Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teddy Bridgewater is a BEAST!

I've been hearing some people put Bridgewater kinda in the same category as Luck as a prospect. They never said he was as good but in the same ballpark. For example, there were similar grades on Scouts Inc and several sites.

However, after watching the Rutgers-Louisville game, I have to say that Bridgewater is not in the same group as Luck. He's going to be a fine QB in the NFL and there's a very good chance he goes #1, but he did not impress me that much in that Rutgers game. For a guy who plays on a team with a very easy schedule, you have to impress EVERY game. He didn't do that last game.

I'd like to finally say though that he's still a great talent and has tons of potential in the NFL. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Did you no that Bill Polian son works for them enough said have great nite

Just because Bill Polian works as a director of pro personnel (NOT GM or assistent GM, different role), doesn't mean that they have a bad FO.

I have to agree more with BotT, they've put in place some pretty good FO guys. That's not the reason they're playing badly, they inherited a terrible team. I don't think any FO could've fixed this team this year.

I've been hearing some people put Bridgewater kinda in the same category as Luck as a prospect. They never said he was as good but in the same ballpark. For example, there were similar grades on Scouts Inc and several sites.

However, after watching the Rutgers-Louisville game, I have to say that Bridgewater is not in the same group as Luck. He's going to be a fine QB in the NFL and there's a very good chance he goes #1, but he did not impress me that much in that Rutgers game. For a guy who plays on a team with a very easy schedule, you have to impress EVERY game. He didn't do that last game.

I'd like to finally say though that he's still a great talent and has tons of potential in the NFL. 

Wow Andy, we agree. I have seen Bridgewater not be real impressive several times and it was against lower level competition. I think He has potential to be good, but to place him in Luck's category is ridiculous to me. It's not close.

Sorry, I was just confused.

No problem and I appreciate the feedback on Bridgewater. I have no sympathy for Jacksonville since they crowed for months for laying that 376 or whatever that rushing yardage was on us a few years back.

Just because Bill Polian works as a director of pro personnel (NOT GM or assistent GM, different role), doesn't mean that they have a bad FO.

I have to agree more with BotT, they've put in place some pretty good FO guys. That's not the reason they're playing badly, they inherited a terrible team. I don't think any FO could've fixed this team this year.

Agreed about inheriting a bad team but if they let Chris Polian have any input into there draft there in trouble

Wow Andy, we agree. I have seen Bridgewater not be real impressive several times and it was against lower level competition. I think He has potential to be good, but to place him in Luck's category is ridiculous to me. It's not close.

We do agree! Read more of my stuff and maybe we'll agree more :P? I donno. jk kinda.

I also think that Bridgewater's last over the top wow performance came against Florida. That's disappointing considering he's played nobodies this year.

I think you'll have to define "similar grades"  and tell us which draft sites?

Otherwise, I could generically say a terrible site which doesn't understand talent rates Bridgewater right with Luck.....

But, I did check Scouts Inc. 

Currently TB has a 96.     For a comparison,  RG3 had a 97 and Luck had the highest score....   99, done only one other time, 99 for John Elway.  

For what it's worth,  and I'm not trying to be cute or clever here,  a 96 is not similar to a 99 when grading a player, but especially a quarterback......

I'm not sure you'll find many (any?) reputable people willing to step up and publicly say Teddy Bridgewater is on par with Luck, or even close to Luck....

As always,  I look forward to your response.....