Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

November 24th Pats - Broncos

Snowglobe

apparently we are about to be buried in Manning-Brady retrospectives..

word is NBC has been working on features for this game since the schedule came out..

and this surprises you, Why....???   ;)    :scratch:

It's better than all the recent Thug stories....    I like when Happy and Good can be newsworthy, personally.

...and this doesn't surprise me......The point is....   

.....NBC also had Denver-KC showdown as well and while they built it up... that was a recent production..it was NOT on the original schedule...

...I suspect .NBC knows that Sunday night NFL schedule has more dogs than the Westminster Dog Show

... the suggestion is that Sunday you will see a piece or 2 that have been in  production since August and September..

..which was a gamble since there was never any guarantee that either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would play this Sunday

With the Carolina loss, this becomes a very important game for NE in getting the #2 seed. (Or still possibly #1)

The game is important for Denver, too.....but I'd say the second KC game much more so. Even if Denver falls to NE as long as they beat KC twice they can control their own destiny for the #1 seed. With NE at 7-3 Denver and KC both have a bit more breathing room.

If NE drops it, it will help us out big time in getting a 2 seed as well. Same record for now but can't rely on strength of schedule/tie breakers yadda yadda since we don't have a head to head with NE.

Should be a great game.

With the Carolina loss, this becomes a very important game for NE in getting the #2 seed. (Or still possibly #1)

The game is important for Denver, too.....but I'd say the second KC game much more so. Even if Denver falls to NE as long as they beat KC twice they can control their own destiny for the #1 seed. With NE at 7-3 Denver and KC both have a bit more breathing room.

If NE drops it, it will help us out big time in getting a 2 seed as well. Same record for now but can't rely on strength of schedule/tie breakers yadda yadda since we don't have a head to head with NE.

Should be a great game.

Don't forget the Colts still have KC to play and at Cincy. And Arizona on road will be a tough game as well.

NE's schedule after Denver is full of cupcakes.

Should be a great game.

Denver has 4 winnable games (Oak, Houston, Tennessee and SD) after the second KC game...13-3 is probably their floor

KC may lose to SD Sunday....that's not a good matchup for them

The Pats can win all their final 6 (Denver, Houston, Cleveland,. Miami Baltimore and Buffalo) 13-3 is their ceiling but a very possible ceiling.

Its very hard to see the Colts or KC finishing at 13-3 since the go head-to-head on Dec. 22.......KC plays 3 of their last 4 on the road

Don't forget the Colts still have KC to play and at Cincy. And Arizona on road will be a tough game as well.

Pretty much. Like I said the Patriots aren't out of the #1 seed race yet...I'd say they get a #2 at worst given Indy's schedule. It's hard to picture both KC and Denver falling apart at #1, but it could happen.

Denver has 4 winnable games (Oak, Houston, Tennessee and SD) after the second KC game...13-3 is probably their floor

KC may lose to SD Sunday....that's not a good matchup for them

The Pats can win all their final 6 (Denver, Houston, Cleveland,. Miami Baltimore and Buffalo) 13-3 is their ceiling but a very possible ceiling.

Its very hard to see the Colts or KC finishing at 13-3 since the go head-to-head on Dec. 22.......KC plays 3 of their last 4 on the road

I don't think KC has played SD yet and still has two games against them - I might be wrong, though. Rivers is a solid QB who might very well be able to get past that D. The Patriots beating Denver and winning out isn't a stretch. Indy, well, we have our work cut out for us if we want a #2 seed.

We'll need a lot of help/3 good teams to collapse if we want that #1 spot on top of us playing lights out.

Since the Marino-Kelly rivalry by virtue of being in the same division (they played each other 21 times :woah: ), this Brady-Manning rivalry is the best that football has, bar none. Peyton winning his SB by going past Brady in the playoffs established it as a true rivalry, IMO.

True but we tend to do better vs. better teams then cupcakes it seems this year so far. :thmup:

And you never know when a cupcake on NE's schedule will rise up and smother them with frosting. :D

Personally I would love to see this game end in a tie. A cold and windy looooong game ending in a tie. We had a tie last year in a game but not one yet this season. :applause: I would at least love to see OT.....

Game time temp is 18 with a wind chill of 15-20 which means the real temp will be right around zero degrees all night. We'll see if Manning's arm and ankle holds up. After halftime will be the real test when his body cools down and then has to come back out into the cold/wind.

ah it's been awhile since I've seen a low temp game. I think that Tenn game a few years back still has the record. When AV was accused of warming the ball :)