Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rare side of Belichick: Addresses Hernandez story...

GoPats

What are you talking about, at no point do I say the Pats are bad? I said they have failed (lost) on the biggest stage, which happens to be very true. Look we can disagree but don't put words in my mouth. The gist of the post was about me enjoying Patriot losses, so what are you blathering about?

You're not a very good dancer. Put words in your mouth? You're kidding again? You're quite the jokester. Unfortunately you don't get to enjoy many NE loses. I wish NE was golfing and the Colts were losing those SB's so I could gloat like you.    

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not a very good dancer. Put words in your mouth? You're kidding again? You're quite the jokester. Unfortunately you don't get to enjoy many NE loses. I wish NE was golfing and the Colts were losing those SB's so I could gloat like you.    

I only dance when I drink heavily, New England wins a hell of a lot we agree on that, we agree that the Pats have been a great team, what you fail to understand is that for what ever reasons I get a sense of relief when the Pats lose, it's a simple concept. I felt a sense of relief when they lost to the Giants in 2007 especially, I was sure the Pats were going to kill the Giants. I drank 14 or so Heinekens that year preparing to have to recognize the 2007 Pats as the greatest team ever, I was so happy when they lost. Do you understand that?

What are you talking about, at no point do I say the Pats are bad? I said they have failed (lost) on the biggest stage, which happens to be very true. Look we can disagree but don't put words in my mouth. The gist of the post was about me enjoying Patriot losses, so what are you blathering about?

You said "I have taken great pleasure in seeing the pats fail on the biggest stage for almost 10 years now". What are you talking about? NE has won more football games that any other team over the last 10 years. Tell me. Would you prefer the Colts golfing or in the SB? Winning or losing? 

You said "I have taken great pleasure in seeing the pats fail on the biggest stage for almost 10 years now". What are you talking about? NE has won more football games that any other team over the last 10 years. Tell me. Would you prefer the Colts golfing or in the SB? Winning or losing? 

The Pats last won the Superbowl in the 2004 season, I have already explained how great the pats are in the regular season, I have explained the meaning of "biggest stage" if you don't understand what that means it's your problem.

I wish the Patriots were golfing and the Colts were losing those SB's so I could gloat like you.

I'm not gloating, let me spell it out, I like when the Pats lose big games, it has nothing to do with gloating. It has nothing to do with the Colts golfing, just a very simple observation on the actual relief that I felt. I felt relieved to not have to hear anymore dynasty talk or greatest team ever talk from gloating Patriot fans. Is that okay with you genius?

I'm not gloating, let me spell it out, I like when the Pats lose big games, it has nothing to do with gloating. It has nothing to do with the Colts golfing, just a very simple observation on the actual relief that I felt. I felt relieved to not have to hear anymore dynasty talk or greatest team ever talk from gloating Patriot fans. Is that okay with you genius?

Only one problem. They were a Dynasty and continue to be the team that wins the most games in the NFL. I feel relieved too.

yes, I was quite clear about that. if it makes me a lesser fan because I feel the next best thing to a Colts win is a Pats loss, or if I still get enjoyment out of 18-1 excuse the heck out of me. I still get goose bumps thinking about the Cassel led Pats winning 11 games and not making the playoffs, these type of things are like guilty pleasures to me. I apparently went overboard by saying reading comprehension, and shine box, for that I apologize to the Forum members, forgive me!

Yeah, 18-1... guess they should have rested their starters late in the season. ;)

When was the last time any other team went 18-1? Never...so how bad is that? I'd say 7 less wins and no playoffs the following year is a pretty big drop off. No? Are you trying so sound clueless or are you for real?

What are you talking about, at no point do I say the Pats are bad? I said they have failed (lost) on the biggest stage, which happens to be very true. Look we can disagree but don't put words in my mouth. The gist of the post was about me enjoying Patriot losses, so what are you blathering about?

Man, your team must kill you, then, considering the multiple one and done's, frequent choking , etc.

Man, your team must kill you, then, considering the multiple one and done's, frequent choking , etc.

Yeah I remember that awful choke we had. Picture this if you can. Perfect season. We didn't lose a single game. Then lost the last one with like two minutes to go. And then we waited a few years, did it all over again. Minus the 18-1.

Least we got comparatively more recent SB victory to keep us warm at night.

