Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boomstick punting

TubaGuy

Last night, I noticed something about Pat's punting over the last few games.  He has two distinctive "styles" to his punts.  In his first two punts last night, he took 3 distinctive steps to the right before he kicked.  I don't know whether he perceived pressure coming from his left (it didn't happen) or something else.  He has also done this a few times over the past few weeks.  Literally every time he does this, he tends to shank the ball for a short punt.  I specifically mentioned it to those around me in my section.  After those 1st 2 punts, he went back to stepping straight forward on his punts.  The result?? BOOM!!!  So my question is...is the stepping to the right intentional or something he doesn't even know he is doing?  If intentional, was it at the suggestion of the ST coach, or something he tried on his own?  Whatever the reason...DON'T DO IT ANY MORE!!!  Go back to the stepping straight ahead, and BOOM those kicks!!

Mcafee made up for those shanks with his performance late in the game, and the hit on Holliday was pretty sweet. Ive noticed the little move he does to the left pre snap, it looks like hes getting an angle to see where the pressure is coming from so they can pick it up because he goes right back to behind the long snapper after 1-2 seconds. He should stop thinking so much and just BOOM it.

Don't know how old you are, or if you ever saw this, but this was the best by a Colt's punter...especially because it was on Deion. McAfee's hit was awesome though..

Nice wrap up tackle, but doesn't really compare to PattyMac's Bob Sanders impression.

Don't know how old you are, or if you ever saw this, but this was the best by a Colt's punter...especially because it was on Deion. McAfee's hit was awesome though..

Loved this!  They always give Deion crap on NFL network about this.  He gets soooo mad.  Only thing that really rattles him.  I would have to bring that up if I ever see Deion, since he has been a lifelong Colt hater...

Loved this!  They always give Deion crap on NFL network about this.  He gets soooo mad.  Only thing that really rattles him.  I would have to bring that up if I ever see Deion, since he has been a lifelong Colt hater...

He seems to get rattled whenever the colts are brought up, his hatred for the horseshoe is funny to say the least...