Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Booing the home team

oldunclemark

There was booing yesterday in Baltimore by the fans in frustration with the Ravens offense. It mostly happens out of frustration of seeing the same incompetence over and over , like rushing for 47 yards, and not kicking a field goal , when you can't rush the ball and get stuffed 4 times on the goal line.

The Philly fans are the worst..I personally dislike Michael Irvin, but they over half the stadium cheered when he was injured...They even booed Santa Claus one time downtown...

Its so bad in Philly, that they actually set up a jail in the stadium, with a judge to expedite the process..and then hauled everyone to the real jail after the game.

You have the right to cheer or boo at the game..that is your right..but to boo someone that got hurt, that's just plain ignorant and wrong.

I can understand booing when you feel like you are not getting your money worth during the game, but when fans cheer when players like Schaub get hurt or do the wave when Calais Campbell lays there potentially seriously hurt you just want to shake the fans and ask what the hell is wrong with you. Cheering for injuries is just despicable and just shows how trashy fans can be when it comes to sports.

A lot of fans nowadays would fit in just fine with the Romans watching the gladiators fight to the death.

I can understand booing when you feel like you are not getting your money worth during the game, but when fans cheer when players like Schaub get hurt or do the wave when Calais Campbell lays there potentially seriously hurt you just want to shake the fans and ask what the heck is wrong with you. Cheering for injuries is just despicable and just shows how trashy fans can be when it comes to sports.

A lot of fans nowadays would fit in just fine with the Romans watching the gladiators fight to the death.

giphy.gif

ALL fans do this. Don't try and kid yourself. I'm sure the Colts have done it many times too.

We've seen every team boo their home team, even the Steelers, Packers, and Cowboys who have larger than life fanbases will come to life in boo birds when the team is playing horribly. More often than not, we see them actually leave games before they are over with and empty the stadium.

Saints fans booed Mike Ditka's terrible teams, and I'm pretty sure Colts fans booed the Jeff George led 1-15 or 2-14 teams. You're lying if you say you didn't. Broncos fans booed Josh McDaniels and Kyle Orton when Quarterback Jesus was on the team, oh how people all of a sudden forget these things. I could go on and on using every team as an example. A lot of people could bring up Atlanta fans and how they've always booed Matt Ryan when the team is losing.

I remember back when Mora coached the Saints, our own fans cheered when Wade Wilson went out with an injury that resulted in one of Mora's epic embarrassing temper tantrums after the game. I hated him as a coach for his mouth, but he was in the right that time and I agree with his points. This was a flashback with yesterday as Matt Schaub went down. Fans have always cheered injuries, more often than not you see them cheering when the opposing team player walks off the field. Does anyone remember the Niners fans back in the 90's that used to cheer when Young would go down and all the "We Want Joe" chants?

The same could be said about NASCAR. People watch to see horrible wrecks, people indeed watch football to see injuries, and we know this the way they are made fun of and paraded through out. Injury videos get far more views than scores and finishes. Every fan base cheers on injuries, we all know it's true. You never ever see a stadium go completely silent when a player for the Away team is carted off.

If you want to single out Texans fans (and yes that was pretty bad, I'm not giving them a free pass here) it goes without saying that you have to take into account how all fans do this. You can't single out one fan base and throw them under the bridge. Fans themselves are part of the problem, always have been and no one ever wants to admit this. We can point the finger at another fanbase but it never washes away when our own does it. The NFL isn't the only professional sport with fans that cheer on violence and make complete jerks of themselves on national television.

Matt Schaub has been treated very poorly, but the same thing could easily happen with another fanbase. For every bad example used of Texans fans can be countered with good ones. Fans in general have always been one of the bigger problems in the league with how the rotten apples take things to extremes. Don't try to act like your team's fans haven't done the same thing. We're all guilty.

ALL fans do this. Don't try and kid yourself. I'm sure the Colts have done it many times too.

We've seen every team boo their home team, even the Steelers, Packers, and Cowboys who have larger than life fanbases will come to life in boo birds when the team is playing horribly. More often than not, we see them actually leave games before they are over with and empty the stadium.

Saints fans booed Mike Ditka's terrible teams, and I'm pretty sure Colts fans booed the Jeff George led 1-15 or 2-14 teams. You're lying if you say you didn't. Broncos fans booed Josh McDaniels and Kyle Orton when Quarterback Jesus was on the team, oh how people all of a sudden forget these things. I could go on and on using every team as an example. A lot of people could bring up Atlanta fans and how they've always booed Matt Ryan when the team is losing.

I remember back when Mora coached the Saints, our own fans cheered when Wade Wilson went out with an injury that resulted in one of Mora's epic embarrassing temper tantrums after the game. I hated him as a coach for his mouth, but he was in the right that time and I agree with his points. This was a flashback with yesterday as Matt Schaub went down. Fans have always cheered injuries, more often than not you see them cheering when the opposing team player walks off the field. Does anyone remember the Niners fans back in the 90's that used to cheer when Young would go down and all the "We Want Joe" chants?

The same could be said about NASCAR. People watch to see horrible wrecks, people indeed watch football to see injuries, and we know this the way they are made fun of and paraded through out. Injury videos get far more views than scores and finishes. Every fan base cheers on injuries, we all know it's true. You never ever see a stadium go completely silent when a player for the Away team is carted off.

If you want to single out Texans fans (and yes that was pretty bad, I'm not giving them a free pass here) it goes without saying that you have to take into account how all fans do this. You can't single out one fan base and throw them under the bridge. Fans themselves are part of the problem, always have been and no one ever wants to admit this. We can point the finger at another fanbase but it never washes away when our own does it. The NFL isn't the only professional sport with fans that cheer on violence and make complete jerks of themselves on national television.

Matt Schaub has been treated very poorly, but the same thing could easily happen with another fanbase. For every bad example used of Texans fans can be countered with good ones. Fans in general have always been one of the bigger problems in the league with how the rotten apples take things to extremes. Don't try to act like your team's fans haven't done the same thing. We're all guilty.

i dont recall colts fans ever cheering an injury. So no, we haven't done the same thing

I'm not for cheering injured players. But it has happened before.  Didn't Bronco fans cheer when Kyle Orton got hurt not too many years ago? first, not every Bronco or Texan fan cheered those injuries.  Those that do are the epitome of fanatical.  Overly passionate and emotions control their behaviour, not their thoughts.  In the heat of battle, they sometimes go over the top.  Players lose it too, and if caught their team suffers a 15 yard penalty.

Besides, I'm not sure people are cheering the injury hoping the guy will have to be fed via a tube, but just that the coaches now have to replace him with an alternate; maybe one that could change the game around and make angry fan happy again.

Booing? Folks booed Peyton yesterday.  When expectations aren't met, folks feel deprived.  Peyton not putting up another 50 burger (would have been a record 3 in a row) on what is likely the worst NFL team left a few of those feeling like they've been denied am entertaining experience.  Hogwash I say.  Boing the offivcials or other team doesn't affect your team.  But when you boo your own, it does. It really does.  They won't, or don't like to admit it, but it does.  And they'd rarely demean fans for booing poor play.  They understand the dynamics.  Play better, get cheers.  fans attend, more money in league, league flourishes.