Yeah I remember that awful choke we had. Picture this if you can. Perfect season. We didn't lose a single game. Then lost the last one with like two minutes to go. And then we waited a few years, did it all over again. Minus the 18-1.

Very, very, very weak.

LOL Oh I forgot about that one. I'm pretty sure it was the Patriots that beat them in the regular season. That was I great Bears team.

Dolphins, I seem to remember it being a Monday night but don't quote me...

I see what you did there. ;)

In all honesty though...

The positive thing about 18-1 was that in no way, shape, or form could it get worse (for fans) than that. Especially the way that game unfolded in the end. Helmet catch, Samuel dropping an easy INT, Warren letting Eli get out of his grasp because he was worried about a penalty...

But, like a "real" tragic event in one's life (let's face it, sports are not real life), it left me with a good dose of perspective. No loss could be harder to take as a fan. Everything else seems like a paper cut now!

With some years now having passed, I don't look at the 18-1 season as an abject failure because they did not win the Super Bowl. It was still a remarkable achievement, and one accomplished with some outstanding style points (team offense records, Brady's TD record, Moss' TD record, etc). I'm proud of the team for daring to aim for immortality, and - no offense or disrespect intended - I think that the Colts bailing on the perfect season a couple of years later really kind of tempered the fact that the Patriots failed at it in the end and punctuated the "damn the torpedoes" attitude that New England had in '07.

Very, very, very weak.

haha yeah because your post about the Colts "choking" was just gold.

I can use faulty logic too. It's not a gift, anyone can do it. So if the Colts always choke, the Pats are nothing but choke artists since their last SB win. Using your logic of course.

Though as you say, your logic was "Very, very, very, weak."

Dolphins, I seem to remember it being a Monday night but don't quote me...

It was a Monday night in Miami. Marino was too much for them in the heat.

Everytime you look up records it's just the regular season. You have to go to the playoffs and add them yourself for the total record.

So 16-0 > 15-1 :)

And you're right- no way is 18-1 a failure let alone 16-0. You lost the SB, that's it. Even a day later I felt it's the greatest season ever.

In all honesty though...

The positive thing about 18-1 was that in no way, shape, or form could it get worse (for fans) than that. Especially the way that game unfolded in the end. Helmet catch, Samuel dropping an easy INT, Warren letting Eli get out of his grasp because he was worried about a penalty...

But, like a "real" tragic event in one's life (let's face it, sports are not real life), it left me with a good dose of perspective. No loss could be harder to take as a fan. Everything else seems like a paper cut now!

With some years now having passed, I don't look at the 18-1 season as an abject failure because they did not win the Super Bowl. It was still a remarkable achievement, and one accomplished with some outstanding style points (team offense records, Brady's TD record, Moss' TD record, etc). I'm proud of the team for daring to aim for immortality, and - no offense or disrespect intended - I think that the Colts bailing on the perfect season a couple of years later really kind of tempered the fact that the Patriots failed at it in the end and punctuated the "darn the torpedoes" attitude that New England had in '07.

As you say, there's a part of me that would have died a little if the Colts went 18-1. That's not a knock on the Pats either, but man that would have taken awhile to get over as a fan lol.

Heck the Colts lost a SB on regular circumstances, and I couldn't watch ESPN for weeks lol.

All those fears of losing aside, I wish we had tried for a perfect season, just for momentum sake. I mean all the games left on the schedule were winnable. It's not like we were playing anyone who we would have to kill ourselves trying to beat.

I actually had season tickets that season, and decided not to go to the Jets game because I saw the writing on the wall. No point dwelling in the past though haha.

As you say, there's a part of me that would have died a little if the Colts went 18-1. That's not a knock on the Pats either, but man that would have taken awhile to get over as a fan lol.

Heck the Colts lost a SB on regular circumstances, and I couldn't watch ESPN for weeks lol.

All those fears of losing aside, I wish we had tried for a perfect season, just for momentum sake. I mean all the games left on the schedule were winnable. It's not like we were playing anyone who we would have to kill ourselves trying to beat.

I actually had season tickets that season, and decided not to go to the Jets game because I saw the writing on the wall. No point dwelling in the past though haha.

And that's the crime imo. The fans were gipped. and 16-0 is a big deal. After all this game IS for the fans.

