stuck with something that is far from great and if last season was an indication of things to come will go down I'm history as one of the worst trades ever.

I dont like Richardson, not on a personal level but as a player on the Colts. I dont know the man as a person, but so far as a professional football player he stinks.

So no I dont like him on the Colts, h takes up a roster spot that could be used for a better player, which would be any player, and he cost a pick. I understand he didnt ask to come here, but he is paid a lot of money to be here so ....

At the same time....what's the point? The deal has been done. Yes, he had a poor showing for the most part. Why not hope he turns things around and becomes something special? Why is it being a homer to be positive or optimistic? What's the point of trashing him? Does it make people feel better about themselves? Make them feel smarter then Grigson? Should our GM not take risks, ever?

And the NFL writers and analysts job is to write/report, of course a majority will seek out a teams presumed weakness and try to exploit it any chance they get. Playoff team last 2 seasons, and by the looks of our acquisitions so far, we will be a force to be reckoned with again this year, so not exactly sure how it has "hurt" the Colts.

Whats the point of any discussion that goes on here??  I would guess the the point of people complaining is to vent their frustrations. 

Whats the point in endlessly defending him (It goes both ways)?  Its not necessarily a homer being positive or optimistic ... but when that optimism blinds you to the facts then it becomes "homerism" sp?  If you can not see all the negative consequences that this trade has (and will) caused you are either not paying attention or ignoring the obvious.

I think most want a GM who takes smart risks ... trading a 1st round pick for a RB never good IMO, but especially with all the needs the Colts still had and have was not a smart risk.

They got to the playoffs in spite of TR not with his help. 

You don't see how not having a 1st round pick hurts the Colts ... really?  If you can't see how all the ways that 1st round pick could have been better utilized, not the least of which being the Colts would be better off with a 1st round draft pick in one of the deepest drafts in years rather than TR than I don't know what to tell you.

I dont get to watch much college football, barely any really, because my job requires me to work 6 and sometimes 7 days a week.

I look forward to the draft and especially the first round pick to see who we got. I watch the YouTube videos on the player, research him a little on the internet, amd wait impatiently for the season to begin in hopes we drafted a star.

None of that will happen this season.

Locally we get all the Colts games here. My exposure to the Browns though was nonexistent. I hadn't really seen Trent play.

I was working when the trade was announced and I hoped it was a good one.

Then he played ......

The guy was a bust as far as I could see then and still is now. He put up numbers that even the worst runningback could easily match.

I dont mind saying the 2013 draft left me disappointed, probably more then normal because of the 2012 draft, but it still didnt seem very good to me. So then the 2014 draft is already seeming like it is gonna be less then stellar because we traded out 1st rounder for a guy whose ypc could be matched by running to the line of scrimmage and just falling forward.

I dont like Trent, I think the fact that he was so content with being benched proves what kind of work ethic he has. The excuse that the playbook is hard to learn also makes me think he is lazy or not very intelligent. There was plenty of time for a motivated player who wanted to contribute and be one of the best at his position to learn a playbook.

So now we have no 1st rounder, no opportunity to draft a great player, and we in turn are stuck with something that is far from great and if last season was an indication of things to come will go down I'm history as one of the worst trades ever.

I dont like Richardson, not on a personal level but as a player on the Colts. I dont know the man as a person, but so far as a professional football player he stinks.

So no I dont like him on the Colts, h takes up a roster spot that could be used for a better player, which would be any player, and he cost a pick. I understand he didnt ask to come here, but he is paid a lot of money to be here so ....

What? You don't like him? I never would have guessed? LOL! OK so I see why now, just not sure why you take it so personally?

Whats the point of any discussion that goes on here?? I would guess the the point of people complaining is to vent their frustrations.

Whats the point in endlessly defending him (It goes both ways)? Its not necessarily a homer being positive or optimistic ... but when that optimism blinds you to the facts then it becomes "homerism" sp? If you can not see all the negative consequences that this trade has (and will) caused you are either not paying attention or ignoring the obvious.

I think most want a GM who takes smart risks ... trading a 1st round pick for a RB never good IMO, but especially with all the needs the Colts still had and have was not a smart risk.

They got to the playoffs in spite of TR not with his help.

You don't see how not having a 1st round pick hurts the Colts ... really? If you can't see how all the ways that 1st round pick could have been better utilized, not the least of which being the Colts would be better off with a 1st round draft pick in one of the deepest drafts in years rather than TR than I don't know what to tell you.

