Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Run The Ball

mz1888

We are averaging 4.3 yards a carry this year. That is the first time we are averaging over 4 yards a carry since 2006. Delone Carter is looking better and better every week, and the line has been run blocking very well. The titans defense is giving up Over a 120 yards rushing a game at over 4 yards per carry. If addai is healthy great him and Carter should get 15 carriers a piece, if not hopefully Carter will get over 20, time to stick with what's been working......

Maybe Brown finally kicked it into gear. I remember I think it was the Chiefs game where he whiffed on that block and Painter got drilled. If that happened to Manning he would have gotten an ear full and some more.

Edited by ssarow

Addai doesnt need to be back next year, he's injury prone and the way carter is progressing with both running and blocking he should get be the starter with brown as the backup and evans behind him.. the colts should definitely make the titans game a running game because the titans are not high powered at all.

Brown has played decently, but he has only gotten a handful of snaps. Is this our best case scenario with Brown? He has a statistically solid year, boosting his trade value, then we trade him away?

I believe you're on to something. It would be sweet to package this fella for resale.

I agree with you completely. I don't understand why we just don't run more. That will give Painter more options when he does throw. I don't understand that this year or probably the last five years. We seem to give up on running so easily, even in games where it is obviously working very well.

Brown has played decently, but he has only gotten a handful of snaps. Is this our best case scenario with Brown? He has a statistically solid year, boosting his trade value, then we trade him away?

his trade value has gone from a chicken salad sandwich to a bucket of chicken wings.....

i was going to make a topic about this last week, but then i remembered something. there have been instances of us having to get away from the run. we have turnovers in the exact worse place. and that sets up the other team for a short field and eventually, because we cant stop anyone, a score. so in the coaches infinite wisdom, and because he is scared, we decide to ditch the run for painter messing up the no huddle offense, instead of sticking with something that was working, and the one thing that is going to help our defense, by the offense staying on the field. i wish we would just stick with the run and some short to intermediate passes, and milking the clock to give or defense some time to sit, because i really felt sorry for them.