Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ N.Y. Giants Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It sux for any of the rookies to miss time.  This is basically their preseason and they need all the reps they can get with this modified season.  Hopefully it won't keep him out past today.  I also think TY shows out today vs. the inexperience in the Vikings secondary, and maybe their best guy Dantzler being out.  On the flip side, Thielen could go off for 200.  Should be a good battle between he and TY for air superiority.  But I like Campbell to have a sneaky good game going against their #2 guy.  I don't see too many big plays but I think he'll see a lot of catches.  Hines too.
    • TY is fine.  To me, he's never been a high #1 guy simply because of his size.  In today's NFL you need a guy with a little more size to be a true #1 alpha dog.  But he has sort of made up for it with his big play ability over the years.  His injuries are a concern but he hasn't really missed many games because of it.  If the Colts ever found that big guy with hands and speed (looking at you Pittman) that could be a true #1 then I think Hilton would become more deadly.  I like keeping the guy around I'm just not sure he is worth #1 guy money.  My 2 sense.
    • Probably not washed up but definitely starting to decline which is expected.   He wants to finish his career in Indy so he may be open to taking a modest contract and becoming more of a mentor that is slowly phased out as other receivers develop.  I’m ok with this succession plan but I also would of been ok with trading him before this last draft to package with the Pittman pick to move up for a blue chip receiver. I wish our team would embrace trading players one year early to extract maximum value.  No clue what this would do for team moral so most likely wishful thinking. 
    • Nah.  Said 10 wins and stickin to it.  Not gonna freak out after a single crappy game.  As I recall, the Colts got destroyed by MJD and the Jags on the ground like a couple of months before they won the Superbowl.  Stuff happens.  I expect this team to right the ship.  If they haven't after week 4, then I'll change my mind.
    • I'm withholding complete judgement until after today's game. Here's why:   1. Week 1 against a divisional opponent: We all know that division games can be fairly close and even result in the "weaker" team winning simply because they are a division game. In addition, week 1 has always historically seen some pretty surprising games and upsets. Maybe this was the case with the Colts.   2. COVID: The lack of a "normal" offseason as well as a decent crop of new players on both sides of the ball means that there was going to be some growing pains.   3. Lack of Preseason: Ironically enough, I believe that this has shown that there still needs to be at least some preseason games given the amount of sloppy play we saw across the league despite a percentage of fans thinking that the preseason is a waste.   If the Colts come out and lose today, I'll be hitting the panic button along with many others I'm sure. But if they show improvement and get the win, I'll stick with my prediction of a playoff berth. Let's see what happens.
  • Members