Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's your #1 2014 Offseason Priority

danlhart87

Why would we spend a 2nd or even 3rd round pick on a OL? 

LT-Anthony Castonzo

LG-Donald Thomas 

C-Samson Satele 

RG-Hugh Thornton 

RT-Gosder Cherilus

With McGlynn, Holmes, Linkenbach, Reitz and Nixon as back ups. That looks pretty good. Getting Thomas and also Allen back will be huge for the run and passing run, and moving Thornton back to his natural spot at RG will also help. I think we should go get an extra guard or tackle via free agency or in the later rounds, a back up type, and maybe a center like Alex Mack to replace Satele (Holmes remains back up for now).

Also don't get why some think RB should be looked at in the 2nd or 3rd round. We're set at the RB position. Getting Ballard back to form a 1-2 punch with Richardson is really solid. A 3rd down type back in the mold of Donald Brown should be looked at (provided Brown isn't resigned). I don't get why we cut Kerwynn Williams, he seemed to fit that type.

Resigning Davis and Bethea is critical. They're pro bowl quality players and it makes no sense not to resign them with the way the whole secondary is playing. With more experience together they'll get better as a unit, which is scary. Darius Butler will still be under contract, and he's done really well as a nickel back, but beyond that I don't see much quality (Vaugn, Gordy), so either getting a CB through free agency or the draft should be a looked, but not in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

In the 2nd and 3rd round:

WR: Wayne is getting up there even if it doesn't show on tape, and DHB is only a short term solution. I honestly think Wayne's contract should be extended 1-2 years. His long term replacement (and short term replacement as he takes over from DHB) would then have a couple of years working with Wayne watching him (like Hilton) . I don't know how realistic that is though. But very beneficial in the long run.

DE: Redding getting up there and beyond him and RJF there's not much to talk about.

LB: ILB to go with Freeman or OLB to go with Mathis, Walden and Werner are positions we should look to upgrade.

I like the out of the box thinking, but man there is nothing positive that would come from that. Only thing we really need on the O line is center, and that could very well be McGlynn(never thought I'd say that).

Can't exactly have a handle like "Needanoline" and not gripe about the OLine...

Harsh my friend, harsh.

But kinda true.

My real off season priority is probably a new lob wedge right now....

In which case my priority will prolly be to get you to bring your clubs next time you visit. One of the reasons we narrowly missed each other last weekend was that I was at the Presidents Cup...

Maybe a new left tackle. Thornton to center. Castonzo to right guard. Castonzo isn't a long term solution. I want the colts to find a jj watt or Muhammad Wilkerson type to play end for us on the line. Another wide reciever. A cornerback. Outside linebacker is also important. Erik walden scares me

I think you are going to have a disappointing off season.

He did prove he had the hands to make a good catch at Stanford lol. Personally I think the Colts have a decent line with the potential to be good.

LT-Anthony Castonzo

LG-Donald Thomas

C-Khaled Holmes

RG-Hugh Thornton

RT-Gosder Cherilus

That's a very solid line if they get some depth and Holmes turns out to be decent.

That's a very average line...love my guys...but that's not 'very solid'....its just OK