Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats/Bucs

amfootball

Bucs - what a mess. Schiano needs to shake things up at the QB position.

Ya think? That entire offense needs a make over.

Freeman is not great QB by any means, but I think he's the fall guy. Schiano was a joke to begin with, and Freeman will be the fall guy so the * gets a new contract after this season.

3-0 is 3-0 , but I have never seen a team that got to the AFCCG , get an easier first three games than the Patriots. In contrast, the Ravens were at Denver. , got a breather with the Browns, then got the Texans. Wish we were in the AFC East.

lol. It is good to be in the AFC East. :)   But not sure your ravens will have much trouble with the Steelers or Browns this year.

Great bounce back these last two weeks after a terrible week 1. That D is still very tough and faster I think without Lewis and Reed.

3-0 is 3-0 , but I have never seen a team that got to the AFCCG , get an easier first three games than the Patriots. In contrast, the Ravens were at Denver. , got a breather with the Browns, then got the Texans. Wish we were in the AFC East.

why would you want to be in the AFC East? You'd never win the division.

I don't know, Atlanta had one of the easiest schedules in the league last year and cruised to the NFCCG.

NE isn't the only team that gets cupcakes, Denver sure has yet another weak schedule this season and no one seems to complain about that.

Good win. Defense playing well. Offense showing improvement.

Next week's game seems much less daunting.

Unlike the last 3 teams, if nothing else ATL has a QB who doesn't completely suck. Unlike Smith, Manuel, and what's his name Matt Ryan can actually pass to put points on the board. He's one of the better QB's in the league. In NE shuts HIM down, I'll be sold.

why would you want to be in the AFC East? You'd never win the division.

The Ravens have always matched up pretty well with NE. I could see them going 2-0 or splitting if they played twice a season. I don't know if they'd win enough games overall to beat NE for first, though.

NE had the perfect schedule to start the season but it will get just a bit tougher. For a team building chemistry and finding an identity on offense it doesn't hurt to play two rookie qbs that are celler dwellers and then the train wreck that is TB. I will say they looked better this week. The defense is look really good but yet to be tested by a good qb. The first half of NE's schedule is set up well for them because by week 8 or whatever that offense should look completely different for Tom...and then they hit the meat of their schedule with Miami, Houston, Denver and Baltimore. Had they started the season with those teams that team could have lost some major confidence and been fighting uphill to get into the playoffs. By the second half of the season NE will be NE...Tom will be great and while I don't necessarily see 35pts a game....I think their defense is much improved and I think they end up with the second best record in the AFC and face Houston again in the playoffs.

NE isn't the only team that gets cupcakes, Denver sure has yet another weak schedule this season and no one seems to complain about that.

Broncos schedule:

1: Ravens/Defending champs (Above average/good)

2: Giants/Prior champs (Below average)

3: Oakland (Below average)

4: Eagles (Average)

5: Cowboys (Above average)

6: Jaguars (Doormat)

7: Colts (Average, though if we continue to play like we did today I'd say above average. Next week is the Jags so no excuse not to.)

8: Redskins (Below average)

9: Chargers (Average)

10: Chiefs (Good)

11: Patriots (Mediocre right now will be above average/good with Gronk/Amendiola back.)

12: Chiefs (Good)

13: Titans (Average)

14: Chargers (Average)

15: Texans (Above average)

16:Raiders (Below average)

Doesn't look cupcake to me. It's not hair ripping hard, but that's the AFC for you. They play the Chiefs twice a season, and I could argue they're the second best team in the AFC. I wouldn't count SD out of a wild card, either. They don't play any VERY good/elite teams by my estimation, but I think the only ones in the league are Denver themselves and Seattle.

NE had the perfect schedule to start the season but it will get just a bit tougher. For a team building chemistry and finding an identity on offense it doesn't hurt to play two rookie qbs that are celler dwellers and then the train wreck that is TB. I will say they looked better this week. The defense is look really good but yet to be tested by a good qb. The first half of NE's schedule is set up well for them because by week 8 or whatever that offense should look completely different for Tom...and then they hit the meat of their schedule with Miami, Houston, Denver and Baltimore. Had they started the season with those teams that team could have lost some major confidence and been fighting uphill to get into the playoffs. By the second half of the season NE will be NE...Tom will be great and while I don't necessarily see 35pts a game....I think their defense is much improved and I think they end up with the second best record in the AFC and face Houston again in the playoffs.

I think Brees and company will give them a run for their money.

-Ravens/Defending champs (Good)

-Giants/Prior champs (Below average)

-Oakland (Game)

-Eagles (Mediocre)

-Cowboys (Good/Above average)

-Jaguars (Doormat)

-Colts (Average, though if we continue to play like we did today I'd say good. Next week is the Jags so no excuse not to.)

-Redskins (Doormat)

-Chargers (Mediocre)

-Chiefs (Good)

-Patriots (Mediocre right now will be above average/good with Gronk/Amendiola back.)

-Chiefs (Good)

-Titans (Mediocre)

-Chargers (Mediocre)

-Texans (Above average)

-Raiders (Doormat)

Doesn't look cupcake to me. It's not hair ripping hard, but that's the AFC for you. They play the Chiefs twice a season, and I could argue they're the second best team in the AFC. I wouldn't count SD out of a wild card, either.

