Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IF

Indy005

I know, I know, ifs and buts, coulda woulda shoulda's.

However, IF our team was fully healthy at the positions and the players we just lost such as Ballard, Thomas, and Allen, and with the addition of Trent Richardson, would we championship contenders?

Obviously the Richardson trade doesnt happen if Ballard doesnt get injured, but lets just say it still does. Completely hypothetical, all of this...but just for fun.

No, we are not nearly as disciplined on defense as we need to be. Luck is also to inconsistent

Dont you think we wouldnt need Luck to bail us out as much if he had a pro bowl running back?

Hed see a lot more man coverage, hed rip the defense into shreds. If they go zone, T-Rich eats them alive.

I'd have to say undoubtedly yes. The Super Bowl champs are the Ravens and we ran them pretty well except for us not capitalizing on TD's instead of FGs last year. We beat them and who knows. We all should know once you get in the playoffs, and we are a playoff team, it's any given Sunday.

We have plenty of talent to be Championship contenders. One could easily argue we have more talent on this team than any team we had when Manning was here. I don't understand you folks saying 3 years blah blah blah. Stop believing what you see on paper and what analysts say. This team is capable of beating any team in the league. We are not the jags. We have tons of pieces around us. We just need to get hot like 98% of the teams that win superbowls.