Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Closer Look at the Colts Offensive Line

HarassedOffTheSite

You are correct. Coaches (and I am a coach) are traditionally a stubborn group. That's why I hate to see posts that say that the coach always knows better because he's the one paid to do the job. That just is not true. If it were, Tom Brady would have been chosen higher than the 6th round and played sooner. Many other examples. And it's not always that the coach doesn't see what needs to be done, but a coach can be very stubborn sticking with his ways. So yes, I agree with you. It's apparent that we are better with Satele out at center and as bad as McGlynn is at guard (honestly one of the worst I have ever seen), McGlynn does better at center than Satele and the whole line seems at least somewhat better.

You are correct. Coaches (and I am a coach) are traditionally a stubborn group. That's why I hate to see posts that say that the coach always knows better because he's the one paid to do the job. That just is not true. If it were, Tom Brady would have been chosen higher than the 6th round and played sooner. Many other examples. And it's not always that the coach doesn't see what needs to be done, but a coach can be very stubborn sticking with his ways. So yes, I agree with you. It's apparent that we are better with Satele out at center and as bad as McGlynn is at guard (honestly one of the worst I have ever seen), McGlynn does better at center than Satele and the whole line seems at least somewhat better.

Thornton, Reitz, and Link all didn't practice yesterday, last I checked. Satele did. If Satele ends up starting at center and McGlynn at guard this weekend, it's very doubtful that it will because the coaches are stupider than all of us. Satele at center and McGlynn at guard is still better than McGlynn at center and, like, DHB at guard or something.

Thornton, Reitz, and Link all didn't practice yesterday, last I checked. Satele did. If Satele ends up starting at center and McGlynn at guard this weekend, it's very doubtful that it will because the coaches are stupider than all of us. Satele at center and McGlynn at guard is still better than McGlynn at center and, like, DHB at guard or something.

Well Satele is practicing today and the other 3 aren't. So unless Holmes is finally gonna get a shot we are going to see Satele at center again this week unfortunately.