Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Picks for 2014:

??? WR seems stocked with Brazile, Rogers, Reed, Whalen, DHB, Hilton, Wayne, etc...

D-Line seems okay at this point...when healthy.  

Backers, O-Line and a Kicker... That's all I got.

Guess.

Angerer seems lost out there... (Skov-Stanford or Hubbard Bama)

O-Line needs help... (?) 3rd and 4th round...

5th?

Cairo Santos-K Tulane... 6th

??? WR seems stocked with Brazile, Rogers, Reed, Whalen, DHB, Hilton, Wayne, etc...

D-Line seems okay at this point...when healthy.  

Backers, O-Line and a Kicker... That's all I got.

Guess.

Angerer seems lost out there... (Skov-Stanford or Hubbard Bama)

O-Line needs help... (?) 3rd and 4th round...

5th?

Cairo Santos-K Tulane... 6th

Hopefully Reed is gone, DHB will almost certainly not get resigned and Reggie will not be the same and will likely retire after next year.

Positions of need and how to fill them

HB: resign Brown Bradshaw,sign Ben Tate or draft Carlos Hyde

WR: draft Allen Robinson or Donte Moncrief

C: sign Alex Mack or draft Tyler Larsen

G: draft David Yankey or trade for someone ( wouldn't mind giving up a high pick for someone like Larry Warford)

DE: (someone to repleace Redding) Arthur Jones

ILB: sign Brandon Spikes or Rolando McClain or draft Shayne Skov

CB: sign Sam Shields and for depth get someone like Marcus Sherels( means Reed doesn't have to return)

Back up safety: Draft Sean Parker.

I hope you're making a joke. Reggie and Hilton are proven playmakers, but who knows what Reggie will be like post-injury, and he's not getting any younger.

Brazil, Reed, Whalen, DHB, Rogers - None of them have really made an impression, to say the least, that would make me want to rely on them. It should be a no-brainer that WR will be adressed in the FA/Draft. Should be as well

2.? BPA

3.Chris Borland-ILB-Wisconsin

5.Kenny Bell-WR Nebraska

6.? BPA

7.Cartel Brooks- RB/PR/KR ?

Re-signs:

1.VD

2.PM

3.AV

4.DB, if the price is right.

Free-agent pick-ups:

1.-Veldheer, Jared (should come much cheaper...coming off an injury).

2.A.Mack (depending on price)

3.Just because we have money, doesn't mean we should spend it all. We have bigger players coming up sooner rather than later, so no need bringing in stop gap guys that will take away money from andrew and company.

2.Jordan Matthews-WR Vanderbilt

3.Jeremiah Attaochu

5.Chris Borland-ILB-Wisconsin

6.Beau Allen-NT Wisconsin

7.Marcus Coker-RB StoneyBrook (provided his off field issues are behind him)

There are some serious issues at WR, especially if Reggie can't make it all the way back to #1 form. I doubt that Matthews will still be around in the late 2nd round. I would be pretty happy to see the Colts pick up Beckham or Landry (both LSU juniors) or Moncrief (Ole Miss). None of these three are speed burners, but they all have good hands and seem to be able to get separation by running good routes. They also will fight for a ball thrown into tight coverage.

Chris Borland  ILB Wisconsin - good pursuit  Physical Hitter  Blitzes well  attacks gaps with power

Kyle Fuller  CB  VT - Great Man cover good balls skills  plays run well

Taylor Hart Oregon  - good upside decent pass rusher can give us a pass rusher opposite Redding and could be reddings replacement

Yawin Smallwood - athletic linebacker covers well

• 4 weeks later...

Every pick is BPA but...if two or more players are rated equally BPA then you make your choice based on need.  Our defense needs help more than our offense.  Keep in mind we're going to be getting two guards back from IR next year and the ones that have been active now have more experience.  I think OL should be left alone so they can continue to "gel".  I would much rather we focus on DT, CB, and both safeties as we only have Bethea and Landry who are proven playmakers.  If we can't resign Davis then we're going to need 2 CB's or need to pick up a veteran in free agency.  We are also going to have to either resign or replace Franklin Aubrayo and Fili Moala.