That's one thing I like about BB. He's said before about meaningless games- we owe the fans a game-that's why we're here. Sure he also makes moves for strategy but giving a game for the fans is still a part of his of his format.

And that's the crime imo. The fans were gipped. and 16-0 is a big deal. After all this game IS for the fans.

That's one thing I like about BB. He's said before about meaningless games- we owe the fans a game-that's why we're here. Sure he also makes moves for strategy but giving a game for the fans is still a part of his of his format.

My Mom, who went in my place to that game, came back pretty miserable. I told her, not in a know it all way, that I expected them to pull the starters at some point.

I'm not sure there's a feeling worse than being in a stadium, and knowing your team is waving the white flag. Especially in a game we could have/likely would have won.

Then to add insult to injury, the starters start the next game to reach personal milestones. Made no sense to me then, still doesn't.

My Mom, who went in my place to that game, came back pretty miserable. I told her, not in a know it all way, that I expected them to pull the starters at some point.

I'm not sure there's a feeling worse than being in a stadium, and knowing your team is waving the white flag. Especially in a game we could have/likely would have won.

Then to add insult to injury, the starters start the next game to reach personal milestones. Made no sense to me then, still doesn't.

Polian was a weird dude sometimes, lol...

yeah..that's the one time(maybe only :) ) I felt bad for colts fans. I can't imagine going to the game and getting treated with that slop.

I forgot about the milestones in the next game- really bad.

I personally do place more importance on the whole season than any SB. After all I'm the fan and the whole season is the cumulative of entertainment and winning is fun.

that's why 16-0 (16 games) is bigger to me than losing the SB.

Polian was a weird dude sometimes, lol...

You can say that again.

You need a QB to win in this league to get to the playoffs, he got that part right. But to win in the playoffs, you need a team whose trenches can hang with the best. I don't think Polian got that in his head even after his Bills got beat up physically in their SBs and their WRs got jammed like crazy vs Parcells/Belichick combo.

Outside the Giants SB, the Bills team lost by 13 or more in every other SB.

haha yeah because your post about the Colts "choking" was just gold.

I can use faulty logic too. It's not a gift, anyone can do it. So if the Colts always choke, the Pats are nothing but choke artists since their last SB win. Using your logic of course.

Though as you say, your logic was "Very, very, very, weak."

I never said the Colts choked but now that you mention it it's pretty funny. Is a record number of one and dones better than winning SB's, losing SB's, losing AFC Championship games? I guess we just have different perspectives. I respect that.

Like JJ I'm glad the Patriots go for it. No blatant disregard for their fans or the game. And don't comeback with that cheap Spygate stuff.

In all honesty though...

With some years now having passed, I don't look at the 18-1 season as an abject failure because they did not win the Super Bowl. It was still a remarkable achievement, and one accomplished with some outstanding style points (team offense records, Brady's TD record, Moss' TD record, etc). I'm proud of the team for daring to aim for immortality, and - no offense or disrespect intended - I think that the Colts bailing on the perfect season a couple of years later really kind of tempered the fact that the Patriots failed at it in the end and punctuated the "darn the torpedoes" attitude that New England had in '07.

Yes, it was/is a remarkable achievement GoPats & part of me wanted you to pull off a perfect season just so the 72 Dolphins & Mercury Morris would shut the hades up. I get so sick & tired of him clinging to that perfect season it makes me wanna vomit. I so craved someone on the Patriots putting Mercury in his place. He desperately needs that, especially today. I'm usually a nice guy, but Mr. Morris rubs me the wrong way & gets under my skin. JMO.

I never said the Colts choked but now that you mention it it's pretty funny. Is a record number of one and dones better than winning SB's, losing SB's, losing AFC Championship games? I guess we just have different perspectives. I respect that.

Like JJ I'm glad the Patriots go for it. No blatant disregard for their fans or the game. And don't comeback with that cheap Spygate stuff.

lmao

Wrong Pats fan. I thought you were Viriludant haha.

That's what I get for not looking at usernames.

Eh all of you Pats guys look the same anyways :)

For the record I was spoofing Viri's idea of choking. I dont have an bone to pick with the Pats. Ever since Manning left, it's like all the tension from the rivalry just vanished. I don't have a problem with the Pats or their fans. So don't take me busting chops, or messing around as being a "hater." Don't be saying "don't bring up Spygate." I don't need bring up rules violations just for the sake of it. I don't go around bashing the Pats for every reason imaginable, and I think my posting history backs that fact up.

