Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't think us Colts fans don't know how to deal with losses...

bap1331

Being a wee bit older, I can take the bad loses in my stride. But at first it was hard, then I learned about cooking a nice meal after to take away the pain. I started with Cat Pie, then Hamster Stew. I knocked up a good Dog Goulash after the Billy Volek loss, and a brilliant Goldfish Stroganoff when we blew the Jets game. Yep, cooking is the answer......now where has that parrot gone....

It died, I'll take it back to the shop Monday. 

Personally, I cherish every win, because I know what the dark days were like. 8 of our first 15 seasons in Indianapolis were losing seasons, 2 seasons we went 8-8, and we won 9 games 5 times. We did not have a double digit winning season until year 16 in Indianapolis (Peyton's second season). In my first 15 years as a Colts fan, I watched the Colts have 4 wins or less 6 times.

These days I think about those days a lot.........The days when after every loss we'd shake it off and say "NEXT TIME!"

That's a big part of what made winning XLI such an amazing experience. All those years..........finally rewarded

And then I think about something someone once wrote about being a cubs fan.  There is a camaraderie there.......being a fan no matter how long it's been since they won it all.

The thesis of the article was that once they finally do win..........they will never again recapture that unity.

I think that applies to many colts fans

Winning is like a drug. Once you've had it, that's all you want

Accept no substitutes

Go through withdrawal when you don't get it

These days I think about those days a lot.........The days when after every loss we'd shake it off and say "NEXT TIME!"

That's a big part of what made winning XLI such an amazing experience. All those years..........finally rewarded

And then I think about something someone once wrote about being a cubs fan.  There is a camaraderie there.......being a fan no matter how long it's been since they won it all.

The thesis of the article was that once they finally do win..........they will never again recapture that unity.

I think that applies to many colts fans

Winning is like a drug. Once you've had it, that's all you want

Accept no substitutes

Go through withdrawal when you don't get it

Nah. This is a family, wins or not. I experienced it when I came over, and I'll never forget it. I'm so lucky my dad called me that day, and said, "watch the Colts, they've got this guy called Peyton Manning, he's pretty good". He passed away last Friday, and I've just arrived back from Scotland after laying him to rest. He was a great dad, and a good judge of QB!

RIP.

I'm a Colt for life, even if we never win another game.

Nah. This is a family, wins or not. I experienced it when I came over, and I'll never forget it. I'm so lucky my dad called me that day, and said, "watch the Colts, they've got this guy called Peyton Manning, he's pretty good". He passed away last Friday, and I've just arrived back from Scotland after laying him to rest. He was a great dad, and a good judge of QB!

RIP.

I'm sorry for you loss, it doesn't seem right to be paraphrasing surreal comedy after ready this :(

RIP.

Sorry for your loss. I can only echo your sentiment, well said.

RIP.

There is absolutely nothing like a home game and being in Indy when the colts are in town

It's awesome

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Did he dad go with you?  

I don't panic.

After loss:

1. Be upset with teams performance.

2. Pick out the Good/find silver lining

3. Pick out and analyze the bad.

4. Think of possible adjustments.

5. Expect better next week and drop it.

lol most of your #4 remarks are trent in a bust and bench DHB with no knowing possible replacements

lol most of your #4 remarks are trent in a bust and bench DHB with no knowing possible replacements

Hmmmm don't think I've ever called Trent a bust, just saying he is not playing well. I'm glad that our coach gave brown the most opportunities because he works in this system.

Also i dont think ive ever said to bench dhb, but if i did than id love for you to find it and show to me.

When we started using Trent as a blocker/3rd down back and not an all down runner that Is when we started Winning, same with putting dhb know the bench.

So I'll just sit here and wait for you to find where I said Trent is a bust or where to bench dhb (not sure about that one but I could be wrong).

Hmmmm don't think I've ever called Trent a bust, just saying he is not playing well. I'm glad that our coach gave brown the most opportunities because he works in this system.

Also i dont think ive ever said to bench dhb, but if i did than id love for you to find it and show to me.

When we started using Trent as a blocker/3rd down back and not an all down runner that Is when we started Winning, same with putting dhb know the bench.

So I'll just sit here and wait for you to find where I said Trent is a bust or where to bench dhb (not sure about that one but I could be wrong).

o0k i was wrong, it was someone else, we just make comments on some of the same topics so i just made a simple mistake, im sorry

There are some people who see one bad play, and go nuclear with there belief that the team is going to lose. However... for the most part we Colts fans handle ourselves well. Aside the immediate fire (insert player's name here) threads following games. You must be humble in both victory as well as in defeat.

Personally, I cherish every win, because I know what the dark days were like. 8 of our first 15 seasons in Indianapolis were losing seasons, 2 seasons we went 8-8, and we won 9 games 5 times. We did not have a double digit winning season until year 16 in Indianapolis (Peyton's second season). In my first 15 years as a Colts fan, I watched the Colts have 4 wins or less 6 times.

^This. Back then, I was just happy that a team decided to come here.

I would also say if you want perspective on the Colt fans on our forum, just go to NFL web site, click on the John Martin story and read the crude unthinking responses of the fans there. Compare to those fans, Colt fans are saints.

I think the same people post on the ESPN site as well. It's amazing to me what some people will say behind the anonymity of a computer screen.