Thank you for explaining the point of a forum to me...... and here I was thinking this was a dating site? Anyhow.....

There's a difference between complaining and obsessively ranting on about how bad a deal we got and how bad Trent sucks, especially when the deal is done and can't be changed.

You talk like thier is absolutely no chance he will be a better player, you have written him off, I have not. I believe that there were many contributing factors to his failure, including his own, but still think with the improvements Im hoping the Oline will make and with a full training camp he has a chance to turn things around. If he doesn't, then that's that, he's a bust and I will be the first to admit it. I guess according to you that means I do not have as high a football "IQ" as you or don't watch as much as you do, ok.

If we still had our pick, there is NO guarantee that the player we selected would be able to transition into the NFL right away either. Remember how good Richardson looked in Alabama? Would you write that player off after 2 seasons as well?

Thank you for explaining the point of a forum to me...... and here I was thinking this was a dating site? Anyhow.....

There's a difference between complaining and obsessively ranting on about how bad a deal we got and how bad Trent sucks, especially when the deal is done and can't be changed.

You talk like thier is absolutely no chance he will be a better player, you have written him off, I have not. I believe that there were many contributing factors to his failure, including his own, but still think with the improvements Im hoping the Oline will make and with a full training camp he has a chance to turn things around. If he doesn't, then that's that, he's a bust and I will be the first to admit it. I guess according to you that means I do not have as high a football "IQ" as you or don't watch as much as you do, ok.

If we still had our pick, there is NO guarantee that the player we selected would be able to transition into the NFL right away either. Remember how good Richardson looked in Alabama? Would you write that player off after 2 seasons as well?

I was not explaining a forum, you asked what the point was ... so I answered.  Good things and inconsequential things that happen are are talked into the ground as well ... So again whats the point?  What's the difference?

You call it obsessively ranting I notice that he usually is responding to someone coming and trying to make new (or even worse the same old) excuses for TR, which personally I find more tiring and nauseating than people complaining about him ... so to each his own I guess.

I don't deny there is a chance he can be better ... he can't get much worse.  But, odds are he will never be good enough to justify the price we paid for him.  Even if he improves and becomes an average RB ... so what; we can get average RBs all day long for much less than a 1st round pick and for less salary.  The "when we improve the Oline" excuse does not hold water because any RB we have or would get would benefit from that. If I spend a 1st round pick on a RB (which I never would) I expect them to produce at least mediocre results behind any NFL Oline.

Never said anything about football IQ ... you seem to have a tendency to draw random conclusions.

You are correct there in no guarantee that who we chose with the first pick would pan out, but I would rather take the risk on the draft to either choose or trade down than throw it away on an over rated RB who did not look that spectacular in the NFL games he had already played in.

As to your your last question .... If we had a 1st this year and stupidly drafted RB with it and he looked as bad as TR in his second year I would call him a bust as well, because I expect a RB to be able to transition to the NFL quickly (especially a 1st round RB).   If it was a position other then RB (which it should be) I would probably give them the benefit of the doubt for one more year before complaining too much.  Werner is an example this ... I gave him a pass the 1st year, I expect some major improvement this upcoming season and by year 3 if he is not making a significant contribution I will most likely be thinking bust.

The Guy may not (or may, only God knows) turn out to be a spectacular runner in the NFL, we know already from Cleveland (with broken ribs) he can be an average runner with a bad qb and limited offensive weapons around him. I personally (probably partially because I know him) believe he with his work ethic and drive to improve, on top of the unteachables that he was blessed with, will be really good for the Colts..im not writing him in already for perennial probowls and the HOF, but he has what it takes to be a premier RB as long as he is healthy. To reply to a previous comment about how he responded to being benched..yes he was politically correct in his responses and seemed unphased, but that truly did bother him being benched and It lit a fire for him to work on his game this summer. He truly loves this Colts organization in my opinion and wouldnt ever say/intentionally do anything that would degrade the organization or any of its decisions made. Yes in cleveland he was average at best overall, yes with the Colts he hasnt put up even respectable rushing numbers, so I understand the skepticism and frustration, but just watch! If im wrong, i wont be afraid to come back to this very thread and apologize for my words. I see he, Ballard and Bradshaw causing many headaches for every defense they face this year! GO COLTS!