However, while the Pats did go for the perfect season, don't act like resting starters is strictly a Colts phenomenon. It is a legitimate strategy for the post season, it just sucks sacrificing a chance at history for. It's not like we rested starters in the "coulda been perfect season", and went one and done. We did get to the SB. Had we one? It would have been called a master stroke.

Yes, it was/is a remarkable achievement GoPats & part of me wanted you to pull off a perfect season just so the 72 Dolphins & Mercury Morris would shut the hades up. I get so sick & tired of him clinging to that perfect season it makes me wanna vomit. I so craved someone on the Patriots putting Mercury in his place. He desperately needs that, especially today. I'm usually a nice guy, but Mr. Morris rubs me the wrong way & gets under my skin. JMO.

In the interest of fairness, David Letterman's commentary on the 2007 SB, an Indianapolis native, still makes me LOL to this day...Trust me, Dave's goofy charm still holds up... I finally found it on You Tube!

lmao

Wrong Pats fan. I thought you were Viriludant haha.

That's what I get for not looking at usernames.

Eh all of you Pats guys look the same anyways :)

For the record I was spoofing Viri's idea of choking. I dont have an bone to pick with the Pats. Ever since Manning left, it's like all the tension from the rivalry just vanished. I don't have a problem with the Pats or their fans. So don't take me busting chops, or messing around as being a "hater." Don't be saying "don't bring up Spygate." I don't need bring up rules violations just for the sake of it. I don't go around bashing the Pats for every reason imaginable, and I think my posting history backs that fact up.

However, while the Pats did go for the perfect season, don't act like resting starters is strictly a Colts phenomenon. It is a legitimate strategy for the post season, it just sucks sacrificing a chance at history for. It's not like we rested starters in the "coulda been perfect season", and went one and done. We did get to the SB. Had we one? It would have been called a master stroke.

A master stroke? Hardly. Everyone in Indy would STILL be lamenting the fact that team "could have" gone 19-0 with the lousy Jets and Bills as the last two games you threw away.

And while resting starters is not strictly a Colts phenonmeon, you guys have certainly popularized it as a lesson in futility. lol.

yeah..that's the one time(maybe only :) ) I felt bad for colts fans. I can't imagine going to the game and getting treated with that slop.

I forgot about the milestones in the next game- really bad.

I personally do place more importance on the whole season than any SB. After all I'm the fan and the whole season is the cumulative of entertainment and winning is fun.

that's why 16-0 (16 games) is bigger to me than losing the SB.

Yes, could not agree more. The Pats already had 3 SBs when they went for it so going 16-0 is a much bigger achievement.

You know what is interesting? When the Packers were going for an undefeated season back in 2011, they kept getting compared to the Pats of '07 not the Fins of '72 because the Pats actually came as close as you could to a perfect 19-0 which usurped the Fins because they went 17-0 in an era that most consider to be inferior to the cap/FA. So even though the Pats did not complete perfection, I take solace in the fact that they did take the spotlight away from the Fins. :D

A master stroke? Hardly. Everyone in Indy would STILL be lamenting the fact that team "could have" gone 19-0 with the lousy Jets and Bills as the last two games you threw away.

And while resting starters is not strictly a Colts phenonmeon, you guys have certainly popularized it as a lesson in futility. lol.

Right because, "going for it" changed the end result for you guys lmao

That's one of those classic decisions that you look like a genius if it works, and a know nothing if it doesn't.

Like onside kicking to open the second half of a SB.

Right because, "going for it" changed the end result for you guys lmao

That's one of those classic decisions that you look like a genius if it works, and a know nothing if it doesn't.

Like onside kicking to open the second half of a SB.

What does the Pats going for it have to do with your assumption that the Colts would have looked like geniuses if they won the SB? Fact is they had a SB from 2006 and a chance at a perfect season in 2009. Had they won the SB, the fans would have been more irate at mgmt for not going for it and completing the perfect season. Immortality was at stake. It was dumb no matter the result or reasoning.

