Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When will the defense and O-line be average?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

28 members have voted

1. 1. Defense?

• Later this year
    • next season
    • in 2 seasons
    • Never/not in the near future
  2. 2. Offensive Line

• Later this year
    • next season
    • in 2 seasons
    • Never/not in the near future

Defense- later this season, next season, 2 seasons from now, etc?

O-line- later this season, next season, 2 seasons from now, etc?

I'm just wondering when people think because I think it can both be at least average at least personnel wise by next season and if not the next. Maybe even above average, but let's not get go there yet lol. 

Our defense isn't that far off from being average.  NFL.com rates our total defense as 23rd in the league.  I think it was 17 before the Miami game.  It will be worse after this weekend though.  We have some of our best players out on defense this weekend.  Our O-line leads the league in run blocking but we're not nearly as good at pass blocking.  Losing Thomas for the year was a major blow.  

The most frustrating part on defense right now is that the talent is there. I don't really know what the problem is but we should be playing a lot better than we have been. I will say, we have some pretty good, young pieces in guys like Montori Hughes, Josh Chapman, Bjoern Werner, Mario Harvey, etc.. that should all be developing as the season rolls on. Hopefully, we can get those guys moving in the right direction as the season rolls on to help out.

on defense i thin we r 2 pieces away from being a stingy D      Shut down corner (* brandon Browner FA )     Draft   OLB in later rounds and we need a great MLB like dont get me wrong i like freeman alot but angerer is always hurt  maybe look for colts to draft MLB in 2nd round

I expect Werner to replace Walden by game 6 and the defense to gel as good as it will get for this year. If Hughes becomes what the coaches think he can become and if McNary or another ILB can complement Freeman next year we will have a defense good enough to win a SB.

The offense should hit its stride after a couple of more games. Losing Thomas, Ballard, and Allen hurt but TR makes up for Ballard.

let me count those out for you. 6 picks next year, You can relax now. err 5. okay

Yeah, even though we already see grigs doesn't have a problem picking up fa linemen. I don't know people want to keep plugging in rookies in the oline. I don't think you want more than one coming in and playing.

Yeah, even though we already see grigs doesn't have a problem picking up fa linemen. I don't know people want to keep plugging in rookies in the oline. I don't think you want more than one coming in and playing.

The Colts have one season ending Injury on the O-line and there's 2,3 rookie lineman drafted that are going to get playing time this year. We'll see the depth sooner than any of us wanted. I'm not wild about trading a first, but when you look at the last 10 years of 1st round picks, only Luck stands out. 

I have no problem with Grigson's aggressiveness in FA/ mid season trades.If Richardson blossoms, name me GM who affected their squad more positively in mid season in the last few years? I think this guy "gets" it. He's got the guy that everyone wants to go draft in Luck, and under a rookie contract, why not be aggressive. Front office guys down to players don't keep their job's long waiting on the squad to get good. The Browns did not get better and The Colts did.