Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caldwell's Coaching

scorptile

The game was not out of control at that point. It was only 20-0 very early in the third quarter and there was no reason trying to get all crazy and go for it on 4th down like the game was on the line.

Holy crap you did not just type that. That has to be a typo!

To say the game was not out of control at 20-0 is utterly dumb. I'm sorry, but it is. When has the offense, less Manning, shown that it is capable of putting up 20 points in a half? When? I want to know.

Newsflash for you Trueblue, the game was very much on the line. In less of course, you already conceded defeat at that point, which is obviously what caldwell did prior to taking the field today.

I would like to know when a game has been on the line with 10:00 minutes left in the third quarter. By your statement I would say that it is YOU, not me, who had already conceded defeat.

I never admitted to having any faith in the offense's ability to put up 20 points in a half without Manning this year, but to think you need to go for it on a 4th and 3 with that much time left in the game, with an offense that ALWAYS struggles in close yardage situations...WITH OR WITHOUT PEYTON MANNING...is ludicrous at best. Kicking the field goal was not only 3 points on the board, but a little bit of a confidence booster as well. If they had went for it and failed do you really think they would have scored the TD later? Doubt it.

Take it easy Coach...I'm sure they'd be 8-0 with you at the helm.

And btw, if you're going to insult somebody and call them "dumb," at least have the foresight to check your own grammar first.

Yeah I did.

20-0 is not completely out of control when it's that early in the third quarter. Lots of teams have come back from worse than that in less time before. Any competent coach would have kicked the fieldgoal there.

Yeah they have, that's because they kicked it up and adjusted (something we don't do). They took chances and played aggressive (something we don't do) Most people count a team out after 21-0.

The front office absolutely loves you fans that think that it is the coaches fault.

what???

Answer me this, If it's not the coaches fault, who's fault is it?

If it's not the coaches then it has to be the Polians, who put this garbage team together. It's one or the other, there's is no other answer.

what???

Answer me this, If it's not the coaches fault, who's fault is it?

If it's not the coaches then it has to be the Polians, who put this garbage team together. It's one or the other, there's is no other answer.

Caldwell: we all know why

Coyer: scheme sucks, and he refuses to make adjustments

ST Coach (however you spell his name): ST has sucked for years!

Polians: for drafting and putting this team together.

Oh how the times have changed. Two weeks ago people were jumping up left and right to defend Caldwell, saying how he lead us to the SB, and got us to the playoffs the next year. Now.......everyone wants his head on a stick. SMH You know, some of us knew Caldwell was a bad coach before the SB.

Well said...

Oh how the times have changed. Two weeks ago people were jumping up left and right to defend Caldwell, saying how he lead us to the SB, and got us to the playoffs the next year. Now.......everyone wants his head on a stick. SMH You know, some of us knew Caldwell was a bad coach before the SB.

I think it was only a few people that posted the same thing 5,000 times, which makes it look like more than there really was.

I agree.. Not sure what its going to take but this is down right embarrassing..

Any competent coach would have kicked the fieldgoal there.

You trying to tell me Belichick would've kicked a field goal in that situation? They have absolutely nothing to lose at this point, why kick a field goal? They shouldn't even bother punting at this point...

Game was over before it started.

Jim Caldwell's loss record is quickly catching up with his win record as a coach.

I am going to have to go to Stubhub once again and lower my ticket prices cause traveling from MS to watch these games is not worth it.

Where's that guy who was glad the team was losing so he could get cheap tickets to the games? He got his wish.

You trying to tell me Belichick would've kicked a field goal in that situation? They have absolutely nothing to lose at this point, why kick a field goal? They shouldn't even bother punting at this point...

I honestly can't say what BB would have done in that situation. He makes some pretty kooky decisions in games. The smart thing to do would be kick the field goal. I already explained why in an earlier post. Try reading it.

And just because the Colts are 0-8 they should just throw everything out the window? Seriously....not punting? Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys even watch football games.

Edited by Truebluefan85

Lord, help the Colts. That`s it, there is nothing else left. All of Indy needs to get together and Pray for our Colts.

Ok i understand BEING A TRUE FAN, But if you can sit behind a keyboard a support any coach on this staff, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.NOTHING

I think it was only a few people that posted the same thing 5,000 times, which makes it look like more than there really was.

I understand but it was more than those few people who were Caldwell supporters. It just so happen those few people you are talking about were the most active.

8 penalties in the first half. An atrocious special teams and has been for years. A defensive scheme that is ineffective. Donald Brown at the goal line. A secondary that couldn't cover my grandmother. No second half adjustments....Where does the list end?! Absolutely pathetic...Special Teams and Defensive coaches need to go NOW! Caldwell can wait until seasons end and then we add strength and conditioning staff to that list, as well.

:cuss: :cuss:

I'm saying if PM is playing we don't notice he is not a good coach.

I understand that totally. Manning covers all his mistakes, but since he is not out there, we can finally see how bad Caldwell really is. I really wish Manning would come out and say something about this to the media.

I understand that totally. Manning covers all his mistakes, but since he is not out there, we can finally see how bad Caldwell really is. I really wish Manning would come out and say something about this to the media.

Peyton knows the coach of this team is meaningless when he is playing.If he said anything,half the country would be on his back saying he was selfish,not a team player,a malcontent.I remember when he called out the OLINE in 05 when they choked against Pittsburgh in the playoffs for sucking and immediately the airwaves were full of peytonhaters.