Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 08/29 "GAMEDAY"

sb41champs

Safety: Delano Howell has played his heart out.  Brown and Lefeged have been injured this preseason.  Does Howell make the team?

Marshay Green:  I keep seeing Gordy making the team and he has done NOTHING since he got here except run fast and miss plays.  I want Green on the team instead!

I would say Harnish, but I feel he is now destined to be cut for poor performance.  PS?  Or do we cut ties and bring in another QB?

Safety: Delano Howell has played his heart out.  Brown and Lefeged have been injured this preseason.  Does Howell make the team?

Marshay Green:  I keep seeing Gordy making the team and he has done NOTHING since he got here except run fast and miss plays.  I want Green on the team instead!

I would say Harnish, but I feel he is now destined to be cut for poor performance.  PS?  Or do we cut ties and bring in another QB?

When Green was on the field, the opposing teams would usually target his man and they got a lot of 1st downs on him. But I still agree that Green should make the team because he has been lights out getting to the qb during those exotic blitz packages

When Green was on the field, the opposing teams would usually target his man and they got a lot of 1st downs on him. But I still agree that Green should make the team because he has been lights out getting to the qb during those exotic blitz packages

I agree his coverage does need work.  Gordy has had his chance....I have not seen anything to warrant him being on the roster.  Maybe I am wrong.

I also agree the kid can fly to the QB....and looked solid returning the other night!!

They have some really hard choices to make at safety.  Clearly Bethea and Landry are locks.  From there though they have four guys and will probably keep two and it comes down to do you want back up safeties or special teams guys?  If you want special teams guys there is a strong case to be made for Lefeged and Brown.  If you want back up safeties both Howell and Asante have looked good.  They might very well split the baby so to speak and keep one back up safety and one special teams guy.