Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Colts / Colts Opponent Analysis

jskinnz

I said this in a thread a few weeks ago, but thought it worth another mention. By far, the best analysis of all things Colts and their upcoming opponent is Rick Venturi. He is on JMV's show in Indy on Monday's at 5PM and on Dakich's show every Wednesday. He may even do some stuff on 1260 too. If you did not know, he is former HC and coordinator in the league.

If you can't listen live, find a podcast. He provides insight from a coaches perspective that is without bias and is filled with information.

From today's segment with Dakich.

* Griff Whalen is a non-factor. Calls him a Walmart guy - someone you can get off the street at any time.

* Toler coming back is huge. Calls him a shutdown CB just below Vontae's level. Sorry Gavin...

* Interesting comments on player vs. scheme. You can scheme all you want, but in the end it is all about players who need to beat the guy in front of them.

* Said Arizona is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. Did say they have huge weakness on the oline.

Anyway, find him. You will be a much smarter Colts & NFL fan if you do.

Toler is a very good athlete...In that respect he is as good as Vontae...Right now that's where it ends, He is better then Vaughn without a doubt but still has not proven to be a #2 in my opinion

Who in the league is a good #2 in your opinion?

Toler is a very good athlete...In that respect he is as good as Vontae...Right now that's where it ends, He is better then Vaughn without a doubt but still has not proven to be a #2 in my opinion

Umm, who believe here?

A guy who actually was employed by several teams in the league or a coach/GM wannabe on a message board.

Torn...

I just upgraded to All 23 and it has some nice improvements. The players look into the camera and admit their blown assignments.

Seriously, no team has a definitive position player at every position. That would make them perfect and there would be no matchup advantages. Besides, if Revis is a #1, then there aren't but maybe 2 or 3 of those in the league. So, there is no real standard to say who is and who isn't. If you are saying they are the 2 best corners on our team then Toler would fit the description of a 2 and Davis a 1.

giphy.gif

Aren't we all basically just wannabe GM's on here?

Not at all. At least I don't feel that way.

But the larger point is there is a guy who was employed at the highest coaching levels of the league and offering unbiased breakdown of the Colts directly refuting a drum that Gavin has been beating since Sept - whose opinion carries more weight?

Not at all. At least I don't feel that way.

But the larger point is there is a guy who was employed at the highest coaching levels of the league and offering unbiased breakdown of the Colts directly refuting a drum that Gavin has been beating since Sept - whose opinion carries more weight?

We are all entitled to our opinions. I happen to enjoy a little perspective from all sorts of people. Whether they are GM's, a dude on a couch, or some ding dong on an internet forum like me. 

y3Yxr.gif

We are all entitled to our opinions. I happen to enjoy a little perspective from all sorts of people. Whether they are GM's, a dude on a couch, or some ding dong on an internet forum like me. 

y3Yxr.gif

Don't recall saying that people were not entitled to their opinions. Ever. But there are some opinions that are just simply wrong. And there are others whose opinions I value and others, well not so much.

I said this in a thread a few weeks ago, but thought it worth another mention. By far, the best analysis of all things Colts and their upcoming opponent is Rick Venturi. He is on JMV's show in Indy on Monday's at 5PM and on Dakich's show every Wednesday. He may even do some stuff on 1260 too. If you did not know, he is former HC and coordinator in the league.

If you can't listen live, find a podcast. He provides insight from a coaches perspective that is without bias and is filled with information.

From today's segment with Dakich.

* Griff Whalen is a non-factor. Calls him a Walmart guy - someone you can get off the street at any time.

* Toler coming back is huge. Calls him a shutdown CB just below Vontae's level. Sorry Gavin...

* Interesting comments on player vs. scheme. You can scheme all you want, but in the end it is all about players who need to beat the guy in front of them.

* Said Arizona is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. Did say they have huge weakness on the oline.

Anyway, find him. You will be a much smarter Colts & NFL fan if you do.

I finally got the podcast, thanks for the recommendation.  But after listening to his analysis, I fear WE'RE DOOMED!  DOOMED, I TELL YA!!!

All joking aside, he painted a strong picture of the Cardinals strengths.

I finally got the podcast, thanks for the recommendation.  But after listening to his analysis, I fear WE'RE DOOMED!  DOOMED, I TELL YA!!!

He always kinda paints it that way

But he also spoke about their weaknesses, glaring as they are. O'line and an uncertain Palmer.

Don't recall saying that people were not entitled to their opinions. Ever. But there are some opinions that are just simply wrong. And there are others whose opinions I value and others, well not so much.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:  "Opinions are like (rear ends).  Everyone has one, and most of them stink."

But he also spoke about their weaknesses, glaring as they are. O'line and an uncertain Palmer.

Right.  We should be able to put some pressure on Palmer.  Unless Sowell turns all pro over night.  He did list a lot of  'ambien' players, mostly on their D.  Yes, I know they're statistically good and they certainly have playmakers on O and D.

But I just looked at their last three wins and you could make a case that they weren't exactly premier opponents.  5 wins between the three of them.  Going to be a good test for us.

Give me some time Ill let ya know rather the just name a well known #2 Corner, I haven't watched much of other teams games consistently

I don't want to put words in Jason's mouth but I can tell you that I am on pins and needles waiting for you to complete your film study.

Guest TeamLoloJones

ok what about last year?  Do you have any opinions on who the better #2 CB 's were last year?

If you want my opinion (you might not) but here goes.  The #2 corners I would say are better players than Toler (not accounting for scheme)  Tim Jennings,  Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Sean Smith, Brandon Browner,  Janoris Jenkins, and Jason McCourty.

So I'd put Toler inside the top 10 for #2 corners in the NFL.

If you want my opinion (you might not) but here goes.  The #2 corners I would say are better players than Toler (not accounting for scheme)  Tim Jennings,  Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Sean Smith, Brandon Browner,  Janoris Jenkins, and Jason McCourty.

So I'd put Toler inside the top 10 for #2 corners in the NFL.

Jenkins? That guys gets burnt more than marshmallows at a campfire.

No. Unless ur counting interceptions where his receiver fell down or his man cuts right and the QB throws left.

What Int did his wr actually fall down on cause I just went over all of his int's and they did not fall down 1 time last year or this year, Now was there a bad throw or two? sure but Jenkins made some great int's