The Guy may not (or may, only God knows) turn out to be a spectacular runner in the NFL, we know already from Cleveland (with broken ribs) he can be an average runner with a bad qb and limited offensive weapons around him. I personally (probably partially because I know him) believe he with his work ethic and drive to improve, on top of the unteachables that he was blessed with, will be really good for the Colts..im not writing him in already for perennial probowls and the HOF, but he has what it takes to be a premier RB as long as he is healthy. To reply to a previous comment about how he responded to being benched..yes he was politically correct in his responses and seemed unphased, but that truly did bother him being benched and It lit a fire for him to work on his game this summer. He truly loves this Colts organization in my opinion and wouldnt ever say/intentionally do anything that would degrade the organization or any of its decisions made. Yes in cleveland he was average at best overall, yes with the Colts he hasnt put up even respectable rushing numbers, so I understand the skepticism and frustration, but just watch! If im wrong, i wont be afraid to come back to this very thread and apologize for my words. I see he, Ballard and Bradshaw causing many headaches for every defense they face this year! GO COLTS!

Are you a personal friend of Trent's?

The Guy may not (or may, only God knows) turn out to be a spectacular runner in the NFL, we know already from Cleveland (with broken ribs) he can be an average runner with a bad qb and limited offensive weapons around him.

Trent's YPC after his injury (3.6) was identical to his average before, and his TD rate was roughly the same.

His very ordinary numbers cannot be blamed on his injury.

Are you a personal friend of Trent's?

Well ill say this, we are from the same City and have had many football/non football convos....but not really a "friend" im 9 yrs older..its not much after football/basketball/kids.. that we link on so its more accurate to say we are "cool" or associate here and there.

Trent's YPC after his injury (3.6) was identical to his average before, and his TD rate was roughly the same.

His very ordinary numbers cannot be blamed on his injury.

He had more than that btw...he came off knee surgery with NO training camp..but Thats not saying it was why he wasnt Adrien Peterson! I agree that a number 3 pick at his position is expected to make a larger impact (esp in yr 2) He made poor on field decisions too so I list the injuries because they definitely didnt help him any...He had a list of injuries that some would have sat out games for with the Colts that he refused to acknowledge in order to help where he could. But his game will speak for its self..if he doesnt capitalize on field..Id be the first to admit it.

But I just know..if he is healthy and puts in the work..he will flourish for Indy...hopefully I can come up for a game here instead of the away games in Florida against the Jags...

THANK YOU!!! Can't like this post enough you sit are spot on!!!

This is hilarious. If you dont like Trent Richardson then obviously you are a troll .... It doesnt matter that the GM traded away a 1st rounder for him and the team has many other needs. It doesnt matter that his performance as a Colt is statistically the worst by any Colts runningback in the history of the franchise. It doesnt matter that there have been no glimpses of talent, no improvement as the season progressed.

Really what does a troll do ? Usually they come in and make off the wall statements that aren't true to cause controversy and get people angry.

Bow if I were to say Blaine Gabbert is a better QB then Luck, that would be trolling. If I were to say that Mathis is the worst lineback in the league, that would be trolling. Neither of those statements are even remotely true Luck and Mathis are some of the best in the league. Saying that they aren't when the numbers and video are there to support them would be nothing more then someone trying to get under someone else's skin which is trolling.

So trolling is basically saying off the wall things with out a shred of evidence to back it up, and only doing so for a reaction.

In the case of Richardson statistically he stinks, one of the worst in the NFL in 2013. Every statistic says he is horrible, very video of him as a Colt says he is horrible.

So I dont see how saying something that is obvious to everyone and supported by video and statistics can be trolling.

On the other hand totally denying the video and statistical proof and saying off the wall things totally contradicting all evidence would be trolling.

Saying Richardson is gonna be good at this point is far closer to trolling then saying he is bad.

Trolls deal in controversey and off the wall statements while ignoring the facts.

There are trolls here, thats for sure.

Takes one to know one I guess?

You reapeat the same rubbish over and over, and seem to get off on bashing anyone who supports Richardson and wants him to succeed. It's not only in this thread, I've seen your replies on other posts as well that he is mentioned in. Heck I've even seen you bring him up completely off topic in other posts just to bash him. Your obsession is a little scary. There are other players that sucked last year that you don't spew your hatred at, you seem to just fixate on Richardson. That Sir, is being a TROLL.

Yes he cost a first round pick and according to some on here it's the end of the world and were going to be a terrible team now because of it, whatever, it's a done deal and all we can do is hope he will improve his game next year. If he doesn't, then we'll have to cut our losses and move on like we always have.

Cut our losses ? We dont even know what all we have lost yet. When the Browns are on the clock with our pick keep in mind that every player selected from then on until we are on the clock in the 2nd could have been ours.

