Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not Looking Forward To Seeing This Come Around

coltsdan

What a great idea letting him sit and do nothing on our practice squad. He was only the CFL Defensive Player of the Year and he shined in pre season last year. It was much better to have Jerry Hughes on the 53 man roster and be inactive for the majority of the games. And so this year Chick gets fed up of inactivity and goes elsewhere, gets a chance to play and does very well. Another brilliant move by the coaching staff and front office. Kinda like right now. Let's have Gonzo on the squad, do nothing in the way of playing and have the worst return game in the league. While we have an actual returner in Gilreath on the practice squad. We are averaging under TWO YARDS on punt returns and under 20 yards on kick returns. Will someone please inform our coaches, front office and owner that our special teams are a joke.

But I do wish John Chick the best. We're just stupid for not giving him a chance.

I really wish Chick could have stayed with us. We better hope our tackles are healthy when we play the Jags because we all know those will be revenge games for Chick.

Why would they be revenge games? The Colts offered him a spot on the practice squad. He passed up the offer for a spot on the Jags practice squad instead.....and then got bumped up to the active roster. It's not like the Colts cut him outright. They offered him the same position that the Jags did, but he chose the Jags because he thought he would have a better chance of making the active roster with the Jags....and he was right. I don't see that as cause for revenge, though. If it weren't for his preseason time with the Colts, there is a good chance that he wouldn't even be playing in the NFL.