Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

current roster question

ColtsFanMikeC

With activating Da'Rick Rogers and acquiring Trent Richardson, does that mean we dropped anyone or moved someone to practice squad -- or are these guys on the roster and we just deactivated Ballard, Allen, and Thomas?

I think you could argue that we now have the best RB group in the NFL with Richardson, Bradshaw, and Brown.  I know Brown is a little expensive ($2.7 million) for a 3rd string RB, but (IMO) he is a very solid number 2 back in the NFL and has to be arguably the best #3 in the NFL.

With activating Da'Rick Rogers and acquiring Trent Richardson, does that mean we dropped anyone or moved someone to practice squad -- or are these guys on the roster and we just deactivated Ballard, Allen, and Thomas?

I think you could argue that we now have the best RB group in the NFL with Richardson, Bradshaw, and Brown.  I know Brown is a little expensive ($2.7 million) for a 3rd string RB, but (IMO) he is a very solid number 2 back in the NFL and has to be arguably the best #3 in the NFL.

Ballard, Allen, and Thomas were moved from the active roster to IR making spots available for Rogers, Richardson, and Williams.

I think you could argue that we now have the best RB group in the NFL with Richardson, Bradshaw, and Brown. I know Brown is a little expensive ($2.7 million) for a 3rd string RB, but (IMO) he is a very solid number 2 back in the NFL and has to be arguably the best #3 in the NFL.

We promoted Rogers and added some WR that i think was drafted by the cowboys in the 4th to the PS.

As for the RB duo, pretty solid indeed. I don't think there's a better 2 out there besides Ben tate. Maybe guys like shonne Greene, Bryce brown, the lawfirm, Fred jackson, and guys like that but i still think Bradshaws better.

Guest TeamLoloJones

We promoted Rogers and added some WR that i think was drafted by the cowboys in the 4th to the PS. As for the RB duo, pretty solid indeed. I don't think there's a better 2 out there besides Ben tate. Maybe guys like shonne Greene, Bryce brown, the lawfirm, Fred jackson, and guys like that but i still think Bradshaws better.

If you go with all 3 RBs on one team, Seattle is without question the best.  Lynch, Turbin, and Christine Michael, all 3 would be starters on a bunch of teams.

Brown won`t be on a 53 man roster at the start of next season? I say that is a close call. JMO

I have no idea what you people see in him.

Not a good 3rd down back.

No vision/moves as a runner.

At BEST average as a blocker.

We are just keeping him because he is a veteran and will count as a FA lost. JMO

The Colts should just cut him now.