If any of those players contribute or ever make the probowl then thats something that the Richardson trade may have cost us.

Its not Trent's fault he is here, that is all Grigson. What is Trent's fault is the way he plays. The lack of burst, the hesitation, the stopping, the lack of vision, that's all on Trent.

His numbers as a Colt wouldn't get you onto many practice squads.

His rookie numbers were not good, Ballard put up almost identical numbers and he was picked in the 4th.

People want to hang their hat on Trent having 12 touchdowns, but to me that's not impressive when you look at the big picture.

Touchdowns are very situational. You could hit a receiver and he could take it 80 yards and get tackled at the 2, then let the runningback pound it in. Who made the play ? Was it the receivers big gain or the runningbacks short run ? If your runningback puts up 200,yards in one game and has 1 touchdown but your tightend has 10 yards and 2 touchdowns in the same game then who had the better game ?

Edge used to drive the ball down the field only to be replaced by Rhodes who ran it in from the 3. Rhodes gets the touchdown stat but Edge did all the heavy lifting.

To gauge a runningbacks worth you need to look at ypc and how many 20+ yard runs he has. That is how you tell if he is moving the ball and grinding out yards. Trent does neither.

The only thing anyone can say is he can block .... Really ? A first round pick for a situational blocker.

Yes Trent wears a horseshoe on his helmet, but that doesnt mean everyone should sit back and pretend everything is fine. So far he has been a liability, and we haven't even paid the full cost of the trade yet.

To me it is irritating to read everyone's comments about how he is gonna be great, he is the next Lynch or whatever. There is no indication that he will ever be more then a 3.6 ypc back, which is well below the league average.

Only colts fans with blue blinders on and his college fans believe he can turn it around, everyone else has seen him churn out an at best mediocre season followed by a record breaking horrible season.

He might have seemed like the coolest hardworking guy when you sat next to him at the ice cream social , but that doesn't mean he can play at the NFL level and live up to his first round status.

So what you're saying that anytime a team gets into the redzone or is in a 3rd and short situation that no matter who is in there they will score/get first down? I don't agree, it takes a tough determined runner to grind those out, because most of the time the box is going to be stacked against an obvious run play. Yes Ballard and Bradshaw can do it as well not discounting them.

Don't really care about individual stats or YPC, if you do that's great. I care about our TEAM scoring touchdowns and winning games, regardless of who does it.

William Perry could pound it in from the goal line. Ditka wasnt gonna put him in at 3rd and 4.

Dismissing ypc .....

So if Luck has to throw the ball every play until you get inside the 3 yard line then you think that would lead to success ?

Thats worth a first round pick ? Blount had more touchdowns against us in the playoffs then Richardson did all season. Its all situational.

If you dont get in the right situation then Richardson is useless.

We seem to play from behind am awful lot, which makes Richardson even more useless. If you are down 14 late in the 3rd you really dont want to pick up 2.9 yards every time you hand your guy the ball. You want to still have some runs to keep the defense honest, but you also need to pick up yards and score.

If you have the lead then once again you want a runner who can pick up yards and keep long drives alive, a 3 and out gives the opponent a chance to score and get back in the game.

Situational touchdowns vs game management.

You can't make a game plan involving the run game if your runningback can't actually break off any runs.

Are you gonna be in more situations where you need yards then goal line scores ? Yes.

Richardson doesnt help Luck it actually hurts him. He has a guy who can't pick up yards, that means more throwing, which means more forcing the ball and more incompletions and interceptions.

The defense isnt gonna respect Richardson, there is no need , he doesnt have big play capability. Send the pass rush and let the middle linebacker deal with Trent, he will dance and wait for the guy. Even of he gets passed the linebacker, he isnt fast, he is not gonna break off a 20 yard run.

He is a situational player at best, and he isnt worth a 10th of what we gave for him.

I have to admit I respect your passion even if it is fueled by hate! Your break down makes sense for the most part except for when you say defenses do not respect Richardson, I disagree. Just like in Cleveland they stack the box any time he comes out their meaning it's going to be an obvious run play most of the time. And if that does turn out to be the case next year then hopefully if Richardson gets it together he will be able to exploit that for a a while. I agree it is all situational.

My prediction is T-Rich gets the nod, and we will see Ballard and Bradshaw early and often.  I say we keep Rainey and/or Herron for special teams play.

We will know if he is not our guy with our new line to be....hopefully better. :)  I still see a RB by committee.  We have three tough guys to run it.