Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers back in the fold might change NFC playoffs

chad72

Let us say the following happen:

Packers beat Bears, Eagles beat Cowboys, Cardinals beat 49ers, Saints beat Buccaneers, Panthers beat Falcons, Seahawks beat Rams

That would leave the NFC seedings as follows:

1. Seahawks

2. Panthers

3. Eagles

4. Packers

5. Saints (tie-breaker over 49ers)

6. 49ers

It could end up with #1 Seahawks vs #6 49ers and #2 Panthers vs #4 Packers thus leading to a Seahawks vs Packers NFCCG (replay of the Replacement Ref game), IMO.

Heck, if the 49ers upset the Seahawks, Packers could host the NFCCG and a re-match of game 1 of the regular season because I think the Packers can beat both the Saints at home and Panthers on the road with Rodgers.

Thoughts???

It sucks how a 10+ win Cardinals team might miss the playoffs.  But I guess that's the NFL life.  Even with Rodgers, I don't think the Packers will make that much noise in the playoffs unless they fix their defense.  Their offense will be fine with Rodgers and Lacy (though a little improved OL play wouldn't hurt), but their defense isn't scaring anyone.

Odds favor the Pack, Jay Cutler is like 1-890 vs. GB or something absurd like that.

But, Rodgers COULD be rusty for a while on the road. And Clay Matthews is out again I believe with the thumb thing. Which, is a problem. I am not sure though if he is out for just this game or long term if they make the playoffs.

Okay so assuming the Packers win.....lets try to start a NEW pattern. :) The last two teams who had a tied regular season game and also made the playoffs went on a run. 2008 Eagles to the NFCCG and 2012 49ers to the Super Bowl.

On a side note, I am curious to see how the Saints bounce back. I know it is in NO but the Bucs have given them trouble over the years and already did this season in a close one.