Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dominique Jones

TheJACKCOLT

I don't understand why we cut Jones, I have really been impressed by his blocking from both the FB and TE position. He is very athletic for a man his size, runs well after the catch. He had one of the best games, blocking wise, as I've ever seen by a Colts TE against the 49ers. I thought he had played very well. I just don't understand why we cut him.

With teams having some injuries at the TE position, I would not be surprised to see Jones snatced up this time.  One of the tweets yesterday mentioned Sheffler from Minn being available.  I am not a big fan of signing him.

My 'gut' tells me Roster Moves will show up on my screen again very soon....something is brewing at W. 56 St....or a Grigson cell phone near you!!!  :)

We still ave Justice Cunningham on the PS, and he looked pretty good in the preseason...blocking needs to improve and needs some good experience. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

I believe it was a combination of Doyle, Havili, and Harvey. Doyle was praised by Pagano as a hammer. Harvey is versatile as a LB, ST and blocking FB. Havili is a sound receiver and blocker.

Harvey makes some mistakes at his various position, but it is NEVER for a lack of trying.  Kid has a serious motor!!

Agreed we should have kept hm. In San Fran game, he was the one to open up holes. Doesn't make sense. Linkenbach came in at guard, Jones mainly at FB, and we pounded it down their throat. Then it's right back to old lineup that deosn't work, satele, Mcglynn?? Can't run again???????????

I like Jones too, when he plays he just seems to get the job done! Maybe Doyle has more upside & has out played him in practice. I think we need 3 TE's on the squad though.I think he will go to practice squad, and was cut because we needed a CB due too injuries!

If I'm reading the PS rules correctly (which I very well may not be....are there any lawyers in the house that can sift through all of the clauses and exceptions? Lol) then I don't think Jones would be eligible to go back to the PS:

• A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.  (Jones has played in 6 games this season so that would count as an accrued season)
  • If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games. (Jones has played in a total of 10 regular season games for the Colts....6 this year and 4 last year)
  • A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
  • Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times.