Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are Chargers legit team? AFC West best division in football?

amfootball

That is too simple. They won the division the last two years. There is something else going on.

And the roster is theoretically better as well. It is a head scratcher. But so is the fact that the Falcons only have one win as good as they are and were projected to be, and why the Giants are still winless...

And the roster is theoretically better as well. It is a head scratcher. But so is the fact that the Falcons only have one win as good as they are and were projected to be, and why the Giants are still winless...

I think the Giants Dline deteriorated in a hurry and their Oline is horrible too. No run game as well. They have major personnel issues to go along with Eli's horrific play. Same can be said of the Steelers. Just not enough talent this year to be competitive.

But you are right about the Falcons and Texans. Both are head scratchers. I guess it shows you just how hard it is to win football games season to season.

I think the Giants Dline deteriorated in a hurry and their Oline is horrible too. No run game as well. They have major personnel issues to go along with Eli's horrific play. Same can be said of the Steelers. Just not enough talent this year to be competitive.

But you are right about the Falcons and Texans. Both are head scratchers. I guess it shows you just how hard it is to win football games season to season.

Yep...but thankfully the AFC is the AFC and the season can never be over this early for anyone. I think the Falcons will have a harder time in the NFC, and the Giants as well, when Griffin gets rolling and since the Cowboys are playing to win.

Yet u can pick Denver apart as they are 32 Vs the pass but up there Vs the run

We have historically done very well against Peyton (if you skip last year's humiliating second half collapse... at HOME... *deep sigh*) but our secondary just sucks wind.  I'd love to be a giant killer this year but am keeping my hopes well in check.  I just don't see it.

Believe it or not, the year we were 4-8 and Denver was up 4 games I just *knew* with all my being that we could pull it out.  But we had a good D then.  Same the year we were 2-3 and won 11 games in a row only to fold at home against the Jets (uuuuggghhh!)  

It isn't easy being a Charger fan ;-)

Hey there, good to see ya! Hope all is good.  ;)

Hi, GoPats;

Frankly, I had forgotten about this message board until this week - it's been a good busy year for my business so I haven't hung around much in forums.  I love this MB though, it's the best discussion I find anywhere.

Your guys' comeback this week was absolutely amazing.  My tivo blew the recording or I would have watched it again. 

Audrey

Chargers beat the Colts, Broncos beat the Jags, Chiefs wipe out the Raiders...AFC West is the bestest division ever, all of them will make the playoffs since the Chargers beat the Colts.

Eh, the AFC west probably is the toughest division going. An argument can be made for the NFC North, but the vikings are so weak. The AFC East is no slouch either, but the jets and dolphins are gigantic mysteries week to week.

Theres a lot of weak teams this year, the chargers and raiders are probably two of the better wimpys as they can compete and have shots to win week to week.

Having 2 undefeateds in the same divsion helps too.

Hi, GoPats;

Frankly, I had forgotten about this message board until this week - it's been a good busy year for my business so I haven't hung around much in forums.  I love this MB though, it's the best discussion I find anywhere.

Your guys' comeback this week was absolutely amazing.  My tivo blew the recording or I would have watched it again. 

Audrey

Well if you had to be away I'm glad it was for good reasons! Hope it continues to be a good year.

Take care, drop in again soon!

Well if you had to be away I'm glad it was for good reasons! Hope it continues to be a good year.

Take care, drop in again soon!

I can only imagine the dynasty we'd have with Belichik ....For this reason I hate the Patriots but respect the heck out of them...I have to root for the Celtics after the Pacers of course now too, now that you guys have the basketball equivalent of Belichik after stealing him Brad Stevens Butler....

I can only imagine the dynasty we'd have with Belichik ....For this reason I hate the Patriots but respect the heck out of them...I have to root for the Celtics after the Pacers of course now too, now that you guys have the basketball equivalent of Belichik after stealing him Brad Stevens Butler....

I haven't heard much about Stevens... man they're not giving him much to work with though! I'm more of a hockey guy than a basketball guy but I have a good friend who works in the front office for the Celtics so I root/follow when I can. 

I haven't heard much about Stevens... man they're not giving him much to work with though! I'm more of a hockey guy than a basketball guy but I have a good friend who works in the front office for the Celtics so I root/follow when I can. 

Well, they have a great coach now and will be better than people think as long as Rondo is healthy..It will take them a few years but they will be back soon...

Well, they have a great coach now and will be better than people think as long as Rondo is healthy..It will take them a few years but they will be back soon...

Well with hoops you can turn things around with a couple of players or even just one if they're good enough, so... the trick here though is to not be TOO good early on, and hurt your chances with higher picks! No sense in being mediocre year-after-year, you've almost got to bottom out to rebound.

Cleveland sure feels the same way about their dynasty with the Hoodie!   :) (Yet he truly is a legend now)

Dungy was a great hire way back when.....the Tampa 2 was once a major defense to be reckoned with....not so much now with rules changes...

11-5 last year...4-2 so far this year....I think we are going to be just fine barring injuries to Andrew luck for many years to come.

Cleveland sure feels the same way about their dynasty with the Hoodie!   :) (Yet he truly is a legend now)

Dungy was a great hire way back when.....the Tampa 2 was once a major defense to be reckoned with....not so much now with rules changes...

11-5 last year...4-2 so far this year....I think we are going to be just fine barring injuries to Andrew luck for many years to come.

Belichik had the Browns in the AFC championship and they lost to Elway on his last minute drive or they would have went to the Super Bowl...If you get the Browns to the AFC title game that deserves immediate enshrinement in Canton...

Belichik had the Browns in the AFC championship and they lost to Elway on his last minute drive or they would have went to the Super Bowl...If you get the Browns to the AFC title game that deserves immediate enshrinement in Canton...

He was a failure in Cleveland....got run out of town.  He won 1 wild card game. 

" During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team. Coincidentally, his one playoff victory during his Browns tenure was achieved against the Patriots in the wild card round during this postseason. " 

As info...was not arguing with you....Bill is a legend.

Edited by BrentMc11

He was a failure in Cleveland....got run out of town.

He took them to the AFC Championship???? His attitude got him run out of town...Just like Cleveland to run the Greatest coach of all time out of town..The 6 years I lived there were the most miserable of my life! Every good player leaves that place as soon as they have the chance...

He took them to the AFC Championship???? His attitude got him run out of town...Just like Cleveland to run the Greatest coach of all time out of town..The 6 years I lived there were the most miserable of my life! Every good player leaves that place as soon as they have the chance...

See edit.

I loved Cleveland!  It was awful in the late 80s....cleaned up in the 90s...I like it.  Nothing like a 20 below zero wind chill off of Lake Eerie in January.  Who needs coffee?  :)

See edit.

I loved Cleveland!  It was awful in the late 80s....cleaned up in the 90s...I like it.  Nothing like a 20 below zero wind chill off of Lake Eerie in January.  Who needs coffee?   :)

I don't completely hate it I guess, it did have some redeeming qualities...People there seem so miserable all the time though..I'm just glad I'm back home in Indiana...