I disagree with you. That's an easy schedule. No top flying offenses or great defenses to go up against. K.C. looks good against bad teams, but they surely won't keep that up forever. Looking at everyone Baltimore lost this off season, they are no where near the same lucky team they were last season. I am not sold on San Diego at all, nor am I with the Eagles. Those are cup cakes. That schedule is a piece of cake. Hopefully New England and Dallas bring their A game and beat them.

I think Brees and company will give them a run for their money.

The game is in NE so it will be a good one. Would have been more nervous if it was in NO. Tough team to beat at home for sure with that dome. Also, Brees seems a bit off this year. Not sure why. Maybe he is getting used to Payton again.

I disagree with you. That's an easy schedule. No top flying offenses or great defenses to go up against. K.C. looks good against bad teams, but they surely won't keep that up forever. Looking at everyone Baltimore lost this off season, they are no where near the same lucky team they were last season. I am not sold on San Diego at all, nor am I with the Eagles. Those are cup cakes. That schedule is a piece of cake. Hopefully New England and Dallas bring their A game and beat them.

Again, that's the AFC for you. SD and the Eagles are not good, but that doesn't make them steam roll easy. The ones on Denver's schedule fitting that bill are the Giants, Raiders x2, Redskins and Jaguars.

NE has:

Buffalo x2    -Arguably a bottom 5 team. No QB. (Stats be darned.) I'm sure after tonight with his 8 sacks he'll be closer to the gutter he belongs in.

Jets  x2       -Arguably a bottom 5 team. No QB.

TB              -Clearly a bottom 5 team. No QB.

Browns       -Arguably a bottom 5 team.

Steelers     - Clearly a bottom 5 team.

Panthers   

8 below average/garbage teams to go up against VS Denver's 5. Although I think Jacksonville sucks so bad they should count as 2 as they are the worst team. Call it 8 to 6. That's half of their schedule going up against trash.

On the flip side, NE plays:

ATL (Above average)

CIN (Good)

NO (Good)

Dolphins x2 (Above average, possibly even good)

Broncos (Very good)

Texans (Above average)

Ravens (Above average/good)

I'd say NE plays more good teams than Denver, but it's offset by the sheer amount of crap teams they face. Denver faces more middle of the road teams overall, with the Texans/Chiefs/Cowboys/Patriots (If healthy) being the above average or better teams. Maybe the Colts if we go on a tear.

lol. It is good to be in the AFC East. :) But not sure your ravens will have much trouble with the Steelers or Browns this year.

Great bounce back these last two weeks after a terrible week 1. That D is still very tough and faster I think without Lewis and Reed.

I am counting on the Browns and Steelers stinking this year. I think the two Bengals games will not be a party. The team that no one really knows how good they are is Miami. The Patriots and Ravens will soon find out.

Broncos schedule:

7: Colts (Average, though if we continue to play like we did today I'd say above average. Next week is the Jags so no excuse not to.)

I give the Patriots credit..

They have found a way to win these first 3 and they'll get more healthy later..

These wins are gold right now....

NE will take out Miami and win that division...again

11: Patriots (Mediocre right now will be above average/good with Gronk/Amendiola back.)

Doesn't look cupcake to me. It's not hair ripping hard, but that's the AFC for you. They play the Chiefs twice a season, and I could argue they're the second best team in the AFC. I wouldn't count SD out of a wild card, either. They don't play any VERY good/elite teams by my estimation, but I think the only ones in the league are Denver themselves and Seattle.

Broncos schedule:

You were more than fair in that assessment and I agree that it's by no means an easy schedule.

Good teams like the Patriots and Ravens will find a way to hang around.

The games vs the Falcons and the Saints will show us if the Pats can hang with the best. I expect the Pats to lose them both, I really do.

If the Pats win 1 of them, they will be an elite playoff contender, and if they lose both, they will be just another playoff contender that won't go too far in the playoffs.

Good teams like the Patriots and Ravens will find a way to hang around.

The games vs the Falcons and the Saints will show us if the Pats can hang with the best. I expect the Pats to lose them both, I really do.

If the Pats win 1 of them, they will be an elite playoff contender, and if they lose both, they will be just another playoff contender that won't go too far in the playoffs.

I think they have a legit shot to win both because the defense is much improved especially in the secondary and Gronk will be back. Those young receivers are getting separation too which is scary to think of Brady will two deep threats to go along with a stout run game. I think the Falcons are injured right now too which will inhibit their ability to score. I would like the Saints more to win if they were at home. They are not the same team outside on grass.

I would like the Saints more to win if they were at home. They are not the same team outside on grass.

The Saints' D has improved too, IMO. Plus, Brees has put a whooping on the Pats as a Charger a few years ago at Foxboro, and again in the dome a few years after that. I do think the Saints beat the Pats this year.

Falcons, the Pats have a chance but depends on whether Roddy White will be back and effective.

The Saints' D has improved too, IMO. Plus, Brees has put a whooping on the Pats as a Charger a few years ago at Foxboro, and again in the dome a few years after that. I do think the Saints beat the Pats this year.

Falcons, the Pats have a chance but depends on whether Roddy White will be back and effective.

Yes, Falcons are banged up and seem to be missing that mojo from last year. Big plus for Pats if Gronk is back too.

Yes, Pats have struggled against Saints and Rob Ryan as well. I like that it is at the razor. Brees just isn't the same outside of the dome and he seems a little off this year from some reason. Perhaps he is getting used to Payton again. Or just not used to having a decent defense. lol.