Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian: Hernandez not on the Colt's Draft Board....

NewColtsFan

I've lived in Indiana for 21 years. And I've gotta say there's quite a few dishonest people. See them every day. Doubt it's different anywhere else. Worlds still a cruddy place where ever you go.

There's a less people living here making it more honest, lol.

I've lived in Indiana for 21 years. And I've gotta say there's quite a few dishonest people. See them every day. Doubt it's different anywhere else. Worlds still a cruddy place where ever you go.

Came from L.A 31 years ago , Coming to Indiana was like moving to Mayberry , Back home Gangs  & assorted thugs will welcome you with - drive byes - killing & beating people into the ground  which  is a daily occurrence drive into watts compton east L.A & unless your a local you become fresh meat , That is big city life , The good the bad & the very ugly truth .

Indiana is a place you move to when your tired of the 24 hour parties & all the drama , Its a cake walk for any person who's seen the other side of the tracks .

well, say what you want, but florida is chock full of dishonest people. after spending a few years down there, i found the honor of people from indiana to be very refreshing

i think everyone running from the law or people outcast by there families all migrate to florida

A large amount of people who flock to Florida are from Indiana. Florida Hoosier is actually a term. My parents flocked to Florida and I was born there, I flocked back to Indiana. It was ok as a kid but I had a feeling that place would murder my soul, so I moved to Indiana at 17 and finished HS here.

Or L.A .

yeah, it's a geographical thing. simply a matter of derelict convenience :)

A large amount of people who flock to Florida are from Indiana. Florida Hoosier is actually a term. My parents flocked to Florida and I was born there, I flocked back to Indiana. It was ok as a kid but I had a feeling that place would murder my soul, so I moved to Indiana at 17 and finished HS here.

they can't be as bad as floridian new yorkers :)

Came from L.A 31 years ago , Coming to Indiana was like moving to Mayberry , Back home Gangs & assorted thugs will welcome you with - drive byes - killing & beating people into the ground which is a daily occurrence drive into watts compton east L.A & unless your a local you become fresh meat , That is big city life , The good the bad & the very ugly truth .

Indiana is a place you move to when your tired of the 24 hour parties & all the drama , Its a cake walk for any person who's seen the other side of the tracks .

I understand where you are coming from (no pun lol) but I wasn't meaning crime. I was speaking of the way people are in general is dishonest these days.

Polian's quite the hypocrite; Rae Carruth was no angel. He, in fact, was as despicable a human being as Hernandez.

I very nearly posted the exact same thing, along with quotes he made about drafting Carruth at the time. But decided against because really, he would only be a hypocrite if there were similar pre-draft red flags.  I couldn't remember any and I couldn't find any articles that mentioned Carruth's red flags or any incidents while he was at Colorado so I gave up googling. Maybe you had better luck.

It's also possible, that if there were pre-draft red flags, he learned a lesson and changed his drafting in response to the murder. So even if there were red flags with Carruth, he could've taken Hernandez off the board without being a hypocrite. 

Polian talking about the pick back in 1997:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/1997/04/20/oth_207073.shtml

I think Polian really shying away from character issue guys was attributed to Dungy and the kind of team he wanted. While Hernandez was drafted after Dungy left, I believe there was a lot of carryover.

As much as Polian has been caught in lies lately about draft history, this is one I probably give him the benefit of the doubt on.

what did carruth get in trouble for before the murder

+1.....

I did some looking around and I couldn't find anything bad on Carruth prior to being involved in the murder of his pregnant girlfriend....

If ViriLudant has some info,  please share it here...   and if there's a link to that,  even better....

Thanks....

Funny thing is he comes out to say this guy was not on draft board, yet even though Hernandez career may be cut short with murder, he will still have given his team more production than any of Polians last half dozen or so first round picks. And he was 4th round pick