What does the Pats going for it have to do with your assumption that the Colts would have looked like geniuses if they won the SB? Fact is they had a SB from 2006 and a chance at a perfect season in 2009. Had they won the SB, the fans would have been more irate at mgmt for not going for it and completing the perfect season. Immortality was at stake. It was dumb no matter the result or reasoning.

First off those are two different points your blending together.

I mentioned the Pats because you said we made resting synonymous with futility. To which I replied the Pats method hasn't been any more effective than the Colts, when it comes to winning SBs since 06. Totally seperate issue on why the Front office would have looked like they made a bold move if we won it all.

And sure, if you completely ignore the reasoning, that rest is useful for a football team late in the year. It may not be a rational that people agree with or like, with "immortality" at stake, but management thought it would be smart. And they weren't proven wrong, because we got to the SB we just didn't win it. Because if we win they can go," we don't care about regular season records or having a flashy perfect season, we care about winning SBs." But alas, it wasn't meant to be for us that year.

What would have happened if Peyton went down for the year in the Bills game? People would have lost their minds, "why was he even out there?!? We should have been focusing on the playoffs!!"

Your twisting it like the Colts Org was afraid of the perfect season, when what they actually were afraid of was looking like *s if a key piece got hurt, in a meaningless game.

First off those are two different points your blending together.

I mentioned the Pats because you said we made resting synonymous with futility. To which I replied the Pats method hasn't been any more effective than the Colts, when it comes to winning SBs since 06. Totally seperate issue on why the Front office would have looked like they made a bold move if we won it all.

And sure, if you completely ignore the reasoning, that rest is useful for a football team late in the year. It may not be a rational that people agree with or like, with "immortality" at stake, but management thought it would be smart. And they weren't proven wrong, because we got to the SB we just didn't win it. Because if we win they can go," we don't care about regular season records or having a flashy perfect season, we care about winning SBs." But alas, it wasn't meant to be for us that year.

What would have happened if Peyton went down for the year in the Bills game? People would have lost their minds, "why was he even out there?!? We should have been focusing on the playoffs!!"

Your twisting it like the Colts Org was afraid of the perfect season, when what they actually were afraid of was looking like . if a key piece got hurt, in a meaningless game.

Your reasoning is flawed as to why the Pats have not won since 2006. They have not won because they have not been good enough not because they have not been resting players. Their defense has been atrocious.

It is interesting that you justify the Colts mgmt because the team MADE the SB. The goal is to win it? no? Otherwise you have no argument about the Pats since 2006 as they have been making SBs (two) and appearances in AFC champ games (three) versus one and done's like the Colts save for 2009.

While I don't disgree about Manning getting injured that is football and every fan gets it. The chance at immortality only comes once or never for some. You have to seize it. They were playing scared for sure and not sure why to be honest. Like I said, Manning had his ring so the pressure was off ...

Your reasoning is flawed as to why the Pats have not won since 2006. They have not won because they have not been good enough not because they have not been resting players. Their defense has been atrocious.

It is interesting that you justify the Colts mgmt because the team MADE the SB. The goal is to win it? no? Otherwise you have no argument about the Pats since 2006 as they have been making SBs (two) and appearances in AFC champ games (three) versus one and done's like the Colts save for 2009.

While I don't disgree about Manning getting injured that is football and every fan gets it. The chance at immortality only comes once or never for some. You have to seize it. They were playing scared for sure and not sure why to be honest. Like I said, Manning had his ring so the pressure was off ...

haha how do you keep missing what I'm saying? I don't understand it.

You keep blending resting starters with what I was saying about the Pats. I'm not saying they should have been resting their starters. I'm saying that rest or no rest, it hasn't worked out for the Pats just as much as it hasn't worked for the Colts since both of their respective SBs. So the argument that rest kills, doesn't hold water. Because we rested guys got to a SB and lost. The Pats played it out, then got to the SB and lost. No way proved to be more effective.

What does kill is playing a team that's better than you on any given Sunday.

The front office tried to outsmart themselves, as people who call themselves experts tend to do. It had nothing to do with fear, that doesn't even make sense. Why would the front office be afraid of winning two more games? They wouldn't. But they did have a philosophy that you rest starters when you have nothing to play for. So they stuck with that for better or worse.

I would have liked for them to go for it, but I'm not going to sit here ignorant to other trains of thought, and pretend I don't understand why they rested players.