Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anquan Boldin was THE biggest reason the Ravens won the SB

chad72

I said it when the Ravens let him go, I will say it again now.

Anquan Boldin is a man among men and was singularly THE biggest reason the Ravens won the SB. Flacco could throw it up for grabs and no one could yank it away from Boldin throughout that playoff run.

I am seeing signs again. Terrible mistake from the Ravens. Dennis Pitta can only do so much in the middle.

If the 49ers go in and beat the Panthers and then the Seahawks, Boldin will be a BIG factor again.

Boldin will be a free agent after this season maybe the Colts should sign him. 

I wouldn't be opposed to, frankly. If we have both Wayne and Boldin, that experience and route running alone underneath will move the chains against the best of defenses and every once in a while T.Y. and the younger guns can take the top off.

Agreed 100%. Usually it's the QB who makes his receivers look good, but Anquin Bolden made Joe Flacco look good. That's why when I heard Flacco would be the highest paid QB in the league, I about puked. Flacco did nothing other than lob it deep to Bolden and Bolden e-v-e-r-y single time would come down with it. Flacco didn't do anything. I could have thrown it just as well as Flacco could, because it's Bolden who puts in the work. I just close my eyes and throw.

Ravens got robbed only getting a 6th round pick back

They were going to cut him so a six was better than nothing. In hindsight, the trade was a complete gaffe. I can't really defend it. I like Anquan, he was certainly a major part of the Super Bowl win. He is a great hard-nosed player . I wish the Ravens would get him back next year, but those things generally don't happen. Ozzie and Harbaugh goofed, but they at least sent him to a winning team. You can't get them all right.

Agreed 100%. Usually it's the QB who makes his receivers look good, but Anquin Bolden made Joe Flacco look good. That's why when I heard Flacco would be the highest paid QB in the league, I about puked. Flacco did nothing other than lob it deep to Bolden and Bolden e-v-e-r-y single time would come down with it. Flacco didn't do anything. I could have thrown it just as well as Flacco could, because it's Bolden who puts in the work. I just close my eyes and throw.

Too simplistic. You forgot about Rice, Torrey Smith, Pitta, and Jacoby Jones. The offensive line was decent , and Joe had 11 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in the playoffs. Most of those weapons were gone, and the line sucked, so Joe struggled.

When Flacco does not complete 60+ % of his passes to any other WR/TE except Boldin where he was close to 65%, that is proof enough to me.

Go routes and 9 routes with Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones, underneath with Boldin and Pitta. When everything fails, throw it up to Boldin.

I will give Ravens fans this much, no one came close to touching Flacco consistently in the playoff run and the O-line shut down the likes of Von Miller, Dumervil, Freeney, Mathis etc. pretty handily. So, O-line and Boldin were a big part of that playoff